Wigan (H) (1 Viewer)

Limey

Got to pack the Ricoh out for this one haven't we? Give Wigan and their big bucks a proper introduction to League 1.

Set Mogga's boys off with some proper Sky Blue support! Come on!

Limey

Would be great to get a few in that are staying away/lost some interest, whatever, just for one game. The atmosphere like we had against Gillingham was amazing. Who knows, with TM's team we might get a few more to stick.

Be nice if the Trust could issue a rallying call!

ccfc92

Which would mean they would have to open up Cov tel stand because the tesco stand only holds 10k I think? May be wrong

I thought it was +16k that they had to open the Telegraph stand?

But even so, 16k packed together, would be better than 16k scattered across the ground IMO.

oakey

Middle of six weeks school,college, and univ holidays. It remains a daft time to start the season. It was much better when the season began on the last Saturday in August. Everything about football was better then, of course.
:claping hands::guitar2:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought it was +16k that they had to open the Telegraph stand?

But even so, 16k packed together, would be better than 16k scattered across the ground IMO.

Unless they get consent to open the home end of the Jewsons stand (or whatever its called nowadays), I imagine it would need to be around 11-12k before the CET stand is opened - approx. 8-10k for Tesco and 2-3k in stand opposite (not including corporate).

covcity4life

I will be in Maldives. Can't believe I am gutted haha

How many ca we fit in tesco stand? Would we need to open up telegraph stand for 14k?

christonabike

15896 a minimum a good few folks will see how we go and take it from there. A decent performance and it will continue for about two days when all the gaylords from the "return to the Ricoh" slither away .:jerkit:

The Reverend Skyblue

I've been away for a couple of weeks somewhere I couldn't get an English paper and the Internet wasn't available so I havent a bloody clue what been happening.
can someone kindly up date me on our friendly scores ,I just can't be bothered to go through all the match threads to find the scores.i know I'm being a lazy bastard but I'm so bloody tired.

thanking you,whoever does it

SlowerThanPlatt

I've been away for a couple of weeks somewhere I couldn't get an English paper and the Internet wasn't available so I havent a bloody clue what been happening.
can someone kindly up date me on our friendly scores ,I just can't be bothered to go through all the match threads to find the scores.i know I'm being a lazy bastard but I'm so bloody tired.

thanking you,whoever does it

Nuneaton 0-0
Pompey lost 2-1 (George Thomas)
Luton 1-1 (Maddison)

Juggernaut

Pack the Ricoh? 13,000 tops. New season or not, no one gives a crap anymore apart from your die-hard and fringe die-hards.

I also fear we could be on the end of a right thumping.

ccfc1234

Pack the Ricoh? 13,000 tops. New season or not, no one gives a crap anymore apart from your die-hard and fringe die-hards.

I also fear we could be on the end of a right thumping.
:sleep: They would come flooding back if we had a sniff of success. You seem one of life's pessimists.

Kingokings204

Wigan will surely bring nearly 2k themselves. It's not far and they are easily a team that should be top 6 without a doubt.

That in mind I say 12-14k total. Be a decent crowd

ccfcmad1

Around 14k mark I would say 12-13k city, wigan not known for travelling well but first game of the season may bring a few more out 1500 or so

W

westcountry_skyblue

Didn't they once take 93 to Spurs in the premier league?

Woz01

Wigan bought less than 1,000 to Highfield Road when they were top if the championship so can't see it being any more than that.

wingy

Wigan bought less than 1,000 to Highfield Road when they were top if the championship so can't see it being any more than that.

Nathan Ellinngton Screamer IIRC, we really didn't get much of a sniff (that night?) De Zeuw marshalling their excellent defence .

Last edited:

SkyBlueSid

Maybe their fans will be doing a "League One Tour" for their only season at this level, complete with t-shirts. Where have I heard that before?

CCFCKirky

Hope we get a big crowd in for this one but I think we will be lucky to get 13k. Hopefully we will give Wigan a decent game but I think we will be lucky to get a draw in this one

Ashdown

It's the sort of game that years ago was category C for us, now I should think it's a category A glamour game. If this piss down summer continues I should think folk will be delighted to go and watch some live sport !

M&B Stand

It's the sort of game that years ago was category C for us, now I should think it's a category A glamour game. If this piss down summer continues I should think folk will be delighted to go and watch some live sport !

Remember the early 90's Gold, Silver & Bronze.
Gold was Man Utd Liverpool and Villa
Bronze was something like Wimbledon & Southampton
Silver was everyone else

bringbackrattles

Wigan are a poorly supported team as they are a Rugby League town so they will only be bringing around a thousand I bet.The gate will probably be around 12-13 000,and it will get higher if we get off to a decent start over the months ?

Users who are viewing this thread