William Storey (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

The Sunderland fans have him as 100% charlatan and b&llsh*tter.

The Philosopher

You can see why Joy was taken in. He’s obviously name dropped some serious individuals and has created his “Rich Energy” brand via notoriety almost. His logo was a straight copy and therefore the logo / branding didn’t cost too much.

The Hoffman link seems to be:

Storey: “If I buy the club would you get involved”
GH: “Ok yeah”

Doesn’t look to have been a stronger link than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

slowpoke

I think he is irrelevant our new owner seems certain to be Doug King, if he has an issue with this apparent agreement he had with sisu that’s between him and them.
Let them batter each other in court.

slowpoke

You can see why Joy was taken in. He’s obviously name dropped some serious individuals and has created his “Rich Energy” brand via notoriety almost. His logo was a straight copy and therefore the logo / branding didn’t cost too much.

The Hoffman link seems to be:

Storey: “If I buy the club would you get involved”
GH: “Ok yeah”
Is that a possibility with Doug King too ?

The Philosopher

Is that a possibility with Doug King too ?
I think King’s portfolios have performed better and have some headroom due to oil and gas (I think I read somewhere he did well with some oil hedge funds?)

Edit:

I think the common thought is that this takeover is just shifting the Arvo debt / investment off SISU’s books onto King’s portfolio.

Maybe absorbing the Arvo funds can be beneficial to a degree in terms of tax but there seems to be talk of things going in and out of Cayman’s. Others on here might have better insight.

What I think that means in plain terms is that whoever SISU owed money to which was stacked as debt against CCFC, King will now be liable to pay, and those investors : investments may be more confident/comfortable to be part of the King sphere.

Nevertheless, if King’s businesses have more wool on their back then we may have a more stable picture.

Storey? I’m not convinced but he did say he’d buy the club off King. Sounds plain fishy.

Plus, Storey looks like he’s been drawn by crayon by an eight year old.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vow

slowpoke

Should be interesting and of course having you know who and his Fraser group lurking in the background makes things more interesting.

Tomh111

I said it in another thread but he is an absolute spiv, with a shit beard and a shitter haircut.

Rich energy have been sued for stealing the recipe of red bull, stealing the logo of another company and there was reports that they didn't pay Haas sponsorship money.

The whole company and this Storey bloke are almost certainly a fraud. They are reliant on PR/Media coverage to retain legitimacy, chipping in with high profile but ultimately failed sponsorship/ownership.

At some point it will all unravel and some backers of his will end up with burnt fingers.

I would rather stay with SISU than end up a pawn in his PR game.

slowpoke

There are all sorts of ifs and buts with Storey’s attempted takeover talk all taken with a large pinch of salt but it has to be said also with Doug King’s apparent takeover, on the face of it with what he has said I’m fine with it but what does King’s 85% represent for example could he sell it on, what hold does Sepalla have for her 15% and what does she get in return is it 15% of income get to the prem. that could be a few million a year, wil she (sisu) pay 15% of expenditure remember top championship clubs pay top championship wages & Premiership clubs pay Premiership wages a lot more than they put in now, there’s seems to be more questions than answers .

zuni

If storey is jackanory surely the big names he keeps name dropping would publicly deny any business relationship with him? Or by staying quiet are they keeping their distance and hoping he goes away?

slowpoke

If storey is jackanory surely the big names he keeps name dropping would publicly deny any business relationship with him? Or by staying quiet are they keeping their distance and hoping he goes away?
Or he’s fronting them. That Steve Dudman he has been linked with is on paper a bit different to him.

CDK

If the king deal is iffy why is it robins and fit and proper person rule is on the way to be passed,with robins excited by it.
On the other bloke the sisu agreement is no where to be seen he hasn't offered his copy on twitter or the press.Storey should put up or shut up.

shmmeee

Wait. So his only active involvement in business is Sales Director at Wolf Jerky?

Wolf Jerky where a video game item has higher search rankings than his business and seemingly isn’t for sale anywhere? And whose website consists of just a logo image?

chiefdave

Does he actually have any money or is he just good at getting people to believe he has so he gets everything free as they think he's an important person

Flying Fokker

Wait. So his only active involvement in business is Sales Director at Wolf Jerky?

Wolf Jerky where a video game item has higher search rankings than his business and seemingly isn’t for sale anywhere? And whose website consists of just a logo image?
Looks like it…Fit and proper comes to mind? Dissolved companies that never really traded.

Robinshio

so he has had some ventures into sport, but cant see where his money has come from
Has he inherited a fortune, or just a very big con man

Users who are viewing this thread