Wimbledon sold out on day 1 (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

and if we have a bad season or two. Demand will massively drop off. It’s swings and round abouts.
FWIW this system isn’t perfect as no system will be. This is the fairest I can see even with its imperfections which I acknowledge

Yeah agree with all of that, and acknowledge no perfect system. I'm not arguing this solution isn't the right one either, but if we're successful and get to the PL there's a risk it creates a closed shop.

Therefore the argument that younger/newer fans will struggle is 100% legitimate, which could have a negative impact longer-term.

Couple of potential options that could help;
- Reduce the tiering for a set number of away fixtures, to provide a definite opportunity for fans to get away tickets
- Reduced % of tickets that go to the next tier

Doesn't change the idea that the most loyal fans will get tickets, as they should, however also provides some opportunities for others to go, were we to get to that point, and allows them to gradually move their points up.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm sure the abuse is exaggerated as usual on here .. it will be a small minority .. but again i ask , what's the solution ?

Exactly this - hardly worth the hassle if you've already got the points - the extra 10 or 15 points (whatever it is) is hardly going to make a difference to the vast majority who have accumulated the higher points, and as others have pointed out, these supporters are the ones who travel to most games.

theferret

Basically, any ST holder for the last 2 years will get a ticket for all away games except Leicester / WBA / Blues this season. People should stop panicking.

What you basing that on? Last season, after the world cup break, we sold out every single weekend away game and many of those within top priority windows. Using your 2 season ticket example last season, you'd have missed out on Blues, Albion, QPR, Boro x 2, Reading and Swansea. Also Huddersfield, Sheff United, Watford and Rotherham were close but just made general ST holders before selling out. That's my recollection anyway.

I'm fine with the system btw, and I agree re midweek games, but demand for away tickets is exceptionally high at the moment, so even with 2 season tickets you'd miss out on a lot.

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly this - hardly worth the hassle if you've already got the points - the extra 10 or 15 points (whatever it is) is hardly going to make a difference to the vast majority who have accumulated the higher points, and as others have pointed out, these supporters are the ones who travel to most games.
Bit frustrating for us on 870 though, this game was 30 points and would have got us into the next tier. Very small allocation though and I don’t see a fairer way of doing it.

shmmeee

its called loyalty. they have accumulated them points to go to them games to begin with when we were shite...PUSB

Point of order, we’ve not been shite for years so no one has any points for watching us being shite (apart from the Wrexham game last season).

Bugsy

Point of order, we’ve not been shite for years so no one has any points for watching us being shite (apart from the Wrexham game last season).

well that's the last time I provide you with a link to a free football stream :ROFLMAO:

CV22SBA

What you basing that on? Last season, after the world cup break, we sold out every single weekend away game and many of those within top priority windows. Using your 2 season ticket example last season, you'd have missed out on Blues, Albion, QPR, Boro x 2, Reading and Swansea. Also Huddersfield, Sheff United, Watford and Rotherham were close but just made general ST holders before selling out. That's my recollection anyway.

I'm fine with the system btw, and I agree re midweek games, but demand for away tickets is exceptionally high at the moment, so even with 2 season tickets you'd miss out on a lot.
I named Blues & albion.
Reading, QPR & Swansea all made the ST only window irrelevant of points and Boro obviously sold out for a reason, it will make GS this season. We didn't even sell out a reduced allocation at Sunderland on the first day of the season.

My point is after the first few games people will get tickets.

letsallsingtogether

The only other acceptable solution imo is to ballot around 5% of the tickets .. but again, why should the club do this when we didn't sell 100% of away games out last season
Because people want to pick the biggest games and moan like bitches when they cant get one.
Like Ive said before I had 600 points last season got to all the away games I wanted without cheating.

letsallsingtogether

Are you gor real?
So you expect the home team to have all the turnstiles manned so they can check IDs you expect people to take their passports to the football.
It takes an age to get into some of these grounds, Huddesfield last season was a nightmare imagine also having your id checked aswell.

theferret

I named Blues & albion.
Reading, QPR & Swansea all made the ST only window irrelevant of points and Boro obviously sold out for a reason, it will make GS this season. We didn't even sell out a reduced allocation at Sunderland on the first day of the season.

My point is after the first few games people will get tickets.
Reading and QPR didn't make ST only window. Swansea did, so was mistaken on that one.

Hear what you're saying though. There won't be a massive scrum for Swansea and Hull tickets, so will be opportunities.

Last edited:

King Robins

It's like the scheme was created by tories.. to let the the rich get richer.

Us peasants who have been season ticket holders for 3 seasons still get left behind

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm not retired and I got back from Blackburn at 1:30 am and had work at 5:30 .

Same shitty journeys with preston as you say the m6 is wank ..

I attended 43 of the 46 league games last season

My points are what they are because of that

Firstly, I want to commend you. That takes some doing!

Secondly, I’m here for you to pick up extra points for any games you can’t make! 😂👀

Marty

The system works well imo, the people who go most often get priority, it's only the local games and really small allocations that the fans with smaller points tally will struggle getting tickets for. Its the same faces every week at away games and has been for years. I do quite a lot, 10-15 a season and have no qualms about losing out to people who devote their lives, travelling around the country following the club. I do have a ticket for Leicester.

I can't believe people are suggesting ID check points, papers please.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Why are you lying??

Reading - sold out at ST holders (general)
Sheffield United (Boxing Day) - didn’t sell out
Burnley - didn’t sell out, or if it did (checking CCFC Twitter) it was on general sale for 10 days minimum before it did
West Brom - sold out at 400 points
Rotherham - general sale
Preston - didn’t sell out
Huddersfield - sold out at general sale
Wigan - could buy on the night
Blackpool - sold out four days after general sale
Swansea - sold out six days after general sale
QPR - sold out at either season ticket holder/general sale. Can’t tell because of time.
Blackburn - didn’t sell out
Middlesbrough - sold out at 500 points

It’s a closed shop!!!! No one can get on the points ladder!!!!

Last edited:

Evo1883

We averaged just over 2000 , the leagues 5th highest ...Sunderland averaged about 2600

This PROVES we have plenty of seats available at a few away games .

End of

clint van damme

We averaged just over 2000 , the leagues 5th highest ...Sunderland averaged about 2600

This PROVES we have plenty of seats available at a few away games .

End of

If every away game was sold out by people with x amount of points then that would be a closed shop and Id agree with some tickets going to ballot, but its clearly not the case.

There's way for people to get their points up, it's up to them whether they take it or not.

theferret

Why are you lying??

Reading - sold out at ST holders (general)
Sheffield United (Boxing Day) - didn’t sell out
Burnley - didn’t sell out, or if it did (checking CCFC Twitter) it was on general sale for 10 days minimum before it did
West Brom - sold out at 400 points
Rotherham - general sale
Preston - didn’t sell out
Huddersfield - sold out at general sale
Wigan - could buy on the night
Blackpool - sold out four days after general sale
Swansea - sold out six days after general sale
QPR - sold out at either season ticket holder/general sale. Can’t tell because of time.
Blackburn - didn’t sell out
Middlesbrough - sold out at 500 points

It’s a closed shop!!!! No one can get on the points ladder!!!!

Out of that list of games, I only said two or three sold out in higher priority periods. I was also mistaken about SU not quite selling out. You've gone to great lengths there to disprove something I didnt actually say, including listing night games which I explicitly didn't include. I simply said there would be a few games more than the other poster had listed that would sell before general ST holders and have a few examples from last season. Who said it was a closed shop? All I was doing was making the point that some games will be restricted to those with higher points tallies, this has already been the case for the 1st two away games, but yes there will be plenty of opportunity for people to attend games and build points.

Fwiw, your list isn't correct anyway. QPR for example sold out before general ST holders.

Last edited:

stupot07

What in your opinion would be better

Before the points we had a free for all
There was nothing wrong with the original system, just because some super fans missed out for Bournemouth game they changed it. Season ticket holders and members rightly got first priority as they commit their cash upfront.

The points system has made it even more of a closed shop, the small minority that can both afford and are able to go to all or most away games automatically now get tickets ring fenced for them by the number of points they have.

Those that can't afford to or are unable to go to most/every away game due to finances or other commitments, will likely never be able to get an away ticket.

Given where we are, where we are now. The only solution is to ring-fence 20-30% to a ballot system.

You are fortunate to be able to afford and are available to go to nearly every away game, so for you it's win-win. But the rest of us, and I've had a season tickets for 20 years, I couldn't get a Leicester ticket, and will likely struggle to get away tickets for the odd games I am available for.

And the points system continues to widen the gap, and like I said it's a closed shop now.

You won't agree as you benefit from it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

David O'Day

There was nothing wrong with the original system, just because some super fans missed out for Bournemouth game they changed it. Season ticket holders and members rightly got first priority as they commit their cash upfront.

The points system has made it even more of a closed shop, the small minority that can both afford and are able to go to all or most away games automatically now get tickets ring fenced for them by the number of points they have.

Those that can't afford to or are unable to go to most/every away game due to finances or other commitments, will likely never be able to get an away ticket.

Given where we are, where we are now. The only solution is to ring-fence 20-30% to a ballot system.

You are fortunate to be able to afford and are available to go to nearly every away game, so for you it's win-win. But the rest of us, and I've had a season tickets for 20 years, I couldn't get a Leicester ticket, and will likely struggle to get away tickets for the odd games I am available for.

And the points system continues to widen the gap, and like I said it's a closed shop now.

My only issue with the original system was when they give tickets to the farmers supporters club, that was the issue with Bournemouth, the fact that they didn't have to join the scrum like everyone else.

theferret

Personally I'm alright because I have nearly 1600 points, and I do think a loyalty system is needed, but I would be in favour of a slight tweak that kept some in reserve for high demand games that went to a ballot.

I don't think it is a closed shop (despite being accused of saying that by others) because there are plenty of games that will make general ST holders and some will make general sale. I think Swansea, Hull and Cardiff will go beyond priority windows.

clint van damme

The original system, which I was an advocate of, would not be fit for purpose as our support grows.
If you can afford to go to Leicester than you can definitely afford to take in one of the less popular away games and build your points.

The points system will not keep widening the gap, as points drop off the opportunity to push yourself into a higher bracket will remain.
I've just creeped in to the top bracket but will more than likely drop a category next season, I have absolutely no problem with that.

When every away game stops getting past the first couple of point categories then it will be time to talk about balloting, but until then, this is just about people wanting to go to the glamor games without putting the hard yards in.

David O'Day

Personally I'm alright because I have nearly 1600 points, and I do think a loyalty system is needed, but I would be in favour of a slight tweak that kept some in reserve for high demand games that went to a ballot.

I don't think it is a closed shop (despite being accused of saying that by others) because there are plenty of games that will make general ST holders and some will make general sale. I think Swansea, Hull and Cardiff will go beyond priority windows.
My United supporting mates have said they have to enter ballots to get away tickets. When demand outstrips available tickets they set a qualifying amount and then those people enter a ballot.

Evo1883

I benefit from the system , as does my 11 year old and 14 year old .. because we went to all the matches ..

My old man used to queue sometimes for 2 hours just to get tickets , every week .

I drive a bin lorry , nothing special about my wage my spare money all goes to CCFC

clint van damme

I benefit from the system , as does my 11 year old and 14 year old .. because we went to all the matches ..

My old man used to queue sometimes for 2 hours just to get tickets , every week .

I drive a bin lorry , nothing special about my wage my spare money all goes to CCFC

Can you stop editing this post please Evo?
I've given it a like and if you put something I disagree with Im going to have to unlike it, thanks for your cooperation.

Users who are viewing this thread