Match Thread Wycombe Wanderers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Jan (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

from the GAS site:

"Can’t stand playing Coventry. Deeply cynical football and some well organised defending that we never seem to be able to break down.

Utterly shite display from the referee."

Pot, kettle, yer 'ave to larf.

Does deeply cynical mean nice passing down there. Must be a shock to see the ball on the floor as they are not used to it.

D

Deleted member 4439

Tbf we did the stuff that the blind moaners say we don't do, dawdled with throw ins etc slowed the game down. One man's cynical is another's professional

Agreed (but thought I'd be flamed for saying so!) - good to see us learning how to do it, though hope it never reaches the depths of the Ainsworth art.

Ricketts

Although I have sympathy with teams with small grounds and a tiny budget, their type of 'football' is not what I would call entertainment, so bog off back to League Two (or lower) I do feel sorry for fans that have to watch that kind of rubbish.

Liquid Gold

I was saying during the game how much we learned of the dark arts in league 2 last year. So many teams took points off us by slowing the game down, winning fouls and frustrating us. I hated it at the time but I'm glad we're using it to our benefit now. Wycombe can't talk either, they are one of the worst for it, would have been far more of it if they were leading.

Nick

Administrator
Jch was loving it in the corner, he kept winding their 2 up to try and get it off him.

Then he tried to hammer the ball at him and missed.

D

Deleted member 4439

I was saying during the game how much we learned of the dark arts in league 2 last year. So many teams took points off us by slowing the game down, winning fouls and frustrating us. I hated it at the time but I'm glad we're using it to our benefit now. Wycombe can't talk either, they are one of the worst for it, would have been far more of it if they were leading.

Tbh, I was quite disappointed in their efforts to frustrate over the penalty - they could learn a thing or two from the Colombia team.

pusbccfc

Jch was loving it in the corner, he kept winding their 2 up to try and get it off him.

Then he tried to hammer the ball at him and missed.

That's the Jonson we need every week.

When he's up for it with a bit of aggression he's a bully. He terrorised their centre back. He's clearly realised his position in the team is in danger.

stupot07

When he's up for it with a bit of aggression he's a bully. He terrorised their centre back. He's clearly realised his position in the team is in danger.
Perhaps he is just better as an impact sub.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SBbucks

from the GAS site:

"Can’t stand playing Coventry. Deeply cynical football and some well organised defending that we never seem to be able to break down.

Utterly shite display from the referee."

Pot, kettle, yer 'ave to larf.
A bit rich from a team whose style is more akin to Hull Kingston Rovers than a football team. Good to see the followers of anti-football got exactly what they deserved (again). Could you imagine watching that every week? Soul destroying.

Covstu

Solid victory for us today with an outstanding defensive display from our back two yet again. Every man worked hard today which was the key difference for us

covcity4life

I said a few weeks back we would need to win 3 in a row to make me excited about promotion again

Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in!

Sterling and Kelly brilliant again. Shipley best.performance of season. All of our strikers score for fun. Clean sheet. Good day!

I'm off to ratings thread to give bayliss a 3. How dare he be creative?! We don't want that at cov!

letsallsingtogether

Says it all when you mention a player by his first name.;)

clint van damme

I said a few weeks back we would need to win 3 in a row to make me excited about promotion again

Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in!

Sterling and Kelly brilliant again. Shipley best.performance of season. All of our strikers score for fun. Clean sheet. Good day!

I'm off to ratings thread to give bayliss a 3. How dare he be creative?! We don't want that at cov!

There are so many similarities between this season and last season.
Hopefully the outcome is the same but no doubt many more twists and turns to come.

covcity4life

There are so many similarities between this season and last season.
Hopefully the outcome is the same but no doubt many more twists and turns to come.
Agree

However I don't think we can get promoted from league 1 without improving further.we won't face an Exeter if we did make playoffs, instead would be a Sunderland or Charlton etc

I think we need to take advantage of fixture list whilst we can and then come march let's see if we have confidence tontske it to the big teams

clint van damme

Agree

However I don't think we can get promoted from league 1 without improving further.we won't face an Exeter if we did make playoffs, instead would be a Sunderland or Charlton etc

I think we need to take advantage of fixture list whilst we can and then come march let's see if we have confidence tontske it to the big teams

I wouldn't say we can't do it but it's obviously a much bigger task.
Though I would say with regard to your point about Sunderland and Charlton that in 3 games against them so far we're won 2 drew 1 and have more Wembley experience in our squad!! But I understand the point you're making.
As usual, January recruitment, or lack of it, by us and the teams around us will be crucial.

letsallsingtogether

Agree

Done the double over Chalton not lost to Sunderland yet, so no problem

Garryb80

Though I would say with regard to your point about Sunderland and Charlton that in 3 games against them so far we're won 2 drew 1 and have more Wembley experience in our squad!! But I understand the point you're making.
As usual, January recruitment, or lack of it, by us and the teams around us will be crucial.
The last 7 away games are the real test. 6 of the current top 7 and Accrington. Also to go to Rochdale where our record is woeful.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree

Don't think we have enough quality for promotion and will stick to my prediction of 11th. Which isn't a big deal, Pompey were similar last season and have now pushed on, no reason why we can't do the same provided we're not homeless.

Brighton Sky Blue

Would be quite fitting if we finally got back to the Championship only to be turfed out the Ricoh

fernandopartridge

Agree

We've done the double over Charlton. Sunderland will go up automatically

Otis

Top 10 this season would be great.

We have proved that we can go on poor runs just as much as we can go on good ones.

Let's not get carried away. We are not a poor side, but we are not a great one in this division either and January could prove to be key to our fortunes.

Users who are viewing this thread