Wright and Simms (2 Viewers)

fatso

@fatso is 2 goals and an assist against Premiership side enough for you? 😂
Can't fault him today tbf.

(Although he did miss a sitter, and the first goal looked like an own goal 😘)

Seriously though, I'm delighted for him, his work rate has improved no end since the last international break, and he's getting the rewards as a result.

I've knocked him when he deserved it, but I give him all due credit for his improvement of late.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Next season? Well on the way this season.

Sorry couldn't resist.

kenny jackett pompey GIF by Portsmouth Football Club

Mucca Mad Boys

Can't fault him today tbf.

(Although he did miss a sitter, and the first goal looked like an own goal 😘)

Seriously though, I'm delighted for him, his work rate has improved no end since the last international break, and he's getting the rewards as a result.

I've knocked him when he deserved it, but I give him all due credit for his improvement of late.
I appreciate the classy response!

Simms was offside for the sitter so at least that saved his blushes - either way he should’ve buried it.

messiahrobins

Wright and Simms are fantastic players when on it. Wolves, which had their 1st choice defence out couldnt handle them at all. Wright for me has been mainly outstanding all season, Simms took longer to get going but now he looks brilliant.
Gonna be hard to keep both if we dont go up

Ccfcisparks

Wright and Simms are fantastic players when on it. Wolves, which had their 1st choice defence out couldnt handle them at all. Wright for me has been mainly outstanding all season, Simms took longer to get going but now he looks brilliant.
They had their first choice defence except Dawson

Cally Fedora

Wright has looked good all year for me. Simms looks a real confidence player. Will probably score streaks of goals. But they’re both physical and every opposition will know they’ve been in a game. Palmer has also been much improved last few games.

Mucca Mad Boys

Wright has looked good all year for me. Simms looks a real confidence player. Will probably score streaks of goals. But they’re both physical and every opposition will know they’ve been in a game. Palmer has also been much improved last few games.

About 2-3 weeks ago I looked at the xG of Wright and Simms. To my surprise, Wright was nearly -5.7 to his actual goal tally and Simms was -1.5.

To clarify, that means that both of them should have more goals.

For Simms in particular, I believe his output was low was low because he wasn’t given many chances to our away. He obviously missed a few big chances but if you look at most of his goals to date - they’re textbook striker finishes.

Brighton Sky Blue

About 2-3 weeks ago I looked at the xG of Wright and Simms. To my surprise, Wright was nearly -5.7 to his actual goal tally and Simms was -1.5.

To clarify, that means that both of them should have more goals.

For Simms in particular, I believe his output was low was low because he wasn’t given many chances to our away. He obviously missed a few big chances but if you look at most of his goals to date - they’re textbook striker finishes.
Wright has been like that for most of his time here. Today you could see why, gets himself into good positions again and again then stalls on the ball and the chance goes. When he goes for it more on instinct, he's a much better finisher.

JulianDarbyFTW

Based on minutes per goal, we have one hell of a goalscoring team. Pretty impressive all told:

Wright - better than 1 goal every 2 games
Simms - better than 1 goal every 2 games
O'Hare - better than 1 goal every 2 games
Godden - better than 1 goal every 3 games
Tatsu - better than 1 goal every 4 games

covcity4life

Based on minutes per goal, we have one hell of a goalscoring team. Pretty impressive all told:

Wright - better than 1 goal every 2 games
Simms - better than 1 goal every 2 games
O'Hare - better than 1 goal every 2 games
Godden - better than 1 goal every 3 games
Tatsu - better than 1 goal every 4 games
And tavares?! Must be good too

Martin180

Think they both just took time to settle TBF. They really are starting to look like a partnership now.
Wright admitted as much in his interview afterwards , said him and Simms started slowly but Robins never lost faith in them and encouraged them at all times

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yeah Simms is starting to enjoy this goal scoring lark. 💪

alexccfc99

The States must have some very decent forward players if Wright can't get a sniff of getting into their squads

Users who are viewing this thread