Who and Why ? (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

You've got to think, say Hamer does go for the reported 10 million.

If sisu allow robins say even 60% of that, that's 6million quid we have to spend. Which is the most weve had in 20 years

Add on to that the likes of Shithorn etc. on their bikes, 7 or so million to improve the squad, whilst only losing 1 of the crown jewels is fantastic business.

I think MR can do some real damage with that amount of cash

CDK

I just heard that COH and Hamer's new deals are unaffordable long term so one will have to be sold
Tbh it makes sense
99% of clubs are in the same position as us
Players capable of playing at a much better level will eventually be sold to clubs higher up the pyramid
The trick is to use at least some of the fee on players in the same position at lesser clubs than us
The circle of life............
Thanks BD

SmithyCCFC

If sisu allow robins say even 60% of that, that's 6million quid we have to spend. Which is the most weve had in 20 years

Add on to that the likes of Shithorn etc. on their bikes, 7 or so million to improve the squad, whilst only losing 1 of the crown jewels is fantastic business.

Would be a blow to lose Hamer who I think is probably the best player we have had since relegation from the premiership but like you say, would allow us to add depth and bridge that gap between us and the play offs

SlowerThanPlatt

One of the clubs in this “rumour” would not only have to break their modern day transfer record but by a whole £3m!

rexo87

I really don't think Rangers would be able to afford him. Can see him going to a Southampton or Brighton or even Norwich/Watford for upwards of 8 million

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Grendel

Shithorn

better days

I really don't think Rangers would be able to afford him. Can see him going to a Southampton or Brighton or even Norwich/Watford for upwards of 8 million

Maybe they could if Morelos and Ryan Kent are sold, as looks likely
Neither will sign new contracts apparently

rexo87

Maybe they could if Morelos and Ryan Kent are sold, as looks likely
Neither will sign new contracts apparently
That would make more sense I guess. Also if they win the Europa do they go straight into the champions league without having to qualify? That would bring in a bit of cash

no_loyalty

There is no point talking monetary values, we all know any transfers will be undisclosed.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

1 out 3 in would be OK.

Sell 1: replace and 2 CBs
Sell 2: replace and 2CBs, LWB, AM
Sell 3: replace and 3CBs, LWB, AM, ST

9 new signings would be by far the most we’ve had to integrate in a summer though.

I cannot see a situation where we are going to sign two CB's. It would mean shifting some of the ones we have at the moment and I can only see JCS going back and that being that. We do need to strengthen there, but we also need a bit more steel in CM, a LWB probably (depending on where Bidwell is going to get deployed), and we also seriously need some goals adding in the attacking midfield department.

That is without sorting out the striker situation with Waghorn sounding like he is off, and Walker who knows. The latter will possibly stick around maybe, but I would blood Tavares and use the wages saved on those two strikers to get one other in to help Gyokeres and Godden if it were me.

Perhaps if a silly bid comes in for Rose then it could work in our favour, but the maths doesn't really work and I am a bit worried what our squad will look like come the new season. Selling any more than one of our prize assets is going to have a huge effect on the ability of our squad I think.

SlowerThanPlatt

I cannot see a situation where we are going to sign two CB's. It would mean shifting some of the ones we have at the moment and I can only see JCS going back and that being that. We do need to strengthen there, but we also need a bit more steel in CM, a LWB probably (depending on where Bidwell is going to get deployed), and we also seriously need some goals adding in the attacking midfield department.

That is without sorting out the striker situation with Waghorn sounding like he is off, and Walker who knows. The latter will possibly stick around maybe, but I would blood Tavares and use the wages saved on those two strikers to get one other in to help Gyokeres and Godden if it were me.

Perhaps if a silly bid comes in for Rose then it could work in our favour, but the maths doesn't really work and I am a bit worried what our squad will look like come the new season. Selling any more than one of our prize assets is going to have a huge effect on the ability of our squad I think.

I don’t think anybody will be bidding for Rose despite his agents best attempts. It’s a lot more likely we tell him he’s not good enough

shmmeee

We need two CBs anyway, we have no cover even if we give Fadz another year. Don’t want another season of Sheaf and WBs filling in.

SlowerThanPlatt

One of the reasons for that is so teams we may be negotiating with for their players don't know how much we have sold our guys for

Is this a thing?! Gets repeated over and over and accepted as fact. Most people running football clubs aren’t thick and know roughly how much another club has to spend.

shmmeee

Do any of the spreadsheet nerds have a figure of what’s needed to cover losses from any fee?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need two CBs anyway, we have no cover even if we give Fadz another year. Don’t want another season of Sheaf and WBs filling in.

The formation we use has largely been effective of course, but the alternative would be to change that and stop playing three CB's. It has amazed me this season that I don't think at any time we have switched the formation even when losing badly. There should always be a plan B.

shmmeee

The formation we use has largely been effective of course, but the alternative would be to change that and stop playing three CB's. It has amazed me this season that I don't think at any time we have switched the formation even when losing badly. There should always be a plan B.

Because it impacts every role in the team. We’d need wingers which we don’t have as well. We get success by being well drilled and players knowing their job. Changing the formation for the sake of it is unlikely to end well. It’s a similar argument to “make changes” when the changes we have available are all far below the standard required or just like for likes.

Whether people like it or not we play a back three, may as well have the squad for it.

Frankly even if we went to a back four we’d need two CBs in as the back three masks the failings of our current CBs.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Because it impacts every role in the team. We’d need wingers which we don’t have as well. We get success by being well drilled and players knowing their job. Changing the formation for the sake of it is unlikely to end well. It’s a similar argument to “make changes” when the changes we have available are all far below the standard required or just like for likes.

Whether people like it or not we play a back three, may as well have the squad for it.

Frankly even if we went to a back four we’d need two CBs in as the back three masks the failings of our current CBs.

Do you really think Robins is going to prioritise the signing of central defenders when he has McFadzean, Hyam, and Rose? I just cannot see it happening, especially if the prize assets that are sold are in other positions across the pitch.

shmmeee

Do you really think Robins is going to prioritise the signing of central defenders when he has McFadzean, Hyam, and Rose? I just cannot see it happening, especially if the prize assets that are sold are in other positions across the pitch.

Id hope he does. It’s the most obvious hole in our squad. Obviously anyone who is sold will need to be replaced but we’re talking about the use of any money beyond that. The fact we finished yesterday with the same back three we came up with should ring a few alarm bells.

PVA

We do need some defensive cover/upgrades for sure, I just don't see us having 5 first team centre backs on the books.

That's a lot of money tied up to have two on the bench for big chunks of the season.

I think we need 4 centre backs, plus a young prospect who can do a job when called upon for the odd game.

Along those lines I just looked to see how Drysdale is getting on for Ross County... Not well. Played 90 mins in his first two games, and has been benched since, only coming on for a total of 8 minutes.

Saddlebrains

I can see Rose going.

And I think MR will let him. Either himself or his agent or whoever has been hawking him around to clubs publicly for a while now, clear he wants out. Anything around the £1 Million mark I reckon he will be gone.

Legia Sky Blue

In regards to the back 3, our style of play limits us slightly in the type of centre back we can go for. Ideally we want a physical and domineering type centre back, and also one that is lightning quick. However, whoever those players are they will need to be also comfortable on the ball, and in receiving the ball in tight spots and playing it out from there. I suspect that a lot of established Championship defenders would struggle playing for us more than our current defenders have done this season given that requirement. I've got a feeling that MR might well look to use Josh Eccles as an option in the back 3 next season, and if so I think we might only bring in one more CB (unless any of the existing ones leave of course).

skybluesam66

Our defence has been our big let down this season - And if we are only bringing in 1 CH it needs to be somebody who is big / strong and undroppable

Frostie

We do it every single transfer though for as long as I remember and I personally feel it’s an injustice to the fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVERY club does it, it's not specific to us & there are many good reasons why, some alluded to above.

Users who are viewing this thread