Wigan (H) (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Yeah, can't remember if it was 1-1 or 2-2 but we scored the would be winner very late before his mistake

Limey

First game of the season, pristine pitch, new signings (hopefully more than now) and biggest scalp in division. Anything less than 13-14k is gonna leave me disappointed.

ccfc92

We had 12,621 (1,570 away) against Sheff Utd first home game in L1. After a 1-1 draw away to Yeovil.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

From what I read on Twitter earlier, Wigan are bringing about 2000.

If we sell the Tesco stand out, the atmosphere should be decent.

oakey

15% of Brits on holiday in August so our gate will be at least 10% down on the same fixture in any other month. So 11,000 tops.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wigan 2,000 fans to a League 1 match?! They managed 5,000 at the community shield and take 200 everywhere, worst away following in the country didn't even pick up when doing well in the Prem. Will be 1,000 max just because it's the opening day.

Gint11

11,000 home support and 500 away. Wigan are a Rugby town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

:facepalm::facepalm: you really think we will bring 500 ?? in for a real shock be 2500 easy..we took 4k to Belgium..how have we no fans to s s pot!

Haha, no you never. It was 2,000 for something what's most likely never going to happen ever again and probably a fair few City and United fans went too to support the smaller team in that region (like Cov would with Nuneaton if they got into Europe).

Wigan will not bring 2,500 'easy', you couldn't even manage that to your biggest rivals Bolton. If you're trying to convince anyone otherwise then you must be a bit dim - you only could manage 5,000 at Wembley for a game and not selling out at Bolton - yet you're bringing 2,500+ to Cov in a League 1 match?! Do me a favour.

wiganlad123

Haha, no you never. It was 2,000 for something what's most likely never going to happen ever again and probably a fair few City and United fans went too to support the smaller team in that region (like Cov would with Nuneaton if they got into Europe).

Wigan will not bring 2,500 'easy', you couldn't even manage that to your biggest rivals Bolton. If you're trying to convince anyone otherwise then you must be a bit dim - you only could manage 5,000 at Wembley for a game and not selling out at Bolton - yet you're bringing 2,500+ to Cov in a League 1 match?! Do me a favour.

we took 3500 to Bolton last season in the cup or league one of um...we took 25k to a fa cup semi final 28k to a final ..5000 to a charity shield game after already going to wembley twice...you wont take more thank 1000 to the dw...you took 600 to preston last season right near wigan..we will take 2000-2500 to your place next week stop being a fool and stop being a bitter coventry fan who have done fu ck all for years been in wigans shadows and it will be the same this season! :D one of them who looks for the smaller things wigan have done instead of bigger things wigan have done...sour

Monners

Wigan are about the same as NorthamptonTown - always in the shadow of the Rugby team (should be careful what I say there:whistle:)

SlowerThanPlatt

:facepalm::facepalm: you really think we will bring 500 ?? in for a real shock be 2500 easy..we took 4k to Belgium..how have we no fans to s s pot!

View attachment 4479 bolton away last season and we didn't get the other part of the stand because of trouble..whats the most you took anywere last season ??? did you take more than 1500 anywere last season ???

Errrrr.....let me list

MK Dons
Notts County
Chesterfield
Crawley
Leyton Orient
Walsall

Not too bad for a relegation threatened League 1 side all season.

So, is this the part where you don't respond?

SlowerThanPlatt

we are one of the biggest clubs in this league in the top 5 easy!

Haha. Here's 3 Cov, Sheffield United, Bradford City. I could even extend it to 6, Milwall, Barnsley, Swindon?

You had a good few years that's it. That's all mate. Hopefully you're heading back to where you belong support and history wise, non league.

kg82

Well, this is a bit pathetic. Who gives a crap? Result over willy wangin for me.

chiefdave

Wigan have had a good few years and with the parachute payments should walk this division. But lets not forget that until Whelan turned up and started pumping money in their attendances were terrible.

If they somehow mess up and end up spending 2 or 3 seasons in this division I don't think anyone would be surprised to see a big drop in attendances.

SlowerThanPlatt

we were in the relegation zone all last season pal! :claping hands:

Well if you didn't notice we could have got relegated to League 2 whilst you were you relegated to League 1. A bit of a difference.

So, is there really an excuse for taking 5,000 fans to the community shield? I reckon Coventry Sphinx could take more than that

SlowerThanPlatt

Well, this is a bit pathetic. Who gives a crap? Result over willy wangin for me.

It is true. Just a bit funny a Wigan (!) fan is coming on here giving stick about attendances.

It's like Sir Jimmy giving lessons on timing or something....

SlowerThanPlatt

spot on maybe older clubs but you go off success only sheff united out of them teams have won more!

Wigan haha. I doubt you'd even be the biggest team in the conference. You were a non league team for 38 years, ourselves and Sheffield United spent that much time in division 1.

I think it's an insult you even consider Wigan fans near any of them 5 clubs. Please tell me you're joking.

pusbccfc

Regardless of everything, I do fancy Wigan to bring about 1500 to the Ricoh, which will be at without doubt in their top 3 away followings this season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wiganlad is obviously one of them
football fans who think football started in 2008 and only started supporting them when they got into the Prem.

I hope that he's just having a bit of pre match banter with us all.

Any club who takes 5,000 fans to a competive match at Wembley is absolutely tiny let's be honest, no two ways about it. You're not fooling us Wiganlad, most of us on this forum were born before 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread