Transfer Rumour Yasin Ayari (3 Viewers)

Finham

He had so much time to pick his spot and hit it at the keeper. Godden’s was a half chance because it came to him quickly and had to hit it first time, making it a harder chance. I have eyes and I know what is a good chance and what isn’t.
Oh yeah Godden's was a half-chance for sure-and Wright should have done better but seemed a bit panicked. Confidence, confidence, confidence. Hopefully it will come.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh yeah Godden's was a half-chance for sure-and Wright should have done better but seemed a bit panicked. Confidence, confidence, confidence. Hopefully it will come.
Am I mistaken in thinking that Wright is left footed, or at least stronger on his left?

harvey098

Would rather see him deeper alongside Sheaf rather than 10-would increase our creativity surely?
I obviously haven’t seen enough of him to say definitively but he doesn’t look like the combative, ball winning, engine type player that you need in front of the back 3 like Eccles.

Frostie

Told you all along he isnt the Hamer replacement

Even Robins has said hes not a number 8.

Why do you all insist he plays the Hamer role?

Because he's played the 8 everywhere else previously & is earmarked as a long term successor to Moises Caicedo at Brighton.

I can understand why Robins wants him in the 10 though, wants more creativity in the final third & probably doesn't trust him defensively in our system with the wingbacks pushed on etc.

ccfc1234

Because he's played the 8 everywhere else previously & is earmarked as a long term successor to Moises Caicedo at Brighton.

I can understand why Robins wants him in the 10 though, wants more creativity in the final third & probably doesn't trust him defensively in our system with the wingbacks pushed on etc.
I agree for now but I think as the season goes on that trust might come?

Flying Fokker

Super, Super Greggs
Super, Super Greggs
Super, Super Greggs
he loves Casey Palmer.
Refrain:
And now Flying Fokker

Hobo

Because we need someone to replace hamer so would expect a new signing would ...
.replace hamer?
You need to engage your brain. Just because the next signing plays in midfield it doesn't mean he is Hamers replacement?

I doubt whether MR's expects to find clones of Hamer and Gyokeres anyway? Nothing could hamper your rebuild more, because you won't find them. You are just looking to bring good players in who have their own DNA.

Brighton Sky Blue

You need to engage your brain. Just because the next signing plays in midfield it doesn't mean he is Hamers replacement?

I doubt whether MR's expects to find clones of Hamer and Gyokeres anyway? Nothing could hamper your rebuild more, because you won't find them. You are just looking to bring good players in who have their own DNA.
It's a bit hard to steal someone else's though no doubt someone has tried

TomRad85

I agree with this. The obsession with a 'Hamer replacement' is a touch irritating. We need a new CM for sure but I fear our deranged fanbase will turn on said signing if he's not playing exactly like Hamer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

The Brighton fans and journos said he was or had played centre mid though. Until sat no one thought of him as a number 10.

shmmeee

I agree with this. The obsession with a 'Hamer replacement' is a touch irritating. We need a new CM for sure but I fear our deranged fanbase will turn on said signing if he's not playing exactly like Hamer.

We need someone who can do what he does. Id love it to be in the same all action style but as long as they can transition is from defence to attack and out a foot in im happy.

TomRad85

We need someone who can do what he does. Id love it to be in the same all action style but as long as they can transition is from defence to attack and out a foot in im happy.
Our new forwards are already suffering from Gyokeres replacement syndrome, despite the fact we're not even trying to play the same game we were with Gyokeres. I certainly won't be dubbing our new CM a Hamer replacement. Excited to see who we bring in though.

Last edited:

Hobo

The Brighton fans and journos said he was or had played centre mid though. Until sat no one thought of him as a number 10.

And before Hamer came to Cov he had played in a 10 role on numerous occasions. However it was a long time before we played him in advanced positions. Sheffield United definitely see him in that role, although know he can track back and will. They will let him naturally drop deep and defend like he had to today against man City.

We don't play with a central mid. With one up top we play a box midfield, two holding two advanced. With two up top we play with two holding and one attacking mid or what you might call a 10.

There should always be some fluidity in all that. Plus managers have their own ideas on formations and roles.

But Ayari looks a cultured footballer with a lot of attributes. Especially a defence splitting pass. I do think though (and this is only based on his short cameo yesterday) that he will need to work a lot harder and be able to drop into pockets of space rather than just stand in amongst a cluster of players. Numerous times yesterday when Sheaf and Eccles went forward he just didn't offer them any options for a pass.

covcity4life

And before Hamer came to Cov he had played in a 10 role on numerous occasions. However it was a long time before we played him in advanced positions. Sheffield United definitely see him in that role, although know he can track back and will. They will let him naturally drop deep and defend like he had to today against man City.

We don't play with a central mid. With one up top we play a box midfield, two holding two advanced. With two up top we play with two holding and one attacking mid or what you might call a 10.

There should always be some fluidity in all that. Plus managers have their own ideas on formations and roles.

But Ayari looks a cultured footballer with a lot of attributes. Especially a defence splitting pass. I do think though (and this is only based on his short cameo yesterday) that he will need to work a lot harder and be able to drop into pockets of space rather than just stand in amongst a cluster of players. Numerous times yesterday when Sheaf and Eccles went forward he just didn't offer them any options for a pass.
I dunno what you are saying though. I'm not sure what was so crazy about thinking ayari might play in the 2 deeper midfield roles rather than Palmers spot.

Hobo

I dunno what you are saying though. I'm not sure what was so crazy about thinking ayari might play in the 2 deeper midfield roles rather than Palmers spot.
I am saying managers have their own ideas. Certain players can adapt to different roles. What we had on the bench yesterday Ayari was the best option to replace Palmer. When OHare is back he may not be?

But even if Ayari is played deeper he will have to work harder and break out of walking pace, especially over 90 minutes

covcity4life

I am saying managers have their own ideas. Certain players can adapt to different roles. What we had on the bench yesterday Ayari was the best option to replace Palmer. When OHare is back he may not be?

But even if Ayari is played deeper he will have to work harder and break out of walking pace, especially over 90 minutes
No one is denying any of that. You acted like it was crazy to think perhaps ayari brought in due to hamer leaving though

Astute

'We need to find a Gyokeres replacement'

'We need to find a Hamer replacement'

Well yes all clubs are looking for them. And without paying 15m or more they're difficult to find. Robins found both then worked with them to make them what they become.

Astute

How much have you seen him play so far?

Flying Fokker

Respect to all people who play professional football, whatever level. They’ve overcome ridiculous odds to get where they are. We must have a lot of ex-pros on here for them to cast a critical glance over the current CCFC players. This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t comment, just that these players had to go over a lot of hurdles along their career and deserve as much encouragement as we can give them.

Hobo

How much have you seen him play so far?
I haven't and if you read my previous posts I rate him. To be honest he could have been dog shit yesterday and I would not be writing him off based on one cameo appearance.

It was just an observation about what I saw. 3 of his passes were some of our best all game into the Sunderland penalty area. He certainly plays with his head up and can pick a pass. He weighted them to perfection.

Hobo

No one is denying any of that. You acted like it was crazy to think perhaps ayari brought in due to hamer leaving thoughse
I think we need payers and he was brought in because he has a lot of ability and potential. Also the fact Brighton wants him to go out on loan and get game time is a big factor. Obviously Brighton trust our coaching team as well.

fatso

I think we need payers and he was brought in because he has a lot of ability and potential. Also the fact Brighton wants him to go out on loan and get game time is a big factor. Obviously Brighton trust our coaching team as well.
Brighton wanted to loan him out, and judging by the what we saw from him yesterday I'm glad we have him rather than someone else.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Obviously you can't find clones, but you would be looking to sign players to play in the same position.

Reports seemed to suggest he was a central midfielder, we need someone to play central midfield. Doesn't seem a stretch

SkyBlue_Bear83

Based on what do we play two holding players? Sheaf and Hamer were the fist choice midfield pairing for years and it was always Sheaf playing more reserved with Hamer playing an all action box to box role breaking from the midfield.

If we are going for a genuine two holding players this year it's a change of tactic

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Would rather see him deeper alongside Sheaf rather than 10-would increase our creativity surely?

Our midfield don't score enough goals. Actually neither do our defenders from set plays either. Hamer was an exception to that, but looking at where we are now - Sheaf, Eccles, MVE, Da Silva (if we are counting wing backs) aren't going to give us too many goal contributions. A top team needs that.

It isn't a popular opinion on here but I honestly think we need to upgrade the central midfield to have players more able to get goals and assists.

Sheaf didn't play 10 games last season. We won 7 and drew 3 of those. Yesterday I would have removed one of the central players and put a more attacking one on. I know this will go down like the titanic but losing Hamer and Gyökeres makes us short of so many goals. We need to look at that otherwise we will see more repeats of Swansea and Sunderland.

Hobo

Based on what do we play two holding players? Sheaf and Hamer were the fist choice midfield pairing for years and it was always Sheaf playing more reserved with Hamer playing an all action box to box role breaking from the midfield.

If we are going for a genuine two holding players this year it's a change of tactic

Then it is strange when I suggested Hamer could play in a more advanced role in his first season many suggested his role was a defensive mid.

Sheaf is a methodical player with a slower tempo. Eccles carries the ball and attacks space better than Sheaf. Hamer could switch play and had a longer range of pass.

Different players different assets. Hamer Sheaf Eccles or Kelly tended to be the defensive mids last year behind Palmer, O'Hare or Allen depending on who was fit and available.

Hamer may have had a freer role than Sheaf but he always fell back into a defensive mid position when we were out of possession.

CCFC54321

Our midfield don't score enough goals. Actually neither do our defenders from set plays either. Hamer was an exception to that, but looking at where we are now - Sheaf, Eccles, MVE, Da Silva (if we are counting wing backs) aren't going to give us too many goal contributions. A top team needs that.

It isn't a popular opinion on here but I honestly think we need to upgrade the central midfield to have players more able to get goals and assists.

Sheaf didn't play 10 games last season. We won 7 and drew 3 of those. Yesterday I would have removed one of the central players and put a more attacking one on. I know this will go down like the titanic but losing Hamer and Gyökeres makes us short of so many goals. We need to look at that otherwise we will see more repeats of Swansea and Sunderland.
You’re actually dead on with your assumptions. The whole team though doesn’t score enough goals and hasn’t spread them around like they should have.

We lost 33 goals with the two sales and we have not a cat in hells chance of clawing that back even with the new signings from the showings so far.

Unless we keep clean sheets and become the Arsenal of the 80’s then we haven’t in my opinion a cat in hells chance of finishing in the top 6 this season. It’s a tougher league than last season and I’m hopeful that simms and wright have 15 goals each in their locker but i have to be honest I doubt it.

Top 10 finish is what I expect this season at best but not a top 6 finish.

CCFC54321

Then it is strange when I suggested Hamer could play in a more advanced role in his first season many suggested his role was a defensive mid.

Sheaf is a methodical player with a slower tempo. Eccles carries the ball and attacks space better than Sheaf. Hamer could switch play and had a longer range of pass.

Different players different assets. Hamer Sheaf Eccles or Kelly tended to be the defensive mids last year behind Palmer, O'Hare or Allen depending on who was fit and available.

Hamer may have had a freer role than Sheaf but he always fell back into a defensive mid position when we were out of possession.
Palmer yesterday played almost as a third striker and unlike hamer who would drop into a deeper role out of possession Palmer isn’t that player. I’m pretty sure this led to us being exposed at times with the wing backs not tucking in enough out of possession.

Two points- should sheaf and Eccles be good enough to play as as a two or are they not good enough to play as a two and need help with an additional third midfielder?

should palmer be expected to drop deeper out of possession? We have two deeper midfielders they should be able manage what’s thrown at them?

shmmeee

Whether in a box or two up front, we tend to press as a three up top out of possession.

Users who are viewing this thread