Yeovil Attendance (2 Viewers)

Evans1883

That is a great point that some miss. Sheffield have been in the premier league a lot more recent than us and have had more success in the last 10 years than us. They also have a new owner and investing a good amount in the squad.

Now tell me with out 4,000 ST holders if by the start of next season we had new owners and the new owners had invested a few million on some top players that we wouldn't get 10k or more ST holders? We would smash it and probably smash this absolute shit league.
If people honestly think sheffield united would get 18k a week if they had the amount of crap we had to deal woth over the last 15 years , i would say they are insane

Astute

Are their season tickets cheaper or not? Yes or no?

Who has said our season tickets need to be reduced in price?

It is the walk up supporters we need to get back. A lot need to be tempted after all the shit SISU have put them through. Is it cheaper tickets? A winning side? Both?

Or shall we just leave things as they are and expect people to just come back? Do nothing about getting the attendances back up to the pre SISU days. Even get them back to 75% of what they were.

Kingokings204

If people honestly think sheffield united would get 18k a week if they had the amount of crap we had to deal woth over the last 15 years , i would say they are insane

Over the last 3 years would do it. Sheffield United will challenge this year and after having new owners who Astute has gone to length to show how much readily their tickets are available and cheaper overall fans will turn up. They are a 2 team city as well and most likely the less of the two sheffields.

I maintain if we got new owners who slightly reduced tickets to an even £20 or £19.50 a match ticket with no walk up charge and made season tickets around £14-15 a game and bought in well known very good league 1 players (investment) ST would go through the roof into double figures and match SU. I have no doubts about that.

stupot07

Over the last 3 years would do it. Sheffield United will challenge this year and after having new owners who Astute has gone to length to show how much readily their tickets are available and cheaper overall fans will turn up. They are a 2 team city as well and most likely the less of the two sheffields.

I maintain if we got new owners who slightly reduced tickets to an even £20 or £19.50 a match ticket with no walk up charge and made season tickets around £14-15 a game and bought in well known very good league 1 players (investment) ST would go through the roof into double figures and match SU. I have no doubts about that.

If, if, if, if, if........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Talking of Sheff united

Their adult season tickets work out at £16.52 cheapest and£21.30 for the most expensive compared with ours £12.63 and £17.90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

AndreasB

Its all about season tickets - we all know that. We have 4000 now but only had 6000 2 seasons ago at the Ricoh when we had earlybird offers and the option of pay by installments. This has been on a slow decline for 12 years in line with the clubs fortunes.
Without 10,000 season ticket holders the fickle nature of the rest of the support is shown in our wildly fluctuating attendances.

Blame the club, blame the prices, blame the economy but ultimately the people of Coventry have more or less given up on a season long commitment to support their club.

Grendel

Who has said our season tickets need to be reduced in price?

It is the walk up supporters we need to get back. A lot need to be tempted after all the shit SISU have put them through. Is it cheaper tickets? A winning side? Both?

Or shall we just leave things as they are and expect people to just come back? Do nothing about getting the attendances back up to the pre SISU days. Even get them back to 75% of what they were.

We have more walk ups then them that's my point!

ohitsaidwalker king power

We have more walk ups then them that's my point!

Define your interpretation of "Walk up" G please?... Is it someone who decides on the day that they will go to the match, that is broadly my understanding although happy to discuss?
Where is your data to support that 'Walk ups'(definition as above assumed are greater than those that have; 1- a season ticket or 2-have purchased a ticket in advance?

Ashdown

Its all about season tickets - we all know that. We have 4000 now but only had 6000 2 seasons ago at the Ricoh when we had earlybird offers and the option of pay by installments. This has been on a slow decline for 12 years in line with the clubs fortunes.
Without 10,000 season ticket holders the fickle nature of the rest of the support is shown in our wildly fluctuating attendances.

Blame the club, blame the prices, blame the economy but ultimately the people of Coventry have more or less given up on a season long commitment to support their club.

We had one of the lowest number of ST holders in Division 1 when we'd been at the top level for years. Sadly the CCFC support seems to come in waves of bandwagon down to pitiful, it always has though but then 1964-67 and 1987 apart the fans have had very little to get excited about.

Grendel

Define your interpretation of "Walk up" G please?... Is it someone who decides on the day that they will go to the match, that is broadly my understanding although happy to discuss?
Where is your data to support that 'Walk ups'(definition as above assumed are greater than those that have; 1- a season ticket or 2-have purchased a ticket in advance?

The argument put forward is that Sheffield have higher crowds as prices are cheaper.

They have 12,500 season tickets so they have around 5 - 6,000 paying supporters. If you look at our much lower season ticket base our cash purchasers are very similar and in fact if we get 10,000 against Yeovil definately higher.

Low pricing has not made their paying customer base a more attractive proposition has it?

letsallsingtogether

Yes but do less go because it is cheaper that is the Real Question here?

The argument put forward is that Sheffield have higher crowds as prices are cheaper.

They have 12,500 season tickets so they have around 5 - 6,000 paying supporters. If you look at our much lower season ticket base our cash purchasers are very similar and in fact if we get 10,000 against Yeovil definately higher.

Low pricing has not made their paying customer base a more attractive proposition has it?

ohitsaidwalker king power

As I thought 'Walk up' means a different thing to you than I....your argument is based on tickets purchased outside of season tickets sales.. mine wouldn't be..match day sales with the £2 levy to my mind are walk ups... and so the point about additional costs is a factor?

letsallsingtogether

They are expecting about 8,000 walk up on Saturday, if the steward at the shop is to be believed...

Sold 500 tickets today say 500 tomorrow 7000 in all expecting 15,000 at the game.

As I thought 'Walk up' means a different thing to you than I....your argument is based on tickets purchased outside of season tickets sales.. mine wouldn't be..match day sales with the £2 levy to my mind are walk ups... and so the point about additional costs is a factor?

lordsummerisle

They are expecting about 8,000 walk up on Saturday, if the steward at the shop is to be believed...

Sold 500 tickets today say 500 tomorrow 7000 in all expecting 15,000 at the game.

To be fair, the unseasonably good weather, if it holds, will add to any walk up I'd have thought.

Though anybody in the CET stand won't see fuck all in the second half!

Astute

To be fair, the unseasonably good weather, if it holds, will add to any walk up I'd have thought.

Is it free beer in the CET?

Evans1883

The walk up they are expecting in my opinion is not going to happen , i think there will be some dissapointed people at ccfc saturday evening , mind you the admin has been pretty woefull in terms of ticket sales and queues , so it wont be at all suprising

will am i

I've ordered a season ticket and separate match ticket with no delay whatsoever this week online for collection.
im trying to buy 4 season tickets (one disabled so need to speak to someone) cant get through on the phone and only open when im at work. They could at least open a bit later one night of the week - or answer the phone of course.

Nathccfc

I would love to make it this weekend but work prevents me this time. Next one I think I can make. I don't mind paying the price :)

letsallsingtogether

I used to get walk up tickets now and again for one season they have 2 turnstiles open you don't get a choice of seat, it isn't nice to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread