Will Fleck Stay? (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Fundamentally, don't we all feel, if objective, that Sheff Utd are a better option for him than Coventry ... they have aspirations and money, we have neither ?
They are a more secure choice and more likely to go up despite ballsing it so far, for me it's just a surprise he hasn't really moved up or elsewhere, just hung around the same division nobody really wants to be in.

Samo

3 year deal though, and closer to home.

Nick

Administrator
They are a more secure choice and more likely to go up despite ballsing it so far, for me it's just a surprise he hasn't really moved up or elsewhere, just hung around the same division nobody really wants to be in.

Unless it was better money than a Huddersfield / Preston type club?

ajsccfc

I understand why he may have made the choice and all and couldn't blame him, I just wasn't expecting it.

WestEndAgro

Fleck was a 7 out of 10 at best, we need more than that from our supposedly best player, he in the main has not delivered and won't be missed.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am no fan of Fleck but if he is getting the kind of money being talked about on here then good luck to him, he must have a fantastic agent.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I find this most frustrating of all deals. I'd understand if he was moving up a league, but he's signing for Sheff United! Sheff United FFS! Come on John!

Hoping even more so now we do better than them this season!
So much for Tony Mowbray's pulling power, money talks :woot:

Hobo

Fleck would have been useful to keep. But he doesn't really get his foot in and break up play. He is quite a tidy distributor but plays too deep to really hurt people.

He never really takes a game by the scruff of the neck and does not dictate play enough and in fact can drift out of a game totally. He is not good enough to be your main play maker.

He has got a good deal at Seff United and I never really saw all these Championship clubs waiting to sign him...he just isn't that good. But he has not done too bad at city and seems to have a good attitude so good luck to him. Probably needs a new challenge in fairness.

D

Deleted member 2477

Feeling totally underwelmed so far. Two average signings, half a squad a lot weaker than last season, no recognised striker capable of scoring goals and tm now talking about loans despite gate increases last season it looks like a minimal transfer budget and we cant even compete with other l1 clubs to retain players.
Sisu saving up for the next court case i think whilst we languish in L1. No ambition and after this season TM will walk away to a club with ambition

skybluedan

Feeling totally underwelmed so far. Two average signings, half a squad a lot weaker than last season, no recognised striker capable of scoring goals and tm now talking about loans despite gate increases last season it looks like a minimal transfer budget and we cant even compete with other l1 clubs to retain players.
Sisu saving up for the next court case i think whilst we languish in L1. No ambition and after this season TM will walk away to a club with ambition

Hope you don't work for the Samaritans mate......

Neil

First time writing on the forum. Been a Coventry fan for ever following in footsteps of my family.
However it's so negative on this forum!
Yes we have crap owners, yes it's been hard times. But fleck went for money which is fine. TM had replacement already in vlad! How can you say squad is weaker than last season? Same stage last year we had no strikers.
TM I do trust and ok fleck has gone but come on we all knew he would.
Let's wait and see who else comes in. Maybe few surprises yet

Gint11

Happy for Fleck to leave. He wants to go so get rid. Personally I don't rate him as highly as others. There is talent there and have seen him run games but honestly, he doesn't score many goals and goes missing in games as much as others. Not a massive loss for us IMO and other than money, it's a strange move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

Confirmed.

skybluedan

I must be a real bad nob because even at the age of 40 when a player wants to leave I really hate them and wish on them pox,

fernandopartridge

Boo hoo

dongonzalos

He has gone for more money.

Can't disagree with him though when he says the owners should give TM a bit more cash.

It's not often you will get a manager of TM's calibre and we should maximise the opportunity when we have it

Nick

Administrator

Can't agree with him though when he says the owners should give TM a bit more cash.

It's not often you will get a manager of TM's calibre abd we should maximise the opportunity when we have it
He probably meant so he could get a rise

ajsccfc

Gadzhev is really being talked up for this season. I haven't seen him actually play yet I think, but here's hoping he makes us wonder why we relied on Fleck for so long.

stevefloyd

Flecks gone..doesnt really worry me too much, yes at times he looked pretty good but other times when we needed to step up a gear where was he? Good luck to him but we have lost far far better plsyers than him in the past

Otis

Flecks gone..doesnt really worry me too much, yes at times he looked pretty good but other times when we needed to step up a gear where was he? Good luck to him but we have lost far far better plsyers than him in the past

Yep, in the second halves of some games I believe we had to recall all our club scouts back to the Ricoh so they could try and help find John Fleck.

Grendel

Can't disagree with him though when he says the owners should give TM a bit more cash.

It's not often you will get a manager of TM's calibre and we should maximise the opportunity when we have it

Would you have matched wages for fleck that Sheffield offered if it meant not signing other players?

He's just a mediocre league one player. Ok but just ok.

dongonzalos

Would you have matched wages for fleck that Sheffield offered if it meant not signing other players?

He's just a mediocre league one player. Ok but just ok.

I think he is a very good league one midfielder.
I have no idea how much more Sgeff Utd have paid for him, wages wise.

SkyBlueScottie

Decent player, not all that miffed he has gone elsewhere. Yes I would have preferred he had gone to a Championship club cos that would mean we wouldn't need to read people banging on about how he will destroy us this season. I've read a thread on a Sheff Utd forum. I must admit, some of the expectations they have about how he plays the game are wildly incorrect. Somebody has him down as a box to box player who can score goals with regularity, with a great engine... I do believe Gadshev was bought in with an eye on Fleck leaving. Good luck to Fleck but I'm sure he is easily replaced.

Otis

Decent player, not all that miffed he has gone elsewhere. Yes I would have preferred he had gone to a Championship club cos that would mean we wouldn't need to read people banging on about how he will destroy us this season. I've read a thread on a Sheff Utd forum. I must admit, some of the expectations they have about how he plays the game are wildly incorrect. Somebody has him down as a box to box player who can score goals with regularity, with a great engine... I do believe Gadshev was bought in with an eye on Fleck leaving. Good luck to Fleck but I'm sure he is easily replaced.
Box to box?

Only from our own to a box of doughnuts in the dressing room.

Users who are viewing this thread