Will Fleck Stay? (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Last sentence bang on Jamesccfc

no_loyalty

Think he's always had a problem with his weight hasn't he.

He could have a bigger problem with his weight if he doesn't get snapped up by somebody soon

stgeorge1966

I know a couple of lads who follow Sheffield Utd and they have heard Fleck is a target they have offered him a contract and awaiting an answer....

SkyBlueJord

has anyone read his wikipedia page?

'On 31 January 2009, Fleck was involved in a late-night brawl in a nightclub in Glasgow's City centre even though Fleck was just 17 years old at the time.[38] On 2 August 2009 it was revealed that Fleck had been dropped from the Rangers first-team after a training ground bust-up involving a bucket of chicken, with the then assistant manager Ally McCoist.'

A bucket of chicken???

armybike

has anyone read his wikipedia page?

'On 31 January 2009, Fleck was involved in a late-night brawl in a nightclub in Glasgow's City centre even though Fleck was just 17 years old at the time.[38] On 2 August 2009 it was revealed that Fleck had been dropped from the Rangers first-team after a training ground bust-up involving a bucket of chicken, with the then assistant manager Ally McCoist.'

A bucket of chicken???

http://www.90min.com/posts/1566702-...john-fleck-and-mccoist-do-battle-over-chicken

georgehudson

JF is old enough to make up his own mind where to play his football, on the plus side, he is settled in the area, on the minus side, let us hope he is not being cajolled by agents

Brylowes

JF is old enough to make up his own mind where to play his football, on the plus side, he is settled in the area, on the minus side, let us hope he is not being cajolled by agents
Settled in the area ! I thought he'd just sold his house

All players get "cajoled" by agents.

FRY-CCFC

Sideways move which will suit Fleck as it's his favourite direction.

Joking, he's a good player but one we've already replaced so not gonna get too hung up about it.

Otis

If he goes there it shows nobody in the championship must have wanted him as I have said for ages overrated and rubbish.
Not rubbish I don't believe, but yes, overrated. I would have been very surprised had he gone to the Championship.

When he is on his game he is very talented, but he disappears too easily and very rarely puts in a 90 min performance.

He can't tackle and he doesn't score anywhere near enough.

I won't be disappointed if he goes elsewhere.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not rubbish I don't believe, but yes, overrated. I would have been very surprised had he gone to the Championship.

When he is on his game he is very talented, but he disappears too easily and very rarely puts in a 90 min performance.

We have been carrying him, I have never seen him a decent 60 mins let alone a whole game, rubbish was probably a bit harsh but average.

Liquid Gold

I feel like you need big tough midfielders in this division and fleck isn't it. I can't see why sheffield utd though, must have offered more.

CCFC_Charlie

Not exactly the best start to pre-season, two very underwhelming signings and losing one of our better players. Doubt we'll even replace him and we'll just take the gamble on Gadzhev being good.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Yer, this pretty much reflects my views. Yes, he's done ok, some good games, some not so. He obvs didn't stand out that much as a) we ain't in the Championship and b) seems no one's come in for him from the Champ.

Honest, decent player and good luck to him, but is he a stand out dictator/creator in the middle that would get us promoted? Not so sure.

D

Deleted member 2477

Has he definately gone. If so its purely money as cant see how su are any better prospect than us

Hadji10

We have been carrying him, I have never seen him a decent 60 mins let alone a whole game, rubbish was probably a bit harsh but average.

Jesus Christ.

He's a good player at this level, I'd rather have him in our 11 than be against him but Gadzhev is a far better player.

Terry Gibson's perm

Jesus Christ.

He's a good player at this level, I'd rather have him in our 11 than be against him but Gadzhev is a far better player.

It's a personal thing but I either like midfielders to be very athletic and or big ( Viera type) or a good passer (Hoddle type ) Fleck is neither of these.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is a good passer. First half of last season he was excellent for us.

He is one of the best passers I have ever seen backwards or side wards but he plays to deep to make good forward passes and hasn't got the energy to get further forward to make them.

So his season was like most of the games he plays all first half.

Skyblueweeman

Not exactly the best start to pre-season, two very underwhelming signings and losing one of our better players. Doubt we'll even replace him and we'll just take the gamble on Gadzhev being good.

Underwhelming? We're a league one side with no money unless more people buy tickets/merchandise.

I still don't get why people seem shocked by our transfer policy.

But to be fair to you, I was underwhelmed by signing 3 youngsters on loan from PL teams last year who had virtually no experience...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Very odd move...

A) No championship club thinks he's good enough

B) Sheff U have offered higher wages

So on that basis a good move for him financially and closer to Scotland.

CCFC_Charlie

Underwhelming? We're a league one side with no money unless more people buy tickets/merchandise.

I still don't get why people seem shocked by our transfer policy.

But to be fair to you, I was underwhelmed by signing 3 youngsters on loan from PL teams last year who had virtually no experience...

I'm underwhelmed in comparison to some of the players that other clubs in the league have brought in, and especially those who should have a similar budget to ourselves.

KG7

A big loss if he goes. One of our best players since relegation from the championship who has consistently shown quality and commitment. Has anyone seen proof that Gadzhev will be better? Or more consistent?

Skybluefaz

Ticks all the right boxes for Sheffield United as he gets booked most games. I'll miss him, in a team that tries to play football I think he's a good player. The oil in the machine as I think Mowbray described him. That said, Gadzhev could well be twice the player Fleck is. Keiran Crowley certainly seems to think he'll take the league by storm this season.

Pipehitterz

knew he was off as soon as he didnt sign an extension

very embarrassed for him tho, sheff utd not really known as a footballing powerhouse are they
expected a little more from his ambition, like he hasnt learnt , or grateful that we saved his career after dumping from rangers for being a c**t

great player for 45 minutes but equally as shit for 45 minutes, easily replaced IMO

another example of money before career im afraid

Brylowes

A big loss if he goes. One of our best players since relegation from the championship who has consistently shown quality and commitment. Has anyone seen proof that Gadzhev will be better? Or more consistent?

He's definitely not been consistent.

AFCCOVENTRY

People saying if he leaves Coventry. His contract ran out. He's free to go wherever.

Will he be a miss next season? Yes and no. He never performed for 90mins. Goes missing in games. Doesn't score enough goals.

Orca

The telegraph are reporting he's going to be announced by the Blades today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread