Would you have bright back? (1 Viewer)

Would you have Bright Back?

• Get him in now - roll out the red carpet!

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Pay as you play/short term contract

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Not in a month of Sundays

Votes: 89 51.1%

• Total voters

fatso

At least Allen works hard. Shipley presses like he should have a beer belly
Wtf!!! Allen literally offers absolutely nothing, I mean he does sweet fuck all, he’s a complete and utter passenger for 90 minutes. Shipley for all his faults is far more useful than Allen. I would literally (and I mean literally) sooner play with 10 men than use Allen again.

cc84cov

Wtf!!! Allen literally offers absolutely nothing, I mean he does sweet fuck all, he’s a complete and utter passenger for 90 minutes. Shipley for all his faults is far more useful than Allen. I would literally (and I mean literally) sooner play with 10 men than use Allen again.
I slated Allen few weeks back & got stick on here I don’t see the same people defending him anymore

speaks volumes

cc84cov

That is ridiculous
Agreed I wouldn’t want to play with 10 men over using Allen but he doesn’t do enough,steady league 1 player...An in form Bright is another story just don’t see us going in for him seems a long time ago he was here

Skyblue_CP

Bit late to join in, but i can't see your point here, Allen atleast works hard, Shipley (at the moment) offers less than little, and dont get me wrong i like the guy and want him to do well.

Yorkshire SB

Shipley will score goals though, nearly did against Boro. Have to agree with those saying Allen isn’t good enough, unfortunately he’s not. Physically miles off and not a good enough player to compensate.

cc84cov

Shipley will score goals though, nearly did against Boro. Have to agree with those saying Allen isn’t good enough, unfortunately he’s not. Physically miles off and not a good enough player to compensate.
At least Shipley is in areas to effect a game at times he’s either great or poor that’s the thing with shippers,Allen buzzes around struggling to impose himself on the game he suits the system but if we are looking at scoring more goals he needs to be dropped who for I have no idea I was shocked we didn’t go in for another O’Hare type player even on loan before window closed

Happy_Martian

Shipley came in from a good last season but has been lacklustre in the last couple of games. Whether his concussion has knocked him more than he expected I don't know. Allen again did well last season and runs around a lot (like a fly on a mouldy sandwich) but his tackling and attempts at goal are considerably lacking this season. But so far, neither are the options going forward. We need 2 new CAMs who are used to this league and can get around players.

Surprised how noone has picked up on Marosi's drop in form. He looks like he's frightened to catch the ball at the moment.

cc84cov

Shipley came in from a good last season but has been lacklustre in the last couple of games. Whether his concussion has knocked him more than he expected I don't know. Allen again did well last season and runs around a lot (like a fly on a mouldy sandwich) but his tackling and attempts at goal are considerably lacking this season. But so far, neither are the options going forward. We need 2 new CAMs who are used to this league and can get around players.

Surprised how noone has picked up on Marosi's drop in form. He looks like he's frightened to catch the ball at the moment.
Marosi and the defence get no rest we don’t have an outlet to give them a breather

fernandopartridge

Walsh is the player we are missing. Hamer has not replaced what he offered the team. Bright light up our team, that made a late charge to the play offs two seasons ago in league one. The step up is clear in terms of quility and he might not make any impact at this level. From an attitude perspective, if the ship is in a storm you need all parties to be committed and together. For that reason a no thanks.

It is nothing to do with missing Walsh, it's about the options players have.

covcity4life

We miss Walsh for sure

He would come deep and get the ball from bsck 3 and then possibilities included short pass long pass out wide etc

Now its sheaf who plays simple. Hamer has the long pass on him for sure and simply.mudt play every game for me but he's not hot run of form close to how Walsh was playing imo. Also doesnt support strikers and amc as much as Walsh did?

Early days but I wouldn't mind a loan for Walsh in january

AOM

We miss Walsh for sure

He would come deep and get the ball from bsck 3 and then possibilities included short pass long pass out wide etc

Now its sheaf who plays simple. Hamer has the long pass on him for sure and simply.mudt play every game for me but he's not hot run of form close to how Walsh was playing imo. Also doesnt support strikers and amc as much as Walsh did?

Early days but I wouldn't mind a loan for Walsh in january

Would absolutely have Walsh back in an instant for sure, but not sure if his game would also be impacted like the rest of the team with the constant pressing we get from most teams in the Championship?
Definitely has that extra bit of quality though needed

Irish Sky Blue

I haven't heard that Walsh had signed the new contract offered him and I haven't heard if he has recovered from injury and is in the Bristol squad, I might have missed both pieces of news. As the next window is only 2 months away, Bristol would surely want some commitment from him soon or would want to sell him in January. I would certainly have him back if we could get him.

cc84cov

I haven't heard that Walsh had signed the new contract offered him and I haven't heard if he has recovered from injury and is in the Bristol squad, I might have missed both pieces of news. As the next window is only 2 months away, Bristol would surely want some commitment from him soon or would want to sell him in January. I would certainly have him back if we could get him.
I defo think we have budget left for jan and if it’s possible we may make a move he will have to drop in wages also which may be an issue a loan is possible tho

SlowerThanPlatt

I defo think we have budget left for jan and if it’s possible we may make a move he will have to drop in wages also which may be an issue a loan is possible tho

I would be amazed if we have the funds to sign anyone, we have already spent the money. The only way someone good is coming in is if we sell, which doesn’t look likely given our performance so far

cc84cov

I would be amazed if we have the funds to sign anyone, we have already spent the money. The only way someone good is coming in is if we sell, which doesn’t look likely given our performance so far
I would be very shocked if he hasn’t kept some of his budget back for Jan mate

Frostie

Would absolutely have Walsh back in an instant for sure, but not sure if his game would also be impacted like the rest of the team with the constant pressing we get from most teams in the Championship?
Definitely has that extra bit of quality though needed

Exactly.
Plus, as most are slowly starting to realise, Sheaf is not the problem - he always wants to play forward but it's the lack of options in front of him.

I love Liam Walsh but part of why he was so effective was the system & supporting cast. We're struggling to get the wing backs, the CAMs & Godden involved - Walsh would likely improve that somewhat with his added dynamism but wouldn't single handedly turn us around.

Reactions: AOM

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Walsh is the player we are missing. Hamer has not replaced what he offered the team. Bright light up our team, that made a late charge to the play offs two seasons ago in league one. The step up is clear in terms of quility and he might not make any impact at this level. From an attitude perspective, if the ship is in a storm you need all parties to be committed and together. For that reason a no thanks.

I politely disagree.

Walsh was missing in a lot of games and was often half asleep for the first half. He scored a couple of great goals and no doubt got better as the season went on, but I don't think he was as good as some make out.

I would actually say Hamer is one of our better players, and that is including his stupid behaviour. Walsh would be playing for Bristol if he was any better than what we currently have, and even without injuries, doesn't look to be making the grade there.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Allen has been awful, no question.

Take away Shipley's goal and I would say he has been worse. He got away with being a pussy in league 2, but you cannot do that at this level.

As another poster has said, his version of pressing is to sheepishly run towards an opposition player and have absolutely zero intention of trying to win the ball. He is a passenger beyond belief and as much as I like his improvement, he is a passenger at this level at present.

higgs

Is he even in the country?
Can we sign free agents?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Agreed I wouldn’t want to play with 10 men over using Allen but he doesn’t do enough,steady league 1 player...An in form Bright is another story just don’t see us going in for him seems a long time ago he was here
How’s it a different story? What’s his record like at this level?

Happy_Martian

I'm surprised this conversation is still going on. We're Cov fans so we always look back to our limited successes with joy and pride and a certain degree of sky blue tinted glasses. But we can't honestly think that Bright, Walshy or anyone who performed amazingly last season would turn this season around. We were playing with a lot of confidence against teams that were poorer than us. Players had room to play and do their little tricks. So we established our game early and couldn't be broken down.

This season, we are playing much better teams than League 1, we have zero confidence, players are being hit as soon as they get the ball (and give it away as a result). And with the exception of Hamer and Sheaf, this is the same team that played League 1 last season. We struggled against MK Dons in August and Gillingham in September. That is still this teams level.

We need to get some Champ experience in the midfield area to strengthen, have the ability to hold on to the ball for more than 5 seconds and to be able to push forward to give Godden a reason to run towards goals (rather than just pressure their keeper for goalkicks). Noone mentioned so far fits those roles even close.

Marosi and the defence get no rest we don’t have an outlet to give them a breather

Disagree to a point. Yes, the defence is constantly under pressure due to our attacking failings but Marosi's drop in form goes much further than that. He's not collecting balls that he did previously and when he drops or pats a ball down in the 6 yd box, that too is adding to panic and indecision in the back 3. Another thing I can't understand is our goalkicks. Last year, balls were directed wide for the WBs or into space for Godden. Now, we put our CBs around the penalty area for goalkicks to pass the ball out which lets the opposition challenge in a very advanced position (how many times have the CBs lost the ball on the edge of the box from a goal kick? ). Why the change ? It would be pointless hoofing the ball up to Godden but what is stopping Marosi from using the WBs as a better and more attacking outlet ?

edgy

I'm surprised this conversation is still going on. We're Cov fans so we always look back to our limited successes with joy and pride and a certain degree of sky blue tinted glasses. But we can't honestly think that Bright, Walshy or anyone who performed amazingly last season would turn this season around. We were playing with a lot of confidence against teams that were poorer than us. Players had room to play and do their little tricks. So we established our game early and couldn't be broken down.

This season, we are playing much better teams than League 1, we have zero confidence, players are being hit as soon as they get the ball (and give it away as a result). And with the exception of Hamer and Sheaf, this is the same team that played League 1 last season. We struggled against MK Dons in August and Gillingham in September. That is still this teams level.

We need to get some Champ experience in the midfield area to strengthen, have the ability to hold on to the ball for more than 5 seconds and to be able to push forward to give Godden a reason to run towards goals (rather than just pressure their keeper for goalkicks). Noone mentioned so far fits those roles even close.

Disagree to a point. Yes, the defence is constantly under pressure due to our attacking failings but Marosi's drop in form goes much further than that. He's not collecting balls that he did previously and when he drops or pats a ball down in the 6 yd box, that too is adding to panic and indecision in the back 3. Another thing I can't understand is our goalkicks. Last year, balls were directed wide for the WBs or into space for Godden. Now, we put our CBs around the penalty area for goalkicks to pass the ball out which lets the opposition challenge in a very advanced position (how many times have the CBs lost the ball on the edge of the box from a goal kick? ). Why the change ? It would be pointless hoofing the ball up to Godden but what is stopping Marosi from using the WBs as a better and more attacking outlet ?

Little unfair on Marosi to me. This has more to do with the opposition taking a much higher position for our goal kicks than most L1 teams did. If I recall, only Rotherham and Portsmouth did it to us last season. Marosi has little option but to punt it towards Godden. Add the fact that we dont have Walshed quality to receive the ball and look after it centrally from short goal kicks, then we have come unstuck without any physical presence further up field.

Users who are viewing this thread