Wimbledon sold out on day 1 (1 Viewer)

stupot07

The original system, which I was an advocate of, would not be fit for purpose as our support grows.
If you can afford to go to Leicester than you can definitely afford to take in one of the less popular away games and build your points.

The points system will not keep widening the gap, as points drop off the opportunity to push yourself into a higher bracket will remain.
I've just creeped in to the top bracket but will more than likely drop a category next season, I have absolutely no problem with that.

When every away game stops getting past the first couple of point categories then it will be time to talk about balloting, but until then, this is just about people wanting to go to the glamor games without putting the hard yards in.

That's pretty unfair. It's not even about it being a glamour game, it's local and easy to get to, it's on a Sunday of which I can go to, I have other commitments on a Saturday, I can get up to the CBS but I really struggle to travel away on a Saturday, as I do in a week day.

My 12 year old was heartbroken that we missed out on tickets even though we have 800 points.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

That's pretty unfair. It's not even about it being a glamour game, it's local and easy to get to, it's on a Sunday of which I can go to, I have other commitments on a Saturday, I can get up to the CBS but I really struggle to travel away on a Saturday, as I do in a week day.

My 12 year old was heartbroken that we missed out on tickets even though we have 800 points.

Fair enough, and that's unfortunate, but there has to be some sort of system, and there's always going to be people who fall victim to circumstance.
Our next 3 away league games after Leicester are Swansea, Hull and Cardiff.
I doubt many people who want to go will have trouble getting a ticket, and given that's where we are as a club it really doesn't suggest its a closed shop or that it warrants a ballot system in my opinion.

theferret

We are not even close to it , people annoyed they missed out on a Leicester ticket .. like i said they won't give a shit about Plymouth away midweek getting home at 3/4 am

I guess there is a lot of noise about it at the moment as 5 of last 6 away games (QPR, Boro x 2, Leicester and Wimbledon) have not made it beyond points windows. It will settle though and there will be opportunities for next set of away games.

Old Warwickshire lad

The same argument comes up every time. People were not happy with season ticket holders getting priority and called for a points system.
So now they are not happy with a points system.
What can the club do ?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Sorry but this has been outlined at length on page 2 and 3 but in a nutshell, why should we change the whole system because your 12 year old is heartbroken? You get tickets for big games based on merit, not emotional guilt tripping. In 2012, we only took 1900 to Leicester embarrassingly and I’m delighted that there’s now demand for our games.

There’s a hardcore that have been doing shit grounds and games since we dropped to league 2, and quite rightly, they’re at the front of the queue - providing they keep renewing and attending.

Even if the club did ballot 20-30%, with 800 points, you and your son wouldn’t have been guaranteed a ticket anyway… it would have been 900 tickets balloted between the 5-6K that would have wanted them.

Welcome to the club, you have to attend the shit games to get tickets for the big demand ones.

TomRad85

All I know is, now my wife is freeing up at weekends a bit to look help look after our son, I'll be able to make a few more home games and I was hoping all London away weekend games. Hoping I don't miss out with this points rubbish as for me that's still my best opportunity to see my team.
Might have to start putting beg posts on here I suppose, which isn't beneath me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

WestEndAgro

How about a small allocation of away season tickets for the one's with limited points, commit to the whole season.
Or would they sell them on. Limit the points but make it attractive enough to consider.
No doubt there would be some teething problems.

Throws grenade and leaves.

shmmeee

I propose a The 1% Club style system where all fans have to answer increasingly harder CCFC trivia questions until there’s only as many fans as tickets remaining.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Everybody should queue at the ticket office for tickets. No online sales no points. Sorted
I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek as it alienates those who live further away and can't just pop over to get a ticket. Plus depending on when they're released you'd have people at work unable to get there either. Unless the plan is to sell the tickets on the day of the game and all the problems that would entail.

Why would you want to make it more difficult for people to buy your product?

rob9872

How about a small allocation of away season tickets for the one's with limited points, commit to the whole season.
Or would they sell them on. Limit the points but make it attractive enough to consider.
No doubt there would be some teething problems.

Throws grenade and leaves.
There is no ideal solution tbh. I'm fact I'd buy away season tickets if we could and I'm top priority. Certainly couldn't be seen to favouring some with less points that wouldn't go down well.

What I'd say is build your points on the less attractive games and next season you'll be able to choose the better ones. I still don't understand how some think it's ok that someone who travels all over should miss out because someone else fancies a nice day out. I wasn't a fan of the points being introduced but it's definitely the fairest option. I think one of the issue is that some of those who wanted the points introduced had a much better chance in a free for all than what they have now.

I'd also add that I've been FGR, MK Don's and Exeter preseason ( we were away for Shrewsbury or would've done that too), no points added, yet saw lots of the same faces I see at other away games and there is simply a bunch of idiots like me, who foe whatever reason would to the moon and watch because we love the club. I'm not saying more than others because I know not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to afford to go, but it does demonstrate a level of dedication and would ne unfair for any of those to miss out.

Saddlebrains

The crying about points always makes me laugh

I don't usually go any away games but I've got nearly 1200 points due to ST's and the odd away game like Blackpool

I like to lord it and let people beneath me fight over why I should let them use my supporter number for tickets, whilst simultaneously adding to my points

Its funny

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek as it alienates those who live further away and can't just pop over to get a ticket. Plus depending on when they're released you'd have people at work unable to get there either. Unless the plan is to sell the tickets on the day of the game and all the problems that would entail.

Why would you want to make it more difficult for people to buy your product?
Take time off work show some commitment

Mucca Mad Boys

How are people getting to this match? I’ve bought my ticket without a plan on how best to get to the game!

SBT

Failed again. I don’t want to over-react, but it’s time for the points system experiment to be scrapped once and for all.

David O'Day

The same argument comes up every time. People were not happy with season ticket holders getting priority and called for a points system.
So now they are not happy with a points system.
What can the club do ?
improve the system if needed

*not saying they need to but even they will admit it isn't perfect

Mucca Mad Boys

Failed again. I don’t want to over-react, but it’s time for the points system experiment to be scrapped once and for all.
I don’t think that’s what caused you miss out. There was 50 tickets available and when I first went on the tickets nothing was available. Then, something came available all of a sudden meaning I probably benefitted from someone else’s session expiring.

SBT

I don’t think that’s what caused you miss out. There was 50 tickets available and when I first went on the tickets nothing was available. Then, something came available all of a sudden meaning I probably benefitted from someone else’s session expiring.
I think it should be replaced with an auction system. Time to maximise those revenues.

rob9872

I think it should be replaced with an auction system. Time to maximise those revenues.
I know it's a joke, but we don't get revenue from away games. Could do it for home though and Overson and Dawkins could buy all the tickets and only allow GIMOC and Tom Grennan to go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread