Wimbledon sold out on day 1 (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

I need to be more on the ball. Would’ve liked to have ticked this off the ever growing list of grounds.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Maybe not 500, but it's a significant and apparently growing issue as I mentioned on the Leicester tickets thread.
Lots buying for the points and then reselling. It's a major flaw with the current points system and this will be exploited more and more if we have a good season.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

If anyone is willing to re-sell, I would love to buy 2 tickets for myself and my old man.

We don't get to many games being down south, so it would be greatly appreciated

SBT

Stuck on 840 points and genuinely not sure if I’ll make it up to 900 if we have a good season!

Home end it is…

chiefdave

At least 500 out of the 1,200 sold were bought just for the points by people with no intention of going
Shouldn’t be too hard to match ticket numbers with tickets scanned for entry. Deduct points for those who do this.

obv you’d still have a problem with games like Leicester where people will be able to sell them on so the ticket still gets used

Mucca Mad Boys

The tiered system is being a bit of a racket at the minute. For in-demand games, I totally agree with the concept. For games like Wimbledon with a premium points offering, the system is clearly being abused.

It’s going to close off access for a lot of people.

CV22SBA

My mate bought a kids one for £7 for the points

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I thought you couldn’t do this because for the Leicester game it would not allow you to buy an U18 ticket without an adult ticket. Why would they suddenly change this for Wimbledon? Kids tickets were also £5.

SBT

It’s a pain in the arse, but the only solution is to match every ticket to an ID, and no-one wants that. I doubt the system is being abused THAT much, and buying tickets is always about who you know to some extent, there’s no getting around it.

Evo1883

Fans missing out on tickets is not a new concept , maybe to our fans it might be , and maybe the shell shock of It actually happening hurts some .. but the reality is most people with higher points attended more games and have been rewarded for such loyalty .. fact

Sky Blue Pete

The only other acceptable solution imo is to ballot around 5% of the tickets .. but again, why should the club do this when we didn't sell 100% of away games out last season
I think it’s not perfect but it works well and club are open to consider

Bugsy

Personally, I think its bullshit. Fans who have over 1K points is because they went to away games over the last few years. Why would they suddenly start not going to games just to get the points when the football is so much better.

its called loyalty. they have accumulated them points to go to them games to begin with when we were shite...PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

its called loyalty. they have accumulated them points to go to them games to begin with when we were shite...PUSB
Yes agree but it is clearly open to abuse as are buying tickets and reselling them so they accumulate points for matches they’re not going to.

Bugsy

Yes agree but it is clearly open to abuse as are buying tickets and reselling them so they accumulate points for matches they’re not going to.

I don't disagree with that, but certain supporters have put time and effort and money home and away in the club when we were in league 2 way before more fans wanted the tickets. I accept though they need to filter out if fans are conning the system no doubt.

SBT

You can only buy one ticket per supporter number - it doesn’t make a ton of sense for people to buy tickets just for the points if they’re not also planning to attend the away games anyway. I’d be amazed if it becomes a widespread problem.

Mucca Mad Boys

I'm sure the abuse is exaggerated as usual on here .. it will be a small minority .. but again i ask , what's the solution ?
A ballot system may be required - which prioritises people with the most loyalty points without making it a closed shop. It’s frustrating looking at sale windows and knowing I won’t get in - I’ve got 850 points or so.

That’s a bit of a sophisticated solution at this moment in time. A longer term solution, especially if we’re successful this year and onwards.

Evo1883

A ballot system may be required - which prioritises people with the most loyalty points without making it a closed shop. It’s frustrating looking at sale windows and knowing I won’t get in - I’ve got 850 points or so.

That’s a bit of a sophisticated solution at this moment in time. A longer term solution, especially if we’re successful this year and onwards.
Right so why do you have 850 points and I have 1550 .. and why should I have the same priority as you .. in your opinion

There's a reason you have 850 though

Users who are viewing this thread