Yeovil Attendance (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

22 quid is too much imo

the ricoh prices are shit

oh to be a student again.

Agreed (on both counts).

Not just us either, football at this level shouldn't cost anything like that.

What gets me is the average ticket cost was £9.50. Maybe the best thing would be no freebies, no concessions, everyone is £10 in.

Ashdown

£15 Adults
£10 16-21 + OAP's
£5 Under 16's !

I can understand higher prices at higher levels and with demand high but not in a half empty stadium.

covcity4life

Agreed (on both counts).

What gets me is the average ticket cost was £9.50. Maybe the best thing would be no freebies, no concessions, everyone is £10 in.

yup, even 15 quid for adults would go down well

but now they have sold ST they probably cant do it.

Kingokings204

Agreed (on both counts).

Couldn't agree more with this last paragraph. Just everyone £10 in. As I've said before we have an unique opportunity in that we have a 32k stadium. We don't have a 10k stadium like most others and have to charge £20-25. We would benefit in so many ways should be reduce ticket prices. Look at the German model. People have more money to spend on other stuff.

Kingokings204

Never accepted "everyone else does it" as an argument for anything really. As I said in a previous post I think all the teams at this level are overpriced.

Yes I 100% agree. I was just quoting what some posters would put back.

£24-£27 is a lot for a match ticket against yeovil on the day. And for most people that's for a family with food and drink, parking and others.

lordsummerisle

Agreed (on both counts).

If there is a percentage of F@B going to the club, then a good incentive to keep ticket prices down, and crowd sizes up.

Evans1883

I dont understand the club , they could make the same money by charging 15 a match for adults 8-10 for kids , with an attendance average of 16000 no doubt at them prices , as they will getting 10k at 22-27 pound , surely they can work out the margins and make the tickets cheaper than they are

Kingokings204

There isnt any F&b , but apparantly we get more money from sponsors than before , dont know what that means tbh

I heard we get some f&b also but can't remember where. Maybe someone could clarify. Surely they know they margins and reducing tickets to £15 a go and making a point of being the cheapest in the league this would attract both more home and away fans. More fans means more atmosphere and more income spent on other stuff.

Evans1883

I apaid 315 for my ST , thats 15 pound for a match , if they made matchday prices at 17-18 pound an adult , seqson ticket holders still get 2-3 matches worth free

Ashdown

The ST is not just about saving money either is it. It's about commitment, loyalty, convenience, preference on away tickets, discounts on merchandise etc. All the years I had an ST, I wouldn't have cared two hoots if the club had let everyone else in for the same amortized price as long as I and the other 6-10,000 got first dibs on the best away games etc. The truth is ST holders would much rather have the stadium rocking around them than 2/3rd's empty wouldn't they ?

shmmeee

If there is a percentage of F@B going to the club, then a good incentive to keep ticket prices down, and crowd sizes up.

Not really, though nice try. Of course the club having money is always good, but not really relevant here. You'd only have to drop ticket prices by about 50p to wipe out any F&B profit (even at 100% of profit going to the club).

Personally I think a large crowd is it's own reward and pays for itself in other ways (not least more success on the pitch) that far outweigh the paltry amount the club could make with F&B.

GaryJones

I want to go on Saturday with my 14yo son and his mate plus I was going to take my partner and her 2 kids aged 5 and 6 - so that 6 of us in the Family area. Went online and prices are £18 per adult and £9 per child which makes that £72. Couple on top of that travelling from Stratford then parking and food I don't think I will see any change out of £100.

My personal view is that the club need to offer Gillingham prices for the entire season as a way of apology for putting the fans and the City of Coventry through so much trauma over the past year.

The up-side to that would be larger crowds pushing the players on plus the build up of a shed-load of goodwill not to mention a rebuilding of a new younger generation of fan base (attracting tomorrows fans today).

Now I'm not sure if we can afford to take everyone this weekend and have decided not to buy online and make a decision on the day instead - I was poised with my debit card but the prices made me log off.

oscillatewildly

I do sympathise with families (We've got four between us but thankfully the three girls just aren't interested!) A day out at any attraction/themed based activity will be expensive though. I suppose it's just what's closest to your heart. As a tip - take your own food/drink. Not only will it be cheaper but it will save the trauma of queues.
As a few posters have pointed out in the past, a price reduction doesn't necessarily mean they'll come flocking back. Plus, love em or loathe them the owners need to start generating some income.

lordsummerisle

Not really, though nice try. Of course the club having money is always good, but not really relevant here. You'd only have to drop ticket prices by about 50p to wipe out any F&B profit (even at 100% of profit going to the club).

Personally I think a large crowd is it's own reward and pays for itself in other ways (not least more success on the pitch) that far outweigh the paltry amount the club could make with F&B.

I'm not sure that say 20 games with 15,000 at say £10 a go, would really bring in enough money for the club at all to be honest.

Limey

Why is there a premium zone at the Ricoh when its an unobstructed view all way round? Make it £20 flat rate except in family stand £18.

AndreasB

Funny how cost was never an issue whilst we were in Northampton- thought everyone was desperate just to get back. Now suddenly we are overpriced? You want the bloody moon on a stick you lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evans1883

This should be a reasonable and affordable price scheme at city tbh
ST holders £ 15 a match
non season ticket holders £18 fixed price around normal seating areas theoughout stadium
juniors ST holders currently£ 7 per match
non season ticket holding juniors pay £9-10 on day
concessions ST holders around £10 per match
non ST holding concessions £12-13 per match .

if a dad or mum take their son or daughter 1 adult and 1 child £27 pound , currently the price of 1 matchday ticket in premium zone

i guarantee this structure would get far more bums on seats

Last edited:

theferret

I want to go on Saturday with my 14yo son and his mate plus I was going to take my partner and her 2 kids aged 5 and 6 - so that 6 of us in the Family area. Went online and prices are £18 per adult and £9 per child which makes that £72. Couple on top of that travelling from Stratford then parking and food I don't think I will see any change out of £100.

My personal view is that the club need to offer Gillingham prices for the entire season as a way of apology for putting the fans and the City of Coventry through so much trauma over the past year.

The up-side to that would be larger crowds pushing the players on plus the build up of a shed-load of goodwill not to mention a rebuilding of a new younger generation of fan base (attracting tomorrows fans today).

Now I'm not sure if we can afford to take everyone this weekend and have decided not to buy online and make a decision on the day instead - I was poised with my debit card but the prices made me log off.

I wouldn't wait until the day of the game. Prices go up by £2.

Also, if you sign your kids up as JSBs, then your two youngest get in free, and the two older kids would be a fiver. Do that, and 6 of you would get in for £46 - so actually family prices are OK if you are prepared to sit in the JSB section.

I do think £22-£27 in the rest of the ground is too high, and it is a myth that our match day prices are a bargain, they are actually above average for this league.

Kingokings204

Funny how cost was never an issue whilst we were in Northampton- thought everyone was desperate just to get back. Now suddenly we are overpriced? You want the bloody moon on a stick you lot.

Think there has to be a compromise. I don't think anyone has said we are over priced. I just think people have said it's expensive when taking a family and if prices were lowered a touch you would see other benefits. It's a forum. It's all debatable.

Sky Blue Harry H

Why carry on with all this 'you lot' stuff, as if the majority on here were some other race - I thought we were all City fans? You can have different views without being divisive. Disagree, get annoyed, make your point...whatever, but try and do it nicely, or if you can't or don't want to, at least acknowledge that we're all cut from the same cloth in terms of our love for the club - otherwise we wouldn't bother being on here at all;)

skybluelee

I dont understand the club , they could make the same money by charging 15 a match for adults 8-10 for kids , with an attendance average of 16000 no doubt at them prices , as they will getting 10k at 22-27 pound , surely they can work out the margins and make the tickets cheaper than they are

What evidence is there to back this up? Gillingham was a one-off. Isn't it £18 in the cheap parts of the stadium now? How will charging £3 less suddenly mean another 6,000 (based on avg attendance in 13/14) fairweather fans will suddenly be rushing to the Ricoh? It just wouldn't happen.

This club has massive potential in terms of the size of the city but the only way to turn the part-time fans into full-time ones is success on the pitch. We'd sell well in excess of 20K every game if we were at the top of this league, irrespective of price.

You'll Never Beat McPake

As a comparison I just checked out cinema prices at Skydome
child under 12 = £6.70
Teenager/student/OAP = £7.00
Adult = £8.50

or family ticket (2 adults + 2 kids or 1 adult + 3 kids) = £26.00

skybluelee

Think there has to be a compromise. I don't think anyone has said we are over priced. I just think people have said it's expensive when taking a family and if prices were lowered a touch you would see other benefits. It's a forum. It's all debatable.

But its not, its dirt cheap to take a family (providing by family you mean kids as well).

It costs £11 to watch football in the 7th tier (ie Southern Premier or equivalent). £18 - £24 for 3rd tier football is perfectly reasonable. I appereciate for some price is an issue but for an awful lot of people its just a convenient excuse.

Evans1883

What evidence is there to back this up? Gillingham was a one-off. Isn't it £18 in the cheap parts of the stadium now? How will charging £3 less suddenly mean another 6,000 (based on avg attendance in 13/14) fairweather fans will suddenly be rushing to the Ricoh? It just wouldn't happen.

This club has massive potential in terms of the size of the city but the only way to turn the part-time fans into full-time ones is success on the pitch. We'd sell well in excess of 20K every game if we were at the top of this league, irrespective of price.
When you put a nimber inside somebodys head lets say 27 pound , then put the number 18 in their head , which one will make them more likely to buy , some people will do anything to save 50p let alone 3-9 pound

skybluelee

For the first time ever I agree with you. I think I need a lie down.

skybluelee

When you put a nimber inside somebodys head lets say 27 pound , then put the number 18 in their head , which one will make them more likely to buy , some people will do anything to save 50p let alone 3-9 pound

Just an excuse. People can say £27 all they like but they know damn well they can get in for £18-£22.

Evans1883

Just to let you know , that leicester city are charging £19-26 pound for adult tickets for the premier league fixture with burnley , but we are reasonably priced right?

Users who are viewing this thread