Yeovil Attendance (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

So you need a under 16 to get in for £18 so actually cheapest is £22. So really it's 22-27 and that's not to suit my argument.

Question.

Why do the club put on £2 for walk ups? Makes no sense to me.

to make people get tickets in advance? rush the customer in to a buy?

all it does really is discourage walkups

IF YOU ARE READING THIS CCFC PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER CHANGE FOR THE BETTER

Kingokings204

to make people get tickets in advance? rush the customer in to a buy?

all it does really is discourage walkups

IF YOU ARE READING THIS CCFC PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER CHANGE FOR THE BETTER

All it really does it as you say is discourage walk ups. I could of bought a ticket 20 hours before for £2 less. Seems to be nonsensical to me.

duffer

Expensive is always to some degree in the eye of the beholder - but paying over £20 for a L1 football game is too much for me personally. That's a level at which I have to pick and choose the games I'm going to go to.

At say £15, which feels like about the right price for L1 (again for me), it's a no-brainer and I'll go to a lot more games at that price just 'on spec'.

When the kids have grown up and my time's my own again, I'll have an ST which from memory is good value - but at the moment I can't get enough games in to warrant the expense.

The walk-up fee was either to discourage walk-ups and avoid queues, or to milk people who didn't have enough time/weren't organised enough to sort tickets before the day, depending on how cynical you are! With where we are now, this seems pointless to me too...

SkyBlue_Bear83

Scrap the increase on the day.

Personally I wouldn't have a standard/premium zone, the view is good from all around the Ricoh. Family zone is a good idea

Family zone £16 for a ticket, no rise on match day, everywhere else £18 with no rise on match day. The concession/junior/JSB prices also all need reducing by £2/3 and freezing on matchday also

Would still mean ST holders wouldn't moan as the most expensive ST would work out £15 a game.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Expensive is always to some degree in the eye of the beholder - but paying over £20 for a L1 football game is too much for me personally. That's a level at which I have to pick and choose the games I'm going to go to.

At say £15, which feels like about the right price for L1 (again for me), it's a no-brainer and I'll go to a lot more games at that price just 'on spec'.

When the kids have grown up and my time's my own again, I'll have an ST which from memory is good value - but at the moment I can't get enough games in to warrant the expense.

The walk-up fee was either to discourage walk-ups and avoid queues, or to milk people who didn't have enough time/weren't organised enough to sort tickets before the day, depending on how cynical you are! With where we are now, this seems pointless to me too...

Completely agree duffer, but perhaps if I may from a slightly different angle, being fortunate enough to take my son to games as a season ticket holder.
The "walk up " charge feels almost like a stealth tax on those who aren't able to plan their weekends/day(s) due to circumstances X,Y,Z often beyond their control. As a season ticket holder (Seats TBC for this year)- the benefit of having a ST isn't just cost/game reduction alone, the 'package' around it, perhaps the softer aspects outside of the monetary gain shouldn't be underestimated: A known seat, a known "neighbour", no stress re ticket collection for games, priority allocation on cup games and away fixtures etc etc... to some these might seem trivial "benefits", but not in my experience. And so based on your cost analysis, but from a slightly different perspective, I would welcome the fiscal structure you propose.

ccfc_Tom

Season ticket bought, can't wait. Shame they closed the south stand was good atmosphere for gillingham game being by singers and the away fans

duffer

Completely agree duffer, but perhaps if I may from a slightly different angle, being fortunate enough to take my son to games as a season ticket holder.
The "walk up " charge feels almost like a stealth tax on those who aren't able to plan their weekends/day(s) due to circumstances X,Y,Z often beyond their control. As a season ticket holder (Seats TBC for this year)- the benefit of having a ST isn't just cost/game reduction alone, the 'package' around it, perhaps the softer aspects outside of the monetary gain shouldn't be underestimated: A known seat, a known "neighbour", no stress re ticket collection for games, priority allocation on cup games and away fixtures etc etc... to some these might seem trivial "benefits", but not in my experience. And so based on your cost analysis, but from a slightly different perspective, I would welcome the fiscal structure you propose.

Couldn't agree more. I loved having a season ticket for all of the reasons you mention there. And personally, I think the walk-up charge is a rip off for exactly the reasons you state - I can't get out to get a ticket during the working week, and I like to get my ticket next to whoever's coming with me, which often isn't certain until the day.

I don't mean to whine - plenty of people are perfectly happy with how things work, but personally I'm at the point where the club have to do a little more for me to part with my money these days. I'm obviously getting tighter as I get older. Turn that light off! ;)

lordsummerisle

Couldn't agree more. I loved having a season ticket for all of the reasons you mention there. And personally, I think the walk-up charge is a rip off for exactly the reasons you state - I can't get out to get a ticket during the working week, and I like to get my ticket next to whoever's coming with me, which often isn't certain until the day.

I don't mean to whine - plenty of people are perfectly happy with how things work, but personally I'm at the point where the club have to do a little more for me to part with my money these days. I'm obviously getting tighter as I get older. Turn that light off! ;)

The two pounds extra on the day has always been a load of bollocks, but apart from that think that ticket prices overall for us not too bad in this league.

Pretty much the only revenue the club gets in this league really is ticket prices, a little on merchandise, a little on sponsorship, tiny bit from TV.

We all want decent players(who will want decent wages, or command a fee), but we don't want to pay for them ourselves unfortunately.

duffer

The two pounds extra on the day has always been a load of bollocks, but apart from that think that ticket prices overall for us not too bad in this league.

Pretty much the only revenue the club gets in this league really is ticket prices, a little on merchandise, a little on sponsorship, tiny bit from TV.

We all want decent players(who will want decent wages, or command a fee), but we don't want to pay for them ourselves unfortunately.

An absolutely fair point, but I think the question of whether £24/£26 represents value to watch a game of football in L1 is a matter of opinion. To you it does, but to me it doesn't.

Entirely respect your point of view on this, but I think we'd have to accept that if we want more people in the ground then one of the things that needs considering is the ticket price.

theferret

I see your point. Ultimately, the club survives on ticket revenues. However, I also think that there is value to be added by trying to maximise gates (not least that it might actually help the team - and that ultimately builds revenues), so you have to strike a balance. The club need to get creative - perhaps reintroduce a category system like they have at Sheffield United - it gives a little more flexibility on pricing. The flip side of that, is to have flat pricing like they do at Bradford City - which is £20 everywhere for adults. They should also ditch the match day surcharge - no idea why they have brought that back.

I think we may dip to sub-10K gates pretty soon. Not looking forward to that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Our season tickets are good value, single match tickets are too high.

theferret

Our season tickets are good value, single match tickets are too high.

Yep, exactly that. The difference between our ST and match day prices is huge.

So people should buy STs then? Well, quite, but let's not forget, we haven't had a whole summer of ST sales, there is no installment plan in place - so it is understandable that this might be beyond the reach of many. Given that, for this season at least, you'd have thought they'd have kept a lid on match day prices a bit. They may have frozen prices from 2 season's ago, but have also ditched the 'Tuesday night football' promotion (not that we have many midweek games) and have reintroduced a £2 surcharge on matchdays. A bit of a pity really, but hey, it is what it is and I'll still pay it.

skybluelee

Iron shed rates , i said 18 pound was reasonable , not a fiver

Even though that's cheaper than pretty much every other club's cheapest adult price in this league? I simply don't get your logic.

If you think there would be a huge surge in attendance numbers if we reduced prices by £4 then you would be seriously disappointed. Only success will bring out the' fair weathers', of which I am not one btw, I spend an absolute fortune following the club from Dorset. And believe me if we are in the top 2 come March you would be able to sell the stadium out at £27 easily.

skybluelee

So you need a under 16 to get in for £18 so actually cheapest is £22. So really it's 22-27 and that's not to suit my argument.

Question.

Why do the club put on £2 for walk ups? Makes no sense to me.

To encourage fans to buy earlier to avoid massive queues presumably. Like most clubs do in this league. I don't really have a view on the matchday increase tbf and anybody that has an issue with it can easily avoid it by buying before. It's not rocket science.

I just don't understand why people think we should charge less than everybody else in this league. If everybody else charged £15 then I would agree ours are too high.

Kingokings204

To encourage fans to buy earlier to avoid massive queues presumably. Like most clubs do in this league. I don't really have a view on the matchday increase tbf and anybody that has an issue with it can easily avoid it by buying before. It's not rocket science.

I just don't understand why people think we should charge less than everybody else in this league. If everybody else charged £15 then I would agree ours are too high.

That's the problem a lot of posters like me don't know what their plans are til a Saturday. That's not bad planning that's life. I would love to buy tickets in advance but mates let you down and work gets in the way or you find some extra money to pay for your ticket? Lots of variables. You seem to be punished for going on the day. Not a massive fan of this.

skybluelee

That's the problem a lot of posters like me don't know what their plans are til a Saturday. That's not bad planning that's life. I would love to buy tickets in advance but mates let you down and work gets in the way or you find some extra money to pay for your ticket? Lots of variables. You seem to be punished for going on the day. Not a massive fan of this.

Like I said, I don't really have a view on walk up prices. My view is that our prices generally are perfectly reasonable. It costs £11 to watch my local team play in the 7th tier of English football. Its little better than pub football. Why on earth should we charge £15/£18-odd when there is no evidence of it having anything other then very marginal impact on our attendances?

Kingokings204

Like I said, I don't really have a view on walk up prices. My view is that our prices generally are perfectly reasonable. It costs £11 to watch my local team play in the 7th tier of English football. Its little better than pub football. Why on earth should we charge £15/£18-odd when there is no evidence of it having anything other then very marginal impact on our attendances?

But as other posters have pointed out if you go to Leicester games some are the price for a premier league matches? My view is this doesn't make any sense when it's 15 miles up the road.

skybluelee

But as other posters have pointed out if you go to Leicester games some are the price for a premier league matches? My view is this doesn't make any sense when it's 15 miles up the road.

'Some' are £19-£26. Many others are £30-£50.

'Some' of ours are £10 (as Waggot said the club will look at future discount offers). Others are £18-£24.

Perfectly in line for clubs 2 leagues apart.

We just have a huge number of non-passionate fans that use a few quid on a match ticket as an excuse for not attending even though they wouldn't attend even if prices were cheaper.

skybluelee

So are you saying Coventry fans will go and watch Leicester because we charge a £2 walk up fee? If you're not then your point is irrelevant.

theferret

Well, the predicted gate for Saturday is now only 9000 based on current sales. If you are happy with that then fine, but personally I think the club have missed a trick here. £22-£27 (you can't count JSB, because not everyone has kids, and £22 increases to £24 on the day obviously), may be reasonable to you, but it is actually amongst the most expensive in the league - only a handful of clubs charge more. Given our recent history, does our club really have the right to charge amongst the highest prices in the league? Circumstances have dictated that this season we have just about the lowest number of season ticket holders for a generation (excluding last season obviously), so unless we want to avoid some really embarrassing home gates, we have to have a matchday pricing structure that strikes a balance and that is fair and which encourages people to go.

letsallsingtogether

Not one club in this league sells out Why???

You can charge what people are prepared to pay in this division there are many who won't pay over 20 quid every week. to watch a poor standard of football

QUOTE=skybluelee;771959]'Some' are £19-£26. Many others are £30-£50.

'Some' of ours are £10 (as Waggot said the club will look at future discount offers). Others are £18-£24.

Perfectly in line for clubs 2 leagues apart.

We just have a huge number of non-passionate fans that use a few quid on a match ticket as an excuse for not attending even though they wouldn't attend even if prices were cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Kingokings204

So are you saying Coventry fans will go and watch Leicester because we charge a £2 walk up fee? If you're not then your point is irrelevant.

Excuse me but you're the one who mentioned 7th tier football for £11 not me. I took your point on board and came back with my own about Leicester. I am still going Saturday and other matches please don't get me wrong but I agree 100% with the ferret. If he is right and it's predicted 9-10k fans for Saturday then is this ok? Yes sure it's 8,000 more than sixfields but it's not acceptable in my eyes. We have a 32k stadium so let's use it. I don't want us to be the cheapest in the league but if we one of the cheaper instead of one of the most expensive then we could still more tickets however I do take your point that people going will pay £15 or £25.

Our cheapest ticket is £22 bought in advance and this is decent but seems to be the wrong side of £20 for me. Coventry is not one of the more well off places in the country so I just think the club could offer more. It seems they have been rushing certain decisions and this was one of them. Looks at the stands opening and closing it shows decisions were rushed and not all of them were correct.

skybluelee

Well, the predicted gate for Saturday is now only 9000 based on current sales. If you are happy with that then fine, but personally I think the club have missed a trick here. £22-£27 (you can't count JSB, because not everyone has kids, and £22 increases to £24 on the day obviously), may be reasonable to you, but it is actually amongst the most expensive in the league - only a handful of clubs charge more. Given our recent history, does our club really have the right to charge amongst the highest prices in the league? Circumstances have dictated that this season we have just about the lowest number of season ticket holders for a generation (excluding last season obviously), so unless we want to avoid some really embarrassing home gates, we have to have a matchday pricing structure that strikes a balance and that is fair and which encourages people to go.

Those who thought our attendance would be 20K (of which there were many) were clearly deluded. I predicted 12K which I still think will be there or thereabouts. It is so much less about pricing and so much more about a large chunk of our fans that don't really give a shit unless its a big occasion (Gillingham, Crewe, Chelsea).

All this nopm nonsense and now we're back and people won't go to the 2nd game because the tickets are £3 too much? Its laughable.

You think there would be an extra 10K fans there on Saturday if our prices were £15-£18 then? Seriously?

Kingokings204

Those who thought our attendance would be 20K (of which there were many) were clearly deluded. I predicted 12K which I still think will be there or thereabouts. It is so much less about pricing and so much more about a large chunk of our fans that don't really give a shit unless its a big occasion (Gillingham, Crewe, Chelsea).

All this nopm nonsense and now we're back and people won't go to the 2nd game because the tickets are £3 too much? Its laughable.

You think there would be an extra 10K fans there on Saturday if our prices were £15-£18 then? Seriously?

Ironically you say more fans won't go even if it's cheaper and the three games you quote "gillingham, crewe and Chelsea" were all games with reduced ticket prices?

Crewe was £5, gillingham was £10 and Chelsea was £20. Very ironic these were all sell outs with a cheaper ticket price. I'm not saying yeovil would be a sell out but charge £10 for yeovil would more go? Bet your house on it they would.

4 tickets at £22-24 is £88-96 and 4 tickets at £10 is £40. Simple really.

stupot07

Chelsea wasn't cheaper. All 3 games were 'big' occasions, many have said we would have sold 32k for the Crewe game at full price

How many were at the burton, sheff united, PNE, arlesley and Morecombe games all vastly reduced games £5-10 per game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Kingokings204

Chelsea wasn't cheaper. All 3 games were 'big' occasions, many have said we would have sold 32k for the Crewe game at full price

How many were at the burton, sheff united, PNE, arlesley and Morecombe games all vastly reduced games £5-10 per game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Again missing the point. Chelsea for your information was cheaper it was £20 flat fee per ticket instead of the £22-24 normal price.

You quote the games such as burton and arseley making the point that it wasn't a sell out with being only £5-10 ticket. I think that's your point. But how many would of gone if tickets were the standard £22-24 for those games?

Yes I agree the crewe,gillingham Chelsea were all big occasions but if crewe was full price then would people have sold it out? Not so sure. £5 or £22-24 is a big jump. Sisu agree with me hence why they reduced it to £5 else they wouldn't bother and charge £22-24 and make more money.

shmmeee

So funny so watch people switch arguments depending on what suits them. Talk about big crowds and it's "only because it's cheap" talk about lowering ticket prices and it's "prices make no difference".

H

Huckerby

Mate...think you might be being a little harsh there. Not really that fans don't give a shit is it? Obviously Gillingham was a huge game which people wanted to go to. Its inevitable that some people might have shifted plans to the next weekend or even just moved heaven and earth to make the Gillingham game and not able to do that for Yeovil no?

I sacked a couple of plans of last weekend, but can't do it this weekend. Obviously frustrating but don't think because fans can't give up every saturday of their lives means they don't give a shit

Evans1883

well considering in our relegation season from the championship we were getting an average of 15000 , why is it wild to suggest that we can pull in the same average in a promotion pushing season in league 1

Evans1883

Why do our own fans always mock our fanbase , act like we are poorly supported considering the bilge served up at city in the last 15 years we managed these averages
2013 10.997
2012 15.119
2011 16.310
2010 17.305
2009 17.408
2008 19.123
2007 20.342
2006 21.180

to me that shows we have a seriously fed up fanbase , they need to come back, to suggest we have a terrible big match seeking fanbase is astonishing really , no top 6 finish for 40 odd years , dropping faster than the titanic over recent years .
we have been well supported all things considered

cov4theprem

I attend half a dozen games a season. I would have happily paid £22 for my ticket v Gillingham, but would not attend the Yeovil game for £10 as I don't want to go every week.

I think the std pricing is very fair.

Users who are viewing this thread