Match Thread Wycombe Wanderers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Wycombe Wanderers vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

Covkid1968#

They were awful at The Ricoh....hard fought 1-0 win to continue the winning run

Grendel

Don’t we have a game on Saturday?

stevefloyd

Isn't corporate at Scunthorpe just a seat without splinters in?
A splinter (also known as a sliver) is a fragment of a larger object (especially wood), or a foreign body that penetrates or is purposely injected into a body. The foreign body must be lodged inside tissue to be considered a splinter. Splinters may cause initial pain through ripping of flesh and muscle, infection through bacteria on the foreign object, and severe internal damage through migration to vital organs or bone over time.

Nick

Administrator
A splinter (also known as a sliver) is a fragment of a larger object (especially wood), or a foreign body that penetrates or is purposely injected into a body. The foreign body must be lodged inside tissue to be considered a splinter. Splinters may cause initial pain through ripping of flesh and muscle, infection through bacteria on the foreign object, and severe internal damage through migration to vital organs or bone over time.

eef6170e0eca7da6ce27d5bc19dfc6ce--splinter-costume-master-splinter.jpg

Adge

Only 1 change for me-Davis for Hyam as he will be more suited to the battle with “the beast”.

covcity4life

We have had their number recently. Is a must win for promotion rly

Same team but Thomas back in

If Shipley injured hiwula on left and Jch and Chaplin upfront

2-1 win and i get excited again just to hsve hopes dashed

Gibbo

Things I'd like to see:-
1. Professional footballers prepared to pass first time without always controlling it. That time taken controlling means you lose momentum and gives the opposition time to recover
2. Strikers hitting the target - Chaplin twice today, with little or no excuse, Hiwula against Posh, ditto.
3. Thomas taking lessons from Sterling in crossing the ball under pressure or at speed
4. Bayliss looking engaged for 90 minutes. Disappears for long periods
5. Fewer long aerial balls in the direction of Chaplin. They just come straight back

clint van damme

We have had their number recently. Is a must win for promotion rly

Same team but Thomas back in

If Shipley injured hiwula on left and Jch and Chaplin upfront

2-1 win and i get excited again just to hsve hopes dashed

isn't it 14 days lay off for a bout of concussion?

covcity4life

Quite funny all the chav cov fans that said davies our best cb judt cos hes big and strong and now he csnt get in team lol

Don't get me wrong I think he's very good and a cult hero at times but just shows why my posts should be taken more seriously than chav posters as I am a real student of the game not just hoof ball.

Philosorapter

Coventry City at Wycombe Wanderers

IMG_2264.PNG IMG_2265.PNG

Coventry City (1500)
Best (1586) on 27 Oct 2018

Win (1518) +18
Draw (1500) +0
Loss (1482) -18

According to Glicko, there are less then 100 rating points between Coventry's current assumed rating, and the assumed rating needed to be in contention for a play-off place.

It looks like the chasing pack for the last play-off places, or so, are averaging a lower Glicko rating then they previously have done all season.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins' masterstroke of going out in the first round of all competitions earns us some extra rest afterwards so leave nothing on the field for this one.

cc84cov

Would like to see JCH partner Hiwula Chaplin to be dropped.

Burge
Sterling Hyam Willis mason
Bayliss Kelly Doyle thomas
Hiwula JCH

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Would like to see JCH partner Hiwula Chaplin to be dropped.

Burge
Sterling Hyam Willis mason
Bayliss Kelly Doyle thomas
Hiwula JCH
Sorry, can't agree. When we play Chaplin and Hiwula together we play on the floor more rather than long balls we can't make anything of, we control the tempo more. Bring JCH on with 30 to go to bully tired defenders. Let Chaplin be comfortable staying further up the field to latch on to through balls, chase opportunistic long balls and flick ons.

steve82

Quite funny all the chav cov fans that said davies our best cb judt cos hes big and strong and now he csnt get in team lol

Don't get me wrong I think he's very good and a cult hero at times but just shows why my posts should be taken more seriously than chav posters as I am a real student of the game not just hoof ball.

Ha ha are you suggesting he was dropped?

Because I think your wrong and silly to suggest it. Tom Davies it playing at his level right now and still inexperienced for his age. He won’t play above L1, this is his top end range for his skill set.

Fact is he’s not in the side now as MR sticks to his principles in defence and retains the players who performed in the positions until injury/suspension or poor performance says to change it.

That’s the right way surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

I think we’ve a flu virus about to sweep through the camp. MR sounded full of it in his interview and we’ve players dropping out the last few match day 18 list.

I hope it don’t affect us to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread