Yeovil Attendance (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't know anyone that would go purely on the basis that it were £5 cheaper, in my experience people are either interested in going or they are not. Sadly most are not.

Exactly, when I ever had a spare ST I could never give them away. It isn't all about the money for everybody. Obviously I would never want anybody to struggle or expect anybody to ever put football before their mortgage but I can't see that being the situation for a large %.

Rusty Trombone

Well the lad I am taking on Saturday can't afford every game so picks and choses he would go to more if he could afford it so yes there are some out there.

Easy to say price doesn't matter if you can afford it, you have to look at others circumstances before judging them!!

Ok, completely respect his position, but sounds like the club will receive all the money he is prepared to pay, just it will be over less games. However if prices were reduced, the club wouldn't get any more money from him, and would lose out on every other ticket bought.

letsallsingtogether

How many at that game were women and children.
I commented that I had not seen that many at a match ever, will they return or were they their as a one off?

I our row and the one in front there were 10 possibly 15 kids about 12 or 13 years old. All were probably there as a one off even first game ever must have been thousands like that around the ground.

Thing is you need to Hype these things up Friday was hyped up in the Media on here, Facebook etc so everyone wanted to be a part of it.

Now we are just playing Yeovil in L1..

Even took my Missis once.
Then get back to work you lazy bastard! Only kidding!

Yes there are some that are struggling at the moment and I'm sure you would go if you could. Looking at the numbers, 23000 (taking the season tickets away) match tickets were sold last week, this week we have sold 1500. So 93.5% of Coventry fans are unemployed and cant afford to buy a ticket?

skybluetony176

Well the lad I am taking on Saturday can't afford every game so picks and choses he would go to more if he could afford it so yes there are some out there.

Easy to say price doesn't matter if you can afford it, you have to look at others circumstances before judging them!!

I think we all know people like that. 2 of the lads I went with last week for starters (both on apprentice wages) and to some extent myself. Although cost isn't the primary reason if it was cheaper I might be more willing to put football spectating before my other sport spectating hobby on a more regular basis.

Good luck with the job hunting LAST.

SkyBlueMatt

I've been there myself, when I was a student, when I couldn't find a full time job for a good part of a year after being a student heh.

At the end of the day, when it was all going on it gave people something to be angry at together. Now that we are finally back people just aren't interested.

cov4theprem

Exactly!! People were going on about their kids never being able to see us playing, relatives who are quite old never seeing us play again in Coventry, people who were thinking of trying to take sisu to court for damages on their emotions etc. A couple of the most outraged posters seem to have stopped posting since we moved back.

For some I think it was just something to be angry about, something to be part of.

You have one guy on here saying he won't go back for a while because the football wasn't that good.

To be honest if it was 4-0 i still probably wouldn't go on Saturday. I am followed cov for 30 odd years but it is not my life, I have family and live wrong side of Derby, that is why 6 games a year is fine for me. I would love to see the place rocking again.

letsallsingtogether

And some on here would call you a and wagoner because they are better supporters and people then the rest of us:mad:

I have been to 3 games this season and Friday night was by far the best we played but it wasn't brilliant .

Far to many poor teams playing poor football in this league that is what is killing the support.

But I forgot it is only the People of Coventry that are like this??

Every other city/Town are more passionate and attend every week, just look at those full houses every where bar Coventry.......

To be honest if it was 4-0 i still probably wouldn't go on Saturday. I am followed cov for 30 odd years but it is not my life, I have family and live wrong side of Derby, that is why 6 games a year is fine for me. I would love to see the place rocking again.

Kingokings204

And some on here would call you a and wagoner because they are better supporters and people then the rest of us:mad:

I have been to 3 games this season and Friday night was by far the best we played but it wasn't brilliant .

Far to many poor teams playing poor football in this league that is what is killing the support.

But I forgot it is only the People of Coventry that are like this??

Every other city/Town are more passionate and attend every week, just look at those full houses every where bar Coventry.......

Poor standard of football and ever increasing ticket prices and not everyone can keep up. We have been in exile for 15 months and people won't come back every week just like that.

Trust needs to be brought back. Some People need a reason to go. Success or ticket prices. A £22-24 match against yeovil town doesn't get people's juices flowing and that's understandable IMO. The fan who can come 7 games a season won't pick this one.

And for the posters who say about moaning when we were in Northampton and now we are back we won't go well sorry it was purely morally we shouldn't be there. I never heard anyone say they will go to every match should we come home. Coventry should play in Coventry so just because Saturday may only get 10k fans turn up then it comes across like you were justifying Northampon which I just don't get. 10k is a poor turnout but it's 8k more than sixfields would get.

Rusty Trombone

Poor standard of football and ever increasing ticket prices and not everyone can keep up. We have been in exile for 15 months and people won't come back every week just like that.

Trust needs to be brought back. Some People need a reason to go. Success or ticket prices. A £22-24 match against yeovil town doesn't get people's juices flowing and that's understandable IMO. The fan who can come 7 games a season won't pick this one.

And for the posters who say about moaning when we were in Northampton and now we are back we won't go well sorry it was purely morally we shouldn't be there. I never heard anyone say they will go to every match should we come home. Coventry should play in Coventry so just because Saturday may only get 10k fans turn up then it comes across like you were justifying Northampon which I just don't get. 10k is a poor turnout but it's 8k more than sixfields would get.

I didn't think the standard of football was poor. The prices are the same as two years ago, hardly 'ever increasing'. You can get a ticket for £18 and then pretty much sit where you want.

If someone doesn't want to go that's their prerogative, but some people seem to want to blame the price, when really they just can't be bothered.

Gazolba

Can't be bothered to pay the price. There are many things competing for a consumer's money and football is just one of them - and probably one of the least important.

Kingokings204

I didn't think the standard of football was poor. The prices are the same as two years ago, hardly 'ever increasing'. You can get a ticket for £18 and then pretty much sit where you want.

If someone doesn't want to go that's their prerogative, but some people seem to want to blame the price, when really they just can't be bothered.

Well possibly but that's not me I have got my two tickets for yeovil and paid £22 each for block 18. I don't want to sit with the young kids and parents. It's not my scene but I think £18 represents value but £22 doesn't. Just my opinion. And as for this walk up of £2 please just scrap it jeez we want fans to come along don't we?

Rusty Trombone

Can't be bothered to pay the price. There are many things competing for a consumer's money and football is just one of them - and probably one of the least important.

That's right, so should the club reduce prices drastically in an attempt to entice those people who view football as the least important thing in their life? I don't think they should, instead they should market the club more to try and move watching the football up the priority list.

Rusty Trombone

Well possibly but that's not me I have got my two tickets for yeovil and paid £22 each for block 18. I don't want to sit with the young kids and parents. It's not my scene but I think £18 represents value but £22 doesn't. Just my opinion. And as for this walk up of £2 please just scrap it jeez we want fans to come along don't we?

I would agree about scrapping the walk up fee, although the £2 shouldn't be a deal breaker, I think it's enough to put people off if they are looking for an excuse not to go. Also at the moment there's too many problems with getting tickets either online or with long queues in the shop.

My point about buying a ticket for £18 is that if the higher price is putting some people off then they can buy a cheaper one and then walk around the ground and sit in a seat somewhere else, there's enough empty ones.

SkyBlueMatt

Good to hear your going on Saturday, but I think that is utter rubbish that a £4 saving would make the slight bit of difference. That wouldn't even cover the cost of a single beer at the Ricoh. If people really thought that way, why not just have one less drink or have a bite to eat before / after the game or buy last years top instead of this years or don't buy a program or buy some rolling tobacco instead of straights.

Its just an excuse, the real reason is simply they don't want to go. But hey, its Arsenal vs Man City on a lunchtime and that will be a much better game to watch!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would agree about scrapping the walk up fee, although the £2 shouldn't be a deal breaker, I think it's enough to put people off if they are looking for an excuse not to go. Also at the moment there's too many problems with getting tickets either online or with long queues in the shop.

My point about buying a ticket for £18 is that if the higher price is putting some people off then they can buy a cheaper one and then walk around the ground and sit in a seat somewhere else, there's enough empty ones.

It would seem sensible what you say about buying a ticket for £18 and sitting elsewhere but the thing is that people are lazy, like you say if they are looking for an excuse it is enough to put people off. It also seems as if there was some confusion about whether or not you needed an U16 with you or not, people who are on the fence aren't going to bother to find out and may just assume you can't buy a ticket there. It's about getting the casual fans to go regularly and people see £24 and £27 for a ticket and it puts people off without them even realising or bothering to find out that they can save £5-£9 by putting in a little effort in advance on there side.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good to hear your going on Saturday, but I think that is utter rubbish that a £4 saving would make the slight bit of difference. That wouldn't even cover the cost of a single beer at the Ricoh. If people really thought that way, why not just have one less drink or have a bite to eat before / after the game or buy last years top instead of this years or don't buy a program or buy some rolling tobacco instead of straights.

Its just an excuse, the real reason is simply they don't want to go. But hey, its Arsenal vs Man City on a lunchtime and that will be a much better game to watch!

It's about enticing those sort of fans to go, sure the committed will pay it but the committed are only about 10k a week.

swisstony

There is an element of truth in what you say Matt but budget wise I think this move back caught a lot of people out .
I am going to find the money for the yeovil game because after a season of suffering my kids deserve to go.
The quicker they sort the monthly payment season ticket out then people will sign up.
I'm not going down the credit card route that somebody suggested as I'd miss a payment and life wouldn't be worth living !!!!!!!

Astute

Exactly, when I ever had a spare ST I could never give them away. It isn't all about the money for everybody. Obviously I would never want anybody to struggle or expect anybody to ever put football before their mortgage but I can't see that being the situation for a large %.

It is said that if mortgage rates go up by only 1.5% that nearly 20% of mortgage holders will struggle. And this is in the days of historically low interest rates. Things are not good for a lot of people. But a lot of people that are doing OK don't see it. I am doing OK myself. No loans, credit card paid off each month and mortgage free......although the wife keeps looking for her dream home :mad: But I also know of people on low wages that used to have decent pay. The average wage in this country is going down whilst inflation is going up. Things are getting worse. The biggest employer in this country is the government and local councils, and they are getting rid of jobs all over. I would bet that there are many on here that have been affected in this way. And when they get a job it will be on much lower pay than before for the vast majority.

skybluelee

I just can't get over the hassle it is just to get a bloody ticket. I renewed our season tickets last week and it took me over 2 hours to do it. People were queuing for hours, so although obviously there are no queues now, people are still reporting issues with the telephone, website and not enough staff serving. I am pissed off we will struggle to get over 10k there, it should be nearer 20k, but the marketing is a complete joke and the lack of a professional approach is disappointing. End of rant, get your tickets, enjoy a Saturday afternoon at the match. PUSB

Took me 90 seconds to get my Yeovil ticket online.

skybluelee

Be honest - would you be going if the price was £4 cheaper? Be honest!

Astute

Be honest - would you be going if the price was £4 cheaper? Be honest!

Why don't Sheff Utd charge the same price as us then? If it wouldn't make any difference from what they charge it would bring in nearly 100k extra per game.

Grendel

Why don't Sheff Utd charge the same price as us then? If it wouldn't make any difference from what they charge it would bring in nearly 100k extra per game.

Sheff utd do their cheapest ticket is the same as ours, they have a two pound walk up fee, they charge if you book on line and their central seats are £22.

theferret

Sheff utd do their cheapest ticket is the same as ours, they have a two pound walk up fee, they charge if you book on line and their central seats are £22.

No they are not. The charge £18 on the kop. We charge £22 for equivalent seats. To pay £18 at the Ricoh, you have to have an under 16 with you. Not everyone has kids, do they?

Grendel

No they are not. The charge £18 on the kop. We charge £22 for equivalent seats. To pay £18 at the Ricoh, you have to have an under 16 with you. Not everyone has kids, do they?

It was established yesterday you don't need kids for the family stand.

Kingokings204

Yes I found out yesterday Ferret you can buy adults together in the Family stand.

Whether or not you want to sit with kids and parents is another question?

I personally bought my two tickets for Yeovil in block 18 and just paid the extra £4 a ticket.

theferret

Yes I found out yesterday Ferret you can buy adults together in the Family stand.

Whether or not you want to sit with kids and parents is another question?

I personally bought my two tickets for Yeovil in block 18 and just paid the extra £4 a ticket.

Fair enough. Just find all these people trying to argue that prices don't affect attendances tiresome - most of whom were moaning last week that people were only queuing in their thousands because of cheap tickets.

None of us are saying it makes a massive difference, but for some it does. We, like all other clubs, have casual supporters. On Saturday morning, thousands will wake up and at the back of their mind will be thinking about the game. Will £24 tickets entice them? I suspect it will be off-putting to some. I think that is a reasonable point and yet there are people droning on about £16 tickets in the conference as though it has some sort of relevance.

Astute

You can get in for a tenner at some games. At other games they do lots of tickets at £18. Our £18 tickets are limited to the family stand. And games at Sheff Utd are the cheapest in our division yet again this season. This is from a FL survey http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/20130912-blades-cheapest-again-1047988.aspx

From what some are saying on here it must be a massive coincidence that the cheapest day at the football has attendances massively difference to the rest of the clubs although they have two football clubs to choose from in their city.

Last edited:

stupot07

On the flipside is it easier for sheffield united to throw out offers as their support is pretty stable (averaging c18k for all 4 seasons they have been in this league), where as as ours is very up and down, therefore having to maximise income from those that do go? How many ST's have sheff Utd got?

What are their ST'a like?

Just had a look at their website - 12.5k ST's sold before the end of June 2014. More ST holders than our entire average attendance in 2012/13. So with that amount of cash in up from they can afford to be more flexible with their matchday tickets. Their ST's look a bit more expensive than ours too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

torchomatic

I'm surprised about Sheffield United. That was the most expensive away game last season for us with regard to ticket cost.

Bradford only charge £199 for a season ticket. They sell lots. £20 a ticket though.

You might find this of interest http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23880129 You can go to a game at Sheff Utd for less than all but two Conference teams.

Grendel

Bradford only charge £199 for a season ticket. They sell lots. £20 a ticket though.

You might find this of interest http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23880129 You can go to a game at Sheff Utd for less than all but two Conference teams.

Can you please explain why Sheffield United have double our season ticket holders in our last full season at the Ricoh yet their prices are more expensive?

If we get 10,000 fans on Saturday as many will be paying customers as go to Sheffield. So actually they don't attract more fans paying their matchday prices.

Evans1883

Can you please explain why Sheffield United have double our season ticket holders in our last full season at the Ricoh yet their prices are more expensive?

If we get 10,000 fans on Saturday as many will be paying customers as go to Sheffield. So actually they don't attract more fans paying their matchday prices.
Sheffield united have had alot more recent success than coventry , there is alot of expectation at the club the get out of league 1 , our fans dont know what to expect season to season

Astute

If their tickets are more expensive how are they the cheapest club to go and watch?

They have ticket banding. We are seen as one of their top games of the season. Their lowest banding is for the games that wouldn't bring in the support like the other games. They charge a tenner for these games. Yet we are the same price whoever we play.

Or are the FL wrong about them being the cheapest for the second year running?

Kingokings204

Sheffield united have had alot more recent success than coventry , there is alot of expectation at the club the get out of league 1 , our fans dont know what to expect season to season

That is a great point that some miss. Sheffield have been in the premier league a lot more recent than us and have had more success in the last 10 years than us. They also have a new owner and investing a good amount in the squad.

Now tell me with out 4,000 ST holders if by the start of next season we had new owners and the new owners had invested a few million on some top players that we wouldn't get 10k or more ST holders? We would smash it and probably smash this absolute shit league.

Grendel

If their tickets are more expensive how are they the cheapest club to go and watch?

They have ticket banding. We are seen as one of their top games of the season. Their lowest banding is for the games that wouldn't bring in the support like the other games. They charge a tenner for these games. Yet we are the same price whoever we play.

Or are the FL wrong about them being the cheapest for the second year running?

Are their season tickets cheaper or not? Yes or no?

Users who are viewing this thread