Would you have bright back? (1 Viewer)

Would you have Bright Back?

• Get him in now - roll out the red carpet!

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Pay as you play/short term contract

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Not in a month of Sundays

Votes: 89 51.1%

• Total voters

mark_ccfc

Couldn't resist putting this one up - I think I know from the previous thread what people's thoughts are though.

I am strictly "Not in a month of Sundays". Unproven at this level, too much hassle.
If he had the right attitude, with his potential, he would already have made it at Wolves by now.

SlowerThanPlatt

Couldn't resist putting this one up - I thikn I know from the previous thread what people's thoughts are though.

I am strictly "Not in a month of Sundays". Unproven at this level, too much hassle.
If he had the right attitude, with his potential, he would already have made it at Wolves by now.

He would never have made it at Wolves regardless. Lower Championship player at best

Jamieb87ccfc

No!! Couldn’t cut it at Wigan and had issues with attitude and going AWOL. Went AWOL while on loan with us as well. The lad thinks far too much of himself and clearly has behaviour issues. Looking at his Instagram he seems to have a lot of hangers on and is probably badly advised as well but he needs to realise that himself before it’s too late. At this stage he is headed for the footballing scrap heap and I wouldn’t risk him upsetting the dressing room.

mark_ccfc

No!! Couldn’t cut it at Wigan and had issues with attitude and going AWOL. Went AWOL while on loan with us as well. The lad thinks far too much of himself and clearly has behaviour issues. Looking at his Instagram he seems to have a lot of hangers on and is probably badly advised as well but he needs to realise that himself before it’s too late. At this stage he is headed for the footballing scrap heap and I wouldn’t risk him upsetting the dressing room.
The point I was making was that it would be different of his attitude was different.

skybluetony176

Can’t decide. If MR has a talk with him and decides that he’s the right man to put an arm around him, keep his head in the right place and getting playing to his best then that’s good enough for me. Any signing is a gamble at the end of the day.

no_loyalty

Bright needs to look at himself in the mirror, and think that if he doesn't sort his attitude out his career will go down the pan quickly.

clint van damme

Of all the ex players our fans obsess about this is the most baffling.
We've all heard the stories of his attitude and seen how indisciplined he can be on the pitch,why would anyone in their right mind want him back?

mark_ccfc

Of all the ex players our fans obsess about this is the most baffling.
We've all heard the stories of his attitude and seen how indisciplined he can be on the pitch,why would anyone in their right mind want him back?
Well on the current results of this poll over 85% of people on here either don't want him at all or are very wary of having him back.

covcity4life

Yes. Didn't seem to upset anyone whilst he was here and alot of talent for thay amc role.

No matter his personality you have to think he is much better than Shipley even if shipleybhas contributed more to ccfc

aloisijohnnyaloisi

Attitude aside, he’s a very exciting young player who can change a game when he’s on it. If he’d been available on a free last summer we’d have jumped at the opportunity. It’s also an area of the pitch that we seem to be lacking a bit of strength in depth.

I understand the hesitation from other fans, but Robins has already proven that he can get the best out of him as he’s only ever really done anything with us.

If we can load his contract with conditions to mitigate against the risk of him buggering off every other day, then I think it’s a gamble worth taking.

giphy.gif

lifeskyblue

Not for me. He had a great spell here, felt he could do better elsewhere. Teased and teased us. Has blown his opportunities since and clear his mind not focussed on making the most of his talents. Career blown when he had every chance of being adored by the fans. We have moved on...he has hit the buffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie

Not comparing them directly but Fergie did the same with Cantona. Sometimes you need a different approach to get the best out of maverick type players.

I don't believe Cantona routinely skipped training & team meetings & swanned off out of the country when he felt like it without permission.
There's "maverick" & then there's a complete lack of respect & professionalism.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No thanks, I’d sooner develop our own young players.

I'd sooner develop syphillis.

He came here for a short time, performed well (at a lower level), then pissed everyone about and went eslewhere. Every other club that's had him has had issues with him (and MR largely overlooked them here as well as letting him have a free role to do what he liked on the pitch). I think him going elsewhere was a dodged bullet for us. Give him a permanent contract and he'd soon just be doing as he pleased, thinking he's above the rules of everyone else. We don't need someone like that disrupting the squad. besides which what we're going to need most of the time are those able to put a shift in, not some prima donna trying to take everyone on then can't be arsed to help out defensively.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You never know - he could have been a much better player if he had applied himself.

And if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

The fact of the matter is he hasn't applied himself, and based on his current record it's looking increasingly likely that he won't at future clubs either. So, at this point his chances of making it even in the Championship aren't exactly promising.

rob9872

I'd pay Bright out of my own pocket if it meant we never had to see Shipley play attacking midfield in the Championship again
After half a game there as a still relatively young player stepping up to the level. Yes you seem like one of the decent and fair supporters but then probably one of those who had a problem with him first in L2 and then in L1 until he improved and stepped up to the level. I'd prefer to leave it to the manager who sees him train every day than some no bit forum punter who can't wait to criticise.

Users who are viewing this thread