Wimbledon sold out on day 1 (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

You can only buy one ticket per supporter number - it doesn’t make a ton of sense for people to buy tickets just for the points if they’re not also planning to attend the away games anyway. I’d be amazed if it becomes a widespread problem.
It will do and it’s common at bigger clubs too where there’s a pressure. Once you’ve attained the privileged status of 1100+ points, there’s an incentive to get tickets and resell them to keep accumulating points. I really don’t think there’d have been a rush to sell out Wimbledon away without it.

Before, the top privilege was being a ST holder only. Which didn’t reward fans who followed us at cup games and away matches.

Unlike the England system where you need to collect tickets and have ID to get them.

Bugsy

A ballot system may be required - which prioritises people with the most loyalty points without making it a closed shop. It’s frustrating looking at sale windows and knowing I won’t get in - I’ve got 850 points or so.

That’s a bit of a sophisticated solution at this moment in time. A longer term solution, especially if we’re successful this year and onwards.

I've got the same amount of points as you, that's why I'm going to Exeter this Saturday instead of Leicester, I've just got to accept that I will only get to the games I can get to and can manage to get tickets for.

Evo1883

It will do and it’s common at bigger clubs too where there’s a pressure. Once you’ve attained the privileged status of 1100+ points, there’s an incentive to get tickets and resell them to keep accumulating points. I really don’t think there’d have been a rush to sell out Wimbledon away without it.

Before, the top privilege was being a ST holder only. Which didn’t reward fans who followed us at cup games and away matches.

Unlike the England system where you need to collect tickets and have ID to get them.
If the away end is full , the we sold out Wimbledon because fans wanted to go , not because of points .. it's also a new ground for many , a thing fans seem to forget

Evo1883

I've got the same amount of points as you, that's why I'm going to Exeter this Saturday instead of Leicester, I've just got to accept that I will only get to the games I can get to and can manage to get tickets for.
Nobody will be moaning about tickets for the midweek trip to Plymouth, and that's why this argument of fans saying points are unfair doesn't hold water

Mucca Mad Boys

Right so why do you have 850 points and I have 1550 .. and why should I have the same priority as you .. in your opinion

There's a reason you have 850 though
I never said I should have more priority.

What I am getting at is that if the system becomes a closed shop, it is possible it could deter a lot of newer fans from following the club away.

There’s been a quite a lot of games I’ve really wanted to get tickets to but couldn’t because of availability and not getting a chance.

Evo1883

What I am getting at is that if the system becomes a closed shop, it is possible it could deter a lot of newer fans from following the club away.

There’s been a quite a lot of games I’ve really wanted to get tickets to but couldn’t because of availability and not getting a chance.
But last season we never sold out all our away games .. there will be several matches this season where fans can go that aren't sold out and they can probably add a couple hundred points to their total ..

CV22SBA

So loyal fans who followed us away when we were shite should miss out now newer fans can jump on the bandwagon?

Evo1883

Must be a right bastard for those clubs with waiting lists for season tickets .. they should ballot them every year 🙄

Mucca Mad Boys

So loyal fans who followed us away when we were shite should miss out now newer fans can jump on the bandwagon?
ST holders are hardly bandwagoners. There’s a risk that the points system will close off away games to the most ‘elite’ fans.

There’s no control that the fan ID using their priority to get the ticket is actually the one using it on the day.

That lack of control, has obvious loopholes.

I agree that those of you with most points deserve the most priority but if every allocation fails to get out of the 900+ points window - that’s a problem.

clint van damme

There's an easy way to get your points up, get a season ticket and go away to Preston, Cardiff midweek etc.
Of course some people can't do this, which is unfortunate, but there is a route to getting your points up.

I think most away games made it to general sale last season, certainly a fair percentage did.

CV22SBA

ST holders are hardly bandwagoners. There’s a risk that the points system will close off away games to the most ‘elite’ fans.

There’s no control that the fan ID using their priority to get the ticket is actually the one using it on the day.

That lack of control, has obvious loopholes.

I agree that those of you with most points deserve the most priority but if every allocation fails to get out of the 900+ points window - that’s a problem.
You said it puts newer fans off following the club away, not ST holders.

David O'Day

But last season we never sold out all our away games .. there will be several matches this season where fans can go that aren't sold out and they can probably add a couple hundred points to their total ..
We'll sell out not many away games, local teams, relegated teams and london

Mucca Mad Boys

You said it puts newer fans off following the club away, not ST holders.

Newer fans can also have season tickets…

CV22SBA

We'll sell out not many away games, local teams, relegated teams and london
Local teams yes, relegated teams possibly Leeds but not Saints as its midweek. London teams, QPR yes if playing weel as big allocation but we never sell out Millwall although we do tend to take more each season.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

After Swansea we have Hull & Cardiff away. Big allocations and during the week. Anyone worried about points should easily get a ticket for these ones. Wait for the excuses.....

Imagine how much you’d get laughed at if you joined the Man Utd away membership and complained you didn’t get away tickets straight away for Man City or Liverpool away etc but refused to do Forest or Fulham away…. You wouldn’t gather much sympathy and get told to earn your place.

We had to put up with nonsense and tears about the play off final. If you went to 6 home games in 3 years or something daft you were guaranteed a ticket.

I’ve missed out on a Scotland away ticket this week, missing the cut off by 6 points but it’s a small allocation and I’ve not been able to do as many England away games in the last year whilst renovating a house and the sizeable cost. No point complaining. Just crack on and do the crap games until I get back up there and hopefully have enough points to get some Euros tickets.

Irish Sky Blue

As has been mentioned though, not too many away games sold out last season. I’m lucky, I’m retired and can afford the time and the money to attend games such as Wigan, Preston and Blackburn away last season. I have a son living in Stockport who comes with me to these games iso that is an added bonus.

The fact is that those games didn’t sell out and anyone attending would have boosted their points. It costs a fair bit of money to attend such matches with ticket and fuel prices what they are. You then have to factor in the horrendous journey back down the M6 with all of the night closures that entails. I know I’m fortunate but I do put the time, effort and money into following City up and down the country. I do think it’s fair that the system rewards supporters like me with priority booking. It’s much better that the frantic fight for tickets that occurred before this system, at ten on a Monday morning.

I take your point about ‘closed shop’ maybe putting some supporters off, but at the moment it is only closed for a few select games.

I missed out on the sale of Wimbledon tickets, ( I didn’t realise they were on sale), so no thirty points added to my total, but I have bought one in the home end so will still go.

Evo1883

As has been mentioned though, not too many away games sold out last season. I’m lucky, I’m retired and can afford the time and the money to attend games such as Wigan, Preston and Blackburn away last season. I have a son living in Stockport who comes with me to these games iso that is an added bonus.

The fact is that those games didn’t sell out and anyone attending would have boosted their points. It costs a fair bit of money to attend such matches with ticket and fuel prices what they are. You then have to factor in the horrendous journey back down the M6 with all of the night closures that entails. I know I’m fortunate but I do put the time, effort and money into following City up and down the country. I do think it’s fair that the system rewards supporters like me with priority booking. It’s much better that the frantic fight for tickets that occurred before this system, at ten on a Monday morning.

I take your point about ‘closed shop’ maybe putting some supporters off, but at the moment it is only closed for a few select games.

I missed out on the sale of Wimbledon tickets, ( I didn’t realise they were on sale), so no thirty points added to my total, but I have bought one in the home end so will still go.
I'm not retired and I got back from Blackburn at 1:30 am and had work at 5:30 .

Same shitty journeys with preston as you say the m6 is wank ..

I attended 43 of the 46 league games last season

My points are what they are because of that

Yorkshire SB

As an FYI Leeds eventually had to change their system as it became a closed shop, as others have said, so there’s merit to the argument.

Kingokings204

Demand is increasing significantly though

and if we have a bad season or two. Demand will massively drop off. It’s swings and round abouts.
FWIW this system isn’t perfect as no system will be. This is the fairest I can see even with its imperfections which I acknowledge

Irish Sky Blue

I'm not retired and I got back from Blackburn at 1:30 am and had work at 5:30 .

Same shitty journeys with preston as you say the m6 is wank ..

I attended 43 of the 46 league games last season

My points are what they are because of that
Same total as me but I have to confess I was still in my bed when you were setting off to work!

Evo1883

Fuckinell, how good is it to be moaning about not being able to get tickets!

Before MR returned we struggled to give them away.

What a journey we're on 🩵
Struggled to give them away .

Exactly

Users who are viewing this thread