Would you have bright back? (1 Viewer)

Would you have Bright Back?

• Get him in now - roll out the red carpet!

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Pay as you play/short term contract

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Not in a month of Sundays

Votes: 89 51.1%

• Total voters

cc84cov

How’s it a different story? What’s his record like at this level?
His record across Europe last season was excellent our issue is he looks up and he’s got no options 🤷🏻‍♂️

cc84cov

So how did he do at this level with Wigan?
Yes agreed didn’t go well there but we don’t know the circumstances was he used correct,maybe he reacts to correct man management,I know one thing for certain on his day he’s better than Allen & Shipley put together

SBAndy

So how did he do at this level with Wigan?

Not well, though in fairness(!) he has spent more of his on-pitch time in the Championship than any other league. Was a regular squad fixture in the Wolves team that got promoted.

I do take the point that he hasn’t kicked on but let’s not pretend he has no pedigree at all.

Happy_Martian

Little unfair on Marosi to me. This has more to do with the opposition taking a much higher position for our goal kicks than most L1 teams did. If I recall, only Rotherham and Portsmouth did it to us last season. Marosi has little option but to punt it towards Godden. Add the fact that we dont have Walshed quality to receive the ball and look after it centrally from short goal kicks, then we have come unstuck without any physical presence further up field.

It's purely my point of view. I'm not expecting anyone to agree. But surely, by positioning our CBs around the penalty area to receive short kicks is allowing the opposition to take that much higher position. I'd argue that it's actually encouraging them to push on to us to prevent a short kick to be taken to the CBs. If the CBs played up towards the halfway line, the oppo would have to fall back. It'd logjam the centre of the pitch but we'd take some pressure off ourselves. And we'd have more bodies in position to support Godden or take the second balls. Why we don't do this is either down to MR acknowledging that Godden will run and run but he can't hold the ball up if there's noone to run on to it or that Marosi is struggling with something so we are forced to play a shorter game.

Hobo

Doubt Robins would have him - disruptive attidude in the squad.

mark82

Doubt Robins would have him - disruptive attidude in the squad.

They've tried to sign him a couple of times since he left so he either isn't as bad as made out or they think it's worth the hassle.

That said, I doubt we'll be signing him.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's purely my point of view. I'm not expecting anyone to agree. But surely, by positioning our CBs around the penalty area to receive short kicks is allowing the opposition to take that much higher position. I'd argue that it's actually encouraging them to push on to us to prevent a short kick to be taken to the CBs. If the CBs played up towards the halfway line, the oppo would have to fall back. It'd logjam the centre of the pitch but we'd take some pressure off ourselves. And we'd have more bodies in position to support Godden or take the second balls. Why we don't do this is either down to MR acknowledging that Godden will run and run but he can't hold the ball up if there's noone to run on to it or that Marosi is struggling with something so we are forced to play a shorter game.

Marosi has got to learn when to just boot it under pressure-better conceding a throw in than a goal

higgs

Marosi has got to learn when to just boot it under pressure-better conceding a throw in than a goal
He's also spilling a lot more ball in dangerous areas this season hope he cuts it out of his game because we will give up a lot of needless goals as a result

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

The point is you don’t want to compress the middle of the pitch because then we can’t play. We want to stretch teams by inviting them on, that’s fine except we’ve got Godden up front so opponents can take a leisurely stroll up to the half way line safe in the knowledge no one is going to get in behind them. This compressing the entire game into our half when we’re playing out.

Pace up front is absolutely vital if we want to play in this division.

We might not want Giles at AM, but I’d definitely have him positioned further up when we’re playing out so we have the option of a ball over the top.

SBAndy

The point is you don’t want to compress the middle of the pitch because then we can’t play. We want to stretch teams by inviting them on, that’s fine except we’ve got Godden up front so opponents can take a leisurely stroll up to the half way line safe in the knowledge no one is going to get in behind them. This compressing the entire game into our half when we’re playing out.

Pace up front is absolutely vital if we want to play in this division.

We might not want Giles at AM, but I’d definitely have him positioned further up when we’re playing out so we have the option of a ball over the top.

Part of the reason I’d also bring Walker in up top tonight. Unlikely, I know. That bit more pace, plus having the wing backs’ starting position higher than the midfield base is crucial.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Good move for Posh,I would imagine he’s been offered to us and we’ve declined if he’s going there for a trial 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is it a good move for them? It certainly has the potential to be a good move, but as good as he can quite clearly be it's entirely unpredictable which Bright is going to turn up.

cc84cov

Is it a good move for them? It certainly has the potential to be a good move, but as good as he can quite clearly be it's entirely unpredictable which Bright is going to turn up.
On his day is miles ahead of what we currently have at AM,he’s not done much since leaving us tho,he seems to be a player who needs the right man management,Darren Ferguson is a good manager seems to be doing well with JCH there currently also

KenilworthSkyBlue

On his day is miles ahead of what we currently have at AM,he’s not done much since leaving us tho,he seems to be a player who needs the right man management,Darren Ferguson is a good manager seems to be doing well with JCH there currently also

Personally, I think getting out the best of JCH and getting the best out of Bright are two entirely different tasks.

JCH sulks when things don't go his way and if his wages don't reflect his contribution to the team. At the minute he's free scoring, is valued by both MacAnthony and Ferguson and I suspect he's very well paid. I don't think it's actually that difficult to get the best out of JCH, you just need to press the right buttons and appease him from time to time which clearly just didn't happen whilst he was playing here - which in my opinion that was largely down to Robins, but that's only my opinion.

Bright on the other hand is a complete maverick. Late for training sessions or just doesn't turn up at all, clearly motivated solely by money and seems to care little for the club he's playing at. His quality doesn't come into the equation in the discussion of ability as he clearly has talent in abundance, it's his attitude that's the problem. Hence why I feel he'll replicate the career of someone like Ravel Morrison. Just become a journeyman until he eventually stops getting chances.

Frostie

Can't believe people are still debating whether we should be interested in him.

Left us in May 2019 & only started a grand total of 1 game & made 2 sub appearances since.

His contract at AEK was torn up due to "a series of disciplinary offences".

Listen to the interviews with some of the City players who played with him - he went AWOL whenever he felt like it, didn't turn up for team meetings etc.
We're well shot of him.

cc84cov

Better than O'Hare?! 😯

This could either be a fantastic signing for Posh, or a terrible signing for Posh.

Much like when Bright played for us, he was either anonymous or great.
Look what O’Hare done in league 1 compared to Brigh

Jamesimus

Impact sub,Bright was running games
On his own starting not coming on for a late cameo

He wasn't. When he played well he was very good and I would never disagree with that. But it seems as though you are forgetting the games where he might as well have not been playing that day?

The difference is solely in attitude and Bright may well be more technically gifted, but what a difference attitude and application makes. When O'Hare is having a bad game (he's had a couple this season) he doesn't stop working hard for the team.

Frostie

Think you've got slightly rose tinted specs.
No doubting his ability but we only won 6 games that he played in.
He also cost us a probable win with a stupid sending off, ironically your favourite Jamie Allen got the winner in the end for Burton.

Jamesimus

Would love to see Bright do the following things before I consider his return to us...

Go up for a header, split his head open on a player twice his size, but play on anyway.

Do numerous 20km +++ runs a week when not playing / on off-season, all at a quicker pace than someone doing a rapid 5km.

Graft for 90 mins even when we're losing / things aren't going his way.

Wear a Sky Blue wig.

SlowerThanPlatt

What you are forgetting is they let him do as he wished, this wouldn’t happen in the Championship as he would be just another player and it wouldn’t take long just like at all of his other clubs to go pear shaped.

Mucca Mad Boys

There’s a reason Bright’s career has nosedived after he left us.

He was a great player for us, but it’s clear he took the piss and got away with it because he was the best player on the pitch for us. This is not the player you want involved in a relegation scrap.

Besides, he’s barely kicked a ball for 2 years, you’d be mad to even consider it.

Skyblue_CP

Are people serious? Id take him in a heartbeat, I like both Allen and O'Hare as their workrate is outstanding but you wont see either brushing past a couple of players and sticking it bottom corner, Bright for his faults attitude wise is miles ahead of both on technical ability, O'Hare has 6 goals 7 assists in 55 games, Allen has 1 in 22 both in a much better side. Bright had 6 goals 4 assists in 18 and had Chaplin, Baka and Hiwula up there with him.

Users who are viewing this thread