You couldn’t make it up!! (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Do as I say not as I do!!

Well that’s climate change solved then 🙄

Seriously unless you’re being paid by oil companies like Order Order is why spread this shite? She’s right that it was thought Diesels were greener and that electrics are too expensive.

It’sabatch87

Well that’s climate change solved then 🙄

Seriously unless you’re being paid by oil companies like Order Order is why spread this shite? She’s right that it was thought Diesels were greener and that electrics are too expensive.
How can you defend her?

shmmeee

XR aren’t even a group requesting individual action. They’re a pressure group on governments. She isn’t telling people not to drive diesels, she’s telling govenrments to act so it’s not even hypocrisy.

Keep falling for billionaires games though mate. I’m sure they’ll let you play with them 🙄

It’sabatch87

XR aren’t even a group requesting individual action. They’re a pressure group on governments. She isn’t telling people not to drive diesels, she’s telling govenrments to act so it’s not even hypocrisy.

Keep falling for billionaires games though mate. I’m sure they’ll let you play with them 🙄
You’d defend Jimmy savile or Denis Neilson no doubt!!
She’s a hypocrite who laughs at people like you defending her!!

Ian1779

Obviously not able to use an electric train or cycle to work, unless she can't afford it :rolleyes:

There is a more general point that the infrastructure for more green methods of travel is shit, and incredibly unaffordable when you think of trains for example.

Ian1779

You’d defend Jimmy savile or Denis Neilson no doubt!!
She’s a hypocrite who laughs at people like you defending her!!
If politely suggest the one getting laughed at is the one giving out the outrage based on a Guido article and totally missing the notion of what XR and the climate emergency is about. The oil barons love people like you.

Grendel

Caroline Lucas was the funniest. The only green thing she’d support is Air Lingus - cheap US flights

Grendel

Actually I take it back. The biggest twerp is the other green leader Jonathan Bartley - he thinks cars are not green and evil - they are when Jonathan is at the wheel - he once ran someone over and killed them - he’s more dangerous than CO2 if he’s at the wheel!

It’sabatch87

If politely suggest the one getting laughed at is the one giving out the outrage based on a Guido article and totally missing the notion of what XR and the climate emergency is about. The oil barons love people like you.
I’m sorry but she’s in the wrong can you not see that?

Ian1779

Diesel engines emit less CO2 than petrol ones, that much is true. Maybe from an image perspective you might think she should have an electric vehicle at least.
But while you are outraged at this, the fossil fuel companies don’t have to do anything, because they aren’t being pressured whilst people divert the conversation onto what is ultimately quite a trivial notion.

skybluetony176

I think if she eats meat she’d be more hypocritical. It’s still not really a gotcha though. It is impossible for anyone to complain about climate change and not be a hypocrite. Simply by being alive you have a carbon footprint. It’s very difficult in the modern age to live without a car, especially if you live in the middle of nowhere with no public transport links. When it comes to cars the greenest car you’ll ever own is a used car. Electric is good at helping clean air in built up areas but it isn’t a fix all. Lithium batteries have a massive carbon footprint, they’re really difficult to recycle at end of life and there’s also the small matter of how green is the electricity that you’re putting in it. If she lives in the middle of London then maybe it’s a gotcha. If she lives in a small town, village or the middle of nowhere then she probably is doing the greenest form of car ownership she can, especially if she owns a used car. In which case it isn’t a gotcha, it’s a case of the publication that issued this gotcha not understanding what they’re writing.

It’sabatch87

I think if she eats meat she’d be more hypocritical. It’s still not really a gotcha though. It is impossible for anyone to complain about climate change and not be a hypocrite. Simply by being alive you have a carbon footprint. It’s very difficult in the modern age to live without a car, especially if you live in the middle of nowhere with no public transport links. When it comes to cars the greenest car you’ll ever own is a used car. Electric is good at helping clean air in built up areas but it isn’t a fix all. Lithium batteries have a massive carbon footprint, they’re really difficult to recycle at end of life and there’s also the small matter of how green is the electricity that you’re putting in it. If she lives in the middle of London then maybe it’s a gotcha. If she lives in a small town, village or the middle of nowhere then she probably is doing the greenest form of car ownership she can, especially if she owns a used car. In which case it isn’t a gotcha, it’s a case of the publication that issued this gotcha not understanding what they’re writing.
She’s been caught out just wish these people whatever side of any argument admit it.
But she’ll probably be on a platform sometime soon with all the blind sheep lapping her hypocracy.

skybluetony176

If you want to see a hypocrite no one out doo’s old Boris. Telling us all we’ve got to be green and then flew to Cornwall for a photo opp, having previously flown to Hartlepool for a by election appearance. Apparently broken the ministerial code for the latter also.

skybluetony176

She’s been caught out just wish these people whatever side of any argument admit it.
But she’ll probably be on a platform sometime soon with all the blind sheep lapping her hypocracy.
Caught out doing what? Owning a car? Like I’ve just pointed out, if she owns a second hand diesel car and doesn’t live in the middle of a large town or city she probably already owns the greenest car for her own personal circumstances.

Nick

Administrator
Actually I take it back. The biggest twerp is the other green leader Jonathan Bartley - he thinks cars are not green and evil - they are when Jonathan is at the wheel - he once ran someone over and killed them - he’s more dangerous than CO2 if he’s at the wheel!

Nah the Green Party monstrosity in Cov who's dad was a convicted child sex offender was worse.

Ian1779

Perfectly normal to conflate a serial child sex offender with someone protesting against our planet dying.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Big issue with diesels from a climate perspective is the particulates, which affect climate change because they increase the amount of rainfall. Diesels were lauded as a better fuel than petrol for years because they were far more efficient and used less fossil fuels. For years the tax incentives were based on getting people to switch to diesels in terms of fuel tax, road tax etc.Petrol efficiency has since caught up so that argument doesn't hold up hence why in the last few years the attitude towards diesel fuel has changed.

Also have to ask how old is the car she's driving. If it's a slightly older one then she could be considered to be more environmentally friendly because she'd have arguably bought it when it was considered the 'greener' alternative and, up to a point, keeping the older car running will have lower emissions than from building a new car. If it's under 2-3 years old then yes it's a stupid choice to make. If it's over 10 then chances are she would be better getting a newer petrol car in terms of emissions.

Protestors don't tend to be particularly well off so the cost of electric cars is probably beyond their financial means right now. There is still the argument that although the emissions out of the arse of the car are reduced there's still massive emissions for generating and distributing the electricity to power the car. It's not solved the problem, just pushed it further up the chain (although as we move towards more renewable sources this problem is reducing). There's also the environmental issues over mining for the metals needed for the batteries, like lithium.

Everyone will seemingly be a hypocrite somewhere. Dyson and JRM banged on about Brexit for ages then moved their businesses abroad. I want to see an end to homelessness. Do I let homeless people sleep in my house? No. I want to help towards climate change but I still eat meat.

Of course we need to all look at what we can do individually but it's all chicken feed compared to governments and big business and unless they're pressured to do something about it they won't. They'll do whatever is cheapest.

It’sabatch87

Big issue with diesels from a climate perspective is the particulates, which affect climate change because they increase the amount of rainfall. Diesels were lauded as a better fuel than petrol for years because they were far more efficient and used less fossil fuels. For years the tax incentives were based on getting people to switch to diesels in terms of fuel tax, road tax etc.Petrol efficiency has since caught up so that argument doesn't hold up hence why in the last few years the attitude towards diesel fuel has changed.

Also have to ask how old is the car she's driving. If it's a slightly older one then she could be considered to be more environmentally friendly because she'd have arguably bought it when it was considered the 'greener' alternative and, up to a point, keeping the older car running will have lower emissions than from building a new car. If it's under 2-3 years old then yes it's a stupid choice to make. If it's over 10 then chances are she would be better getting a newer petrol car in terms of emissions.

Protestors don't tend to be particularly well off so the cost of electric cars is probably beyond their financial means right now. There is still the argument that although the emissions out of the arse of the car are reduced there's still massive emissions for generating and distributing the electricity to power the car. It's not solved the problem, just pushed it further up the chain (although as we move towards more renewable sources this problem is reducing). There's also the environmental issues over mining for the metals needed for the batteries, like lithium.

Everyone will seemingly be a hypocrite somewhere. Dyson and JRM banged on about Brexit for ages then moved their businesses abroad. I want to see an end to homelessness. Do I let homeless people sleep in my house? No. I want to help towards climate change but I still eat meat.

Of course we need to all look at what we can do individually but it's all chicken feed compared to governments and big business and unless they're pressured to do something about it they won't. They'll do whatever is cheapest.
To all those that replied going on and on,
If a vegetarian/vegan told you not to eat meat and you saw him/her in maccy d’s scoffing a Big Mac would that be ok?

Grendel

Do you think her rather expensive jolly jaunt to Costa Rica suggests :

A she is poor
B she is thinking of the planet
C She is a bit of a hypocrite

If she was changing at Florida she may have even sat next to Green Caroline

Werent you banging on about Johnson taking a flight to Cornwall once?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To all those that replied going on and on,
If a vegetarian/vegan told you not to eat meat and you saw him/her in maccy d’s scoffing a Big Mac would that be ok?

She's not specifically telling people not to drive diesels though is she? She's campaigning to make governments and businesses do more to help the situation, which are a much bigger issue overall.

So it's more like her being in McD's eating fries.

Grendel

She's not specifically telling people not to drive diesels though is she? She's campaigning to make governments and businesses do more to help the situation, which are a much bigger issue overall.

She told people the other week to rinse plates before putting them in the dishwasher didnt she?

It’sabatch87

She was co founder of a group that go on about
Pollution, being greener, spouting her views on people and has the cheek to disrespect her followers to do exactly the opposite of what she’s telling others to do.
It’s comical really, and people on here defend her🤣😆

Grendel

Lol

Dr Bradbrook's 2019 trip to Costa Rica had a carbon footprint of 2.6 tonnes. This is a quarter of the amount that the average Briton emits in a whole year.

She posted on Facebook that her holiday was 'filled with nature and the warm sea' and sightings of exotic wildlife including iguanas and monkeys that 'smash mangoes on the roofs'.

Dr Bradbrook founded Extinction Rebellion with ex-boyfriend Simon Bramwell. She previously said that she began the group after taking 'psychedelic medicines'.

She said she 'prayed in a deep way' while taking the substances on a retreat.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Do you think her rather expensive jolly jaunt to Costa Rica suggests :

A she is poor
B she is thinking of the planet
C She is a bit of a hypocrite

If she was changing at Florida she may have even sat next to Green Caroline

Werent you banging on about Johnson taking a flight to Cornwall once?

I'm not saying she hasn't done stuff that looks to be stupid given what she's campaigning for. It's just not the 'gotcha' moment some people thing it is.

Johnson was because there are alternative to flights to Cornwall and he was going there to talk about climate change. It'd be like turning up for a PETA rally on horseback.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

She was co founder of a group that go on about
Pollution, being greener, spouting her views on people and has the cheek to disrespect her followers to do exactly the opposite of what she’s telling others to do.
It’s comical really, and people on here defend her🤣😆

I'm not defending her. As I pointed out there there could be circumstances that would make the decision to buy the diesel in the first place and to still be running it now appear to be the more environmentally friendly choices given the information at the time.

It may well be that those circumsntaces have nothing to do with her decision and she's a massive hypocrite but this particular instance of driving a diesel isn't irrefutable proof of it.

Grendel

I'm not saying she hasn't done stuff that looks to be stupid given what she's campaigning for. It's just not the 'gotcha' moment some people thing it is.

Johnson was because there are alternative to flights to Cornwall and he was going there to talk about climate change. It'd be like turning up for a PETA rally on horseback.

But said the other week we should all rinse our dishes. How does that reconcile with a 5 Star holiday in Costa Rica?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But said the other week we should all rinse our dishes. How does that reconcile with a 5 Star holiday in Costa Rica?

I thought the argument these days was to not pre-rinse because you waste loads more water?

Users who are viewing this thread