Match Thread Wycombe Wanderers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Jan (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect 16k home fans in the championship and a lot of large away followings. Villa would be a sell out. We’d be an attraction for away fans as many wouldn’t have visited in some time.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

What about the Bluenoses.
giphy.gif

pusbccfc

Only Villa really who weren't there in 2012. West Ham and Leicester were there in 2012 too.

The money and attendances both home and away are a lot different to what it was like back in 2010.

You only have to see the away followings being taken to see how many would visit the Ricoh each week.

Grendel

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect 16k home fans in the championship and a lot of large away followings. Villa would be a sell out. We’d be an attraction for away fans as many wouldn’t have visited in some time.

We never sold out once when in the championship - why would we sell out against Aston Villa? We struggled to do that in the premier league at Highfield Road

Esoterica

We never sold out once when in the championship - why would we sell out against Aston Villa? We struggled to do that in the premier league at Highfield Road
Would think a big factor would be that we haven't played them for nearly 20 years now and that the club would be on the rise again, rather then a decline. Back in the Champ after so long out and a home fixture against Villa early in the season and I reckon it would be pretty close to a sell out. For a lot of our youth it's a legendary rivalry that they've never experienced and for our older fans one that has been parked for a long time.

pusbccfc

Would think a big factor would be that we haven't played them for nearly 20 years now and that the club would be on the rise again, rather then a decline. Back in the Champ after so long out and a home fixture against Villa early in the season and I reckon it would be pretty close to a sell out. For a lot of our youth it's a legendary rivalry that they've never experienced and for our older fans one that has been parked for a long time.

This.

Playing Villa, Leeds etc every week would seem like being back in the big time compared to the teams we are playing now.

Grendel

Can’t see it. We’d be charging £25 - £30 per head for non season ticket holders

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasps would be on the hands and knees begging for us to stay if we were in the championship. We would make them a fortune with crowds well over 20,000 a week.

In the last Championship season we averaged 15k which is where I think it would be in the first season back, maybe nearer 20 for the first game or two or for derbies. To be honest I would be glad to see us return to using all 4 stands...

pusbccfc

In the last Championship season we averaged 15k which is where I think it would be in the first season back, maybe nearer 20 for the first game or two or for derbies. To be honest I would be glad to see us return to using all 4 stands...

We would average about 15,000 home fans and most away teams would bring over 2000 with many towards 5000.

Irish Sky Blue

This would make it feel like a real stadium again. It would be good to have half of the other end if the away following was small enough.

scottccfc

I think we will sell quite a few season tickets in the championship more owing to saving money rather then tickets at 25-30 a game

mark_ccfc

Great result, wouldn't get too carried away, but now the team have gained some form and confidence we can start getting a few points. Hope Kelly is ok, because I think he has been a key part of regaining form.
One good thing is that in the past Christmas has been traditionally the time when the wheels come off for City.
If Robins can get a few good bodies in January, we could stand a chance of getting in the playoffs. I would still be pleased with a mid to top half finish though to consolidate promotion.

shmmeee

Promotion seems to give a pretty solid 30% YOY increase in average home attendance (and relegation the opposite). Currently sitting at 128% of last years average at just under 12k. I think it’s fair to say a sustained playoff challenge would bump that to at least 12.5k average for the season (135% of last year). 12.5k x 1.3 = 16.5k average for a potential Chanpionship first season. Though I think the bump in away crowds and big one off games would actually result in a larger bump. I think 17-19k depending on how the season pans out is a fair shout.

covcity4life

Not that I am expecting promotion thid season but I think we would hit 16k avg attendance in chsmpionship

And I reckon villa would sell out.

Magwitch

To get 15000+ home fans on a regular basis depends on doubling our season ticket sales and a 5000 plus walk up, can’t see it myself.

ccfcrob

Really? He was showing some pretty negative body language towards Thomas and then appeared to run over to him and have a word.

He wasn't happy was he?
He was having beef with Jombati, giving it the big man and put him in his place. Nothing to do with Thomas

Magwitch

Because it would mean a 100% or thereabouts increase in season ticket sales and the same for walk up. If we could get up and then seriously challenge the top 6 maybe. What are the average gates in the championship ? For every Leeds or Villa there’s. a Rotherham or Wigan.

Paxman II

If we have a challenging season in league 1 still to come then we will reach 15k for home games if the oppo is in the same challenging position. Lower opposition would curb that a little. But we willneed to have a chance of a play off challenge. If we fail to remain in with a chance then 10k will be a norm.
If we get promoted then we will increase the 'norm' to around 15K average. But if we find ourselves challenging again for a playoff place then we would see 18k to 22k depending on the attraction of the opposition. Exceptions to the rule of thumb would be the likes of Villa. I'd expect 25-28kk for such a game unless we were down in the lower reahes of the table. If we were truly vying for promotion and doing really well you can expect the odd few sell outs.
If we get back to the Premier League regardless of form we would sell out the vast majority of home games, and for the likes of the big teams our stadium will be too small. We are a one team City. The Premier League has changed a lot since our time and attractive teams and their 'super stars' are a huge draw.
Put this way I'd go to far more games if we were in the Championship and would probably hardly miss a game if we were in the Premier League.
When Leeds Utd go back up, and I believe they will then their old ground won't be big enough for them. But for Norwich they would simply be at capacity. Derby like us would sell out the majority of games as indeed Leicester do...

CanadianCCFC

To get 15000+ home fans on a regular basis depends on doubling our season ticket sales and a 5000 plus walk up, can’t see it myself.
Because it would mean a 100% or thereabouts increase in season ticket sales and the same for walk up. If we could get up and then seriously challenge the top 6 maybe. What are the average gates in the championship ? For every Leeds or Villa there’s. a Rotherham or Wigan.
Not sure where u got that from don’t we have about 7000 season tickets holders this season

CanadianCCFC

Are you saying we get about 7500 home fans these days?

Users who are viewing this thread