Will Fleck Stay? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Decent player, not all that miffed he has gone elsewhere. Yes I would have preferred he had gone to a Championship club cos that would mean we wouldn't need to read people banging on about how he will destroy us this season. I've read a thread on a Sheff Utd forum. I must admit, some of the expectations they have about how he plays the game are wildly incorrect. Somebody has him down as a box to box player who can score goals with regularity, with a great engine... I do believe Gadshev was bought in with an eye on Fleck leaving. Good luck to Fleck but I'm sure he is easily replaced.

One side of our box to the other maybe

Terry Gibson's perm

Fantastic reading they really believe they have got a good un, time will tell, I would be stunned if anybody in the championship even had a second look unless their scouts left at half time in the first game.

I hope their centre backs have strong toes as he will spend most second half of games treading on them while he is hiding.

Otis

I don't quite understand why they think we are bitter.

They only need to look back through the season at posts on to see how many people were very frustrated with John Fleck.

Don't think it is a case at all of suddenly not rating him because he has gone. Lots of us didn't rate him anyway.

Did he get his extended family to vote for him in the player of the season thing?

Armstrong should have clearly won to my mind.

FRY-CCFC

Stokes, Vincelot, Armstrong and even Martin had better shouts for player of the season imo.

I like Fleck as a player but realistically, if he was that great he'd be at a championship side now like Sawyers, Egan and Bentley.

Otis

Stokes, Vincelot, Armstrong and even Martin had better shouts for player of the season imo.

I like Fleck as a player but realistically, if he was that great he'd be at a championship side now like Sawyers, Egan and Bentley.
Yes, Stokes. Sorry, should have been Stokes, then Armstrong.

Terry Gibson's perm

Sawyers and Dack are way ahead of Fleck.

Grendel

One thing I would say in defence of Fleck (and I've never been a big fan) is his work rate after season 1. So I don't get this fat, lazy thing. His always worked hard and covered a lot of ground. He's never hidden. He is at his level so his ability is always inconsistent. The biggest issue to me is he's a box to box player until he's actually near either box when he seems to look uneasy.

I suspect after 4 years in one City and with one club he just wanted a change.

He has given good service and I wish him well.

Covstu

Flecky had a decent season, personally disappointed he has gone but actually surprised he was still here after a few poor seasons before. Still he goes to another team who start well and truly fuck it up every year, oh and a huge pay rise. Can't blame the bloke

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I see a lot of the posts on here have not been complememtary,yet he was voted player of the year who voted for him or is it just when you decide to leave you suddenly become shite.

Otis

I see a lot of the posts on here have not been complememtary,yet he was voted player of the year who voted for him or is it just when you decide to leave you suddenly become shite.
I don't know how he won player of the year. Not a travesty exactly, but a bit of a baffling one.

Definitely a number of better players than him for us last season. Too much of a hot and cold player lacking consistency.

Chris Stokes at left back was consistent all season long and I would say Vincelot was ahead of Fleck too in the midfield, though he too faded rather badly in the last 10 games or so.

If Fleck can sort out his consistency he will be a good player, but he can be very frustrating at times and the lack of goals from him is quite criminal considering he has such a great shot on him.

Hobo

He hasn't suddenly become shit. He is fairly consistent but in an average sort of way. He didn't really cut it for me especially as he was supposed to be our main play maker.. Even when he plays well he doesn't maintain it over 90. I said last January I could not see Championship sides coming in for him. If he played at that level I couldn't see him being a regular just a squad player. There were certainly much better midfielders in League 1 last year at Walsall, Burton Peterborough and Gillingham. I would have liked to have kept him but we would still have had to strengthen our midfield. He has been here awhile now and has yet to set us alight. So a change might be good for both parties. I wish him well he has been a reasonable player for us, just not that outstanding.

rupert_bear

But he has gone to a rival club in our league and one likely to be challenging at the top end of the division, for no fee and although he could be indifferent he was one of our better players and we don't know if he has been adequately replaced, that sums us up.

Sky Blue Kid

What makes me laugh is the Blades fans on their forum actually think they are getting a bargain Lmfao. The majority of Coventry fans know what sort of player Fleck is, and although winning player of the year was more of "Wishful thinking" than belief. ;)

Nick

Administrator
If they teach him to actually shoot I think he will do well, when he got 25 yards out and pulled the trigger often they were on target but a lot of the time he wanted to pass out wide.

Terry Gibson's perm

If they teach him to actually shoot I think he will do well, when he got 25 yards out and pulled the trigger often they were on target but a lot of the time he wanted to pass out wide.

The problem is he spent more time 25 yards from our goal than the oppositions

Covstu

I think he will do well there but not sure if its a move up! Clearly about money!

They loved micky Doyle didn't they!

SKYBLUES90

“I don’t have anything bad to say about Coventry. I really enjoyed my time there and they were good to me, really good, but I just felt like doing something different and, like I say, I’ve always liked it here'

Reading his interview sounds like in his head he's really saying I wanted to play in the championship but nobody wanted me so I've come here because you're offering more money

stevefloyd

Not too bothered about him going, he was really good at times but then disappeared from games too much, I liked Vince a lot more and hopefully Vince will form a great partnership with whoever we get to replace Fleck

Users who are viewing this thread