William Storey (6 Viewers)

oldfiver

Wait. So his only active involvement in business is Sales Director at Wolf Jerky?

Wolf Jerky where a video game item has higher search rankings than his business and seemingly isn’t for sale anywhere? And whose website consists of just a logo image?
Overdue accounts and Annual Return as well

BUSA

almost posted the same thing
That’s the big question - he seems to have connections with a lot of big names and none of them distance themselves from him publicly yet. Personally don’t know why club entered into any serious discussion with him & very strange Hoffman, Hateley & others associate with Storey

Flying Fokker

I imagine him riding up to the arena on a Shetland Pony (some Cowboys just don’t cut it), rather than a Trusty steed.

AOM

Wait. So his only active involvement in business is Sales Director at Wolf Jerky?

Wolf Jerky where a video game item has higher search rankings than his business and seemingly isn’t for sale anywhere? And whose website consists of just a logo image?

Brentfingers.gif

skyblu3sk

I tell you what you can really see how he takes people in. His memory around statistics and the way that he portrays them in a way that is accessible to the average Joe football fan makes him almost likeable and one of them. It's a really clever psychological tactic to get people on his side. I can tell you know he a bright man. No idea if he is a serious candidate for club ownership, and I'm definitely more on the side of not given everything else around him but he tells a great story.

shmmeee

I tell you what you can really see how he takes people in. His memory around statistics and the way that he portrays them in a way that is accessible to the average Joe football fan makes him almost likeable and one of them. It's a really clever psychological tactic to get people on his side. I can tell you know he a bright man. No idea if he is a serious candidate for club ownership, and I'm definitely more on the side of not given everything else around him but he tells a great story.

Classic conman tactic that. Bullshit baffles brains.

skyblu3sk

Classic conman tactic that. Bullshit baffles brains.
100% but pulling in stuff like killer and the Peugeot sponsorship goes beyond the average googling of most con men that have been to the door. He also names a lot of different investors rather than the typical not at liberty to say. All driven to gain trust.

shmmeee

100% but pulling in stuff like killer and the Peugeot sponsorship goes beyond the average googling of most con men that have been to the door. He also names a lot of different investors rather than the typical not at liberty to say. All driven to gain trust.

I’d guess he’s a West Ham fan who remembers us from the Prem. Would be like me pulling out Julian Dicks (ooer)

better days

I’d guess he’s a West Ham fan who remembers us from the Prem. Would be like me pulling out Julian Dicks (ooer)
I've said previously that he's been involved with David Sullivan in the past who supposedly had an interest in one of his companies (but which doesn't show at Companies House)
Sullivan has a lot of extremely dubious associates with whom Storey fits like a glove

Bugsy

William Storey's sold energy drinks and jerky to Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook and by gum, it put them on the map.

isn't this William Storey fellow the guy who had the flag idea on here a couple of years back

JimmyHillsbeard

Are we that easily taken in? West Ham were sponsored by Dagenham Motors and at one point “BAC the window people”. Billy Bonds was a good player.

If I went further and claimed that I’d been on the books of say Crystal Palace but never made it due to injury, bad luck or some other non verifiable story would West Ham fans roll out the red carpet for me?

Perhaps they would. Have a look at the Sunderland story. Plenty were taken in by the exact tactics we are seeing here…

For example this from December 2020:-

The obsession with William Storey should stop - now

Money quote:

“There are enough red flags about Mr Storey to conduct a hold-to-account interview with him - now that would be in the public interest, if he was a serious bidder. And that would have been fine, if our local media had conducted their own semi-detailed independent research. Three days of calls to people have shown that there is far more than what you can just Google. Yet no one seems to have bothered, just taking at face value what they know from the first two pages of results.“

We seem to be the latest carousel ride for this particular spectacle.

If he did even the most cursory of research he would stop going on about how Robins has performed miracles but relies on the loan system - and notice that we only have two loans this season.

skyblu3sk

Are we that easily taken in? West Ham were sponsored by Dagenham Motors and at one point “BAC the window people”. Billy Bonds was a good player.

If I went further and claimed that I’d been on the books of say Crystal Palace but never made it due to injury, bad luck or some other non verifiable story would West Ham fans roll out the red carpet for me?

Perhaps they would. Have a look at the Sunderland story. Plenty were taken in by the exact tactics we are seeing here…

For example this from December 2020:-

The obsession with William Storey should stop - now

Money quote:

We seem to be the latest carousel ride for this particular spectacle.

If he did even the most cursory of research he would stop going on about how Robins has performed miracles but relies on the loan system - and notice that we only have two loans this season.
I don't think we as a fan base are given all the false dawns we have had I'm just saying I can see why he comes across as convincing!

skyblu3sk

I know what you mean but having experienced Jojar Dhinsa, Preston Haskell IV, Dale Evans and various Walter Mitty characters over the years I would expect us to be a little more cynical of any prospective saviours.
I honestly think that's why a large number of the fan base aren't suckling at the teat of him saying everything they want to hear 🤣🤣

Greggs

OK. Well, they can't be very good at it if you know where they are. Should maybe drop the stealth bit.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
They tend to film themselves and publish it on platforms such as YouTube and Facebook. I've never been lucky enough to spot a 'stealther' in real life, but I wont give up the hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread