Would you have bright back? (3 Viewers)

Would you have Bright Back?

• Get him in now - roll out the red carpet!

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Pay as you play/short term contract

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Not in a month of Sundays

Votes: 89 51.1%

• Total voters

clint van damme

Well on the current results of this poll over 85% of people on here either don't want him at all or are very wary of having him back.

was a lot of people on social media who'd take him back, my obsession comment was more aimed at them.
You get a far more sensible class of poster on here!

shmmeee

After half a game there as a still relatively young player stepping up to the level. Yes you seem like one of the decent and fair supporters but then probably one of those who had a problem with him first in L2 and then in L1 until he improved and stepped up to the level. I'd prefer to leave it to the manager who sees him train every day than some no bit forum punter who can't wait to criticise.

Shipley: makes more appearances in our promotion season than any other outfield player

City fans: sHiPlEy iS UsEleSs

ccfcway

we often talk about "pay as you play"

Has there every been a player in our history we have taken on under that contract ?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Shipley: makes more appearances in our promotion season than any other outfield player

City fans: sHiPlEy iS UsEleSs

The funny thing is, several fan bases and managers lauded Shipley last season and thought he was one of our standout players. It's funny how bias can distort perspective.

Unfortunately, a section of fans are insistent on having a player to sling mud at season after season and can't see beyond their nose.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The funny thing is, several fan bases and managers lauded Shipley last season and thought he was one of our standout players. It's funny how bias can distort perspective.

Unfortunately, a section of fans are insistent on having a player to sling mud at season after season and can't see beyond their nose.

The thing that annoys me the most is just that he is such a pussy.

Might be unfair, but I find it frustrating, particularly at this level. Sadly I'm from the Nick book of football. Every game is global warfare.

pusbccfc

Carl Baker, Gary Mcsheffery and Bright would all offer something more than Allen going forward.

larry_david

At least Allen works hard. Shipley presses like he should have a beer belly
Shipley presses like he wants you to think he's doing it. There's no pressure at all he just crouches, waves his arms out wide and skips. If push came to shove he'd never tackle in a million years.

Reminds me of only fools when rodney chases that mugger, then catches up with him and suddenly realises, shit what do I do now.

Shipley makes the pressing movements but if that guy just ran at him, he'd get by 9 outa 10 times

*and I bloody like Shipley

larry_david

Another analogy remember playing for sunday league team and you get drawn in the cup against some horrible dead end brum team. You turn up and they're all 6ft 3 6 ft wide. They have the ball, you pretend to press but the reality is you go near him he's 2 footing you in the neck. That's how Shipley presses and it's not good enough

Grendel

In always totally against this type of nonsense but to be honest if it was possible I don’t see how it could make anything worse

cc84cov

In always totally against this type of nonsense but to be honest if it was possible I don’t see how it could make anything worse
On his day he’s better than Shipley & Allen put together problem is he’s a risk and not proven at the level we need players who are at the level...trouble is they cost money 🤷🏻‍♂️

KersleyDigs

I see getting Bright in like bringing in a ringer for a Sunday league cup run. The whole team think he's a bit of a c*nt, he never passes or compliments anyone else and never comes for a pint after BUT, you all put up with it because he gets you wins...

lordy_87

Either way we need more from our midfield going forward. Allen too small and slow, Shipley - if you take away his knack of getting the odd goal what do you actually have? A league 2 player imho. O'Hare not being afforded the same space as he was in league 1. I hope Bapaga and Hilßner can influence because we don't create enough chances and we struggle to transition from defence to attack.

ccfc1234

Walsh is the player we are missing. Hamer has not replaced what he offered the team. Bright light up our team, that made a late charge to the play offs two seasons ago in league one. The step up is clear in terms of quility and he might not make any impact at this level. From an attitude perspective, if the ship is in a storm you need all parties to be committed and together. For that reason a no thanks.

capel & collindridge

a) How long would it take to get him up to speed in terms of fitness?
b) How long would it be before he went AWOL
c) The number of games where his presence would win us points

Even if a<b, would b-a be greater than c?

Answer: it's not rocket science.

Users who are viewing this thread