Who and Why ? (1 Viewer)

Deity

So it seems clear from the comments of Boddy and Robins that we will cash in on at least one gem this summer.

If you had to lose one key player who would if he and why ?

if sell O’Hare first.

I love Callum as a player andhis end product has been much better recently, but I think you could replace with a more productive 10 far more easily than a striker to replace Big Vik or a central midfielder to replace Hamer.

Martin180

Most money is to be made from selling Vik . Don't think we can afford to lose Hamer or O'Hare personally .
Get a premier loanee striker in and another established striker in and hopefully that fills the loss of Vik.
Let's face it whoever goes will leave a huge hole in the side

AOM

If we had to lose one of "the three", I'd rather lose Hamer than Gyokeres or O'Hare, but he'd still be a big miss.
Got a feeling two of them will go over the summer

fatso

O'hare is easier to replace imho, he's a good player who gives 100% etc, but fuck me is he frustrating to watch at times.

Ian1779

Our entire play is centred around O’Hare and the energy, movement and work rate he creates. He would be the hardest to replace for me.
Given his age, and ability to miss numerous games through suspension we’d probably miss Hamer the least of the 3. And that would still be shit.

Hertsccfc

Gyokeres because he would be the easiest to replace and would command the largest fee at the moment. Not easy to replace but the easiest of the three.

O'Hare and Hamer are critical to how we play and we have missed them the more than Gyokeres when they haven't played. O'Hare has massive potential value but that value would only be higher than Gyokeres if he manages to score more regularly. Hamer is currently our most talented player but his disciplinary record would reduce his transfer value significantly.

pusbccfc

I don't see O'Hare and Gyökeres being overly desperate to move on as they have had previous opportunities at PL level and know the challenges with it.

Hamer on the other hand, I think would love a shot at the top level. He'll be worth the most too.

All three are difficult to replace, I don't think there's one individual who stands out.

I believe Hamer will be the one to go if Robins is given the choice.

pusbccfc

Hamer would be the first of the three i'd let go - CoH is by far more important to the way we play.

Missing Hamer for up to 5 games a season through suspension will sway Robins to choose him as the one to go. Having to take him off in games because he's on a final warning isn't ideal.

Blind-Faith

I don’t want us to lose Hamer, really is a class act. Out of the other two id probably sell Vik as other have said , O’Hare is vital to the way we play. Keep Godden fit and we have a striker here who has proved he can score double figures at this level.

Sick Boy

I don't see O'Hare and Gyökeres being overly desperate to move on as they have had previous opportunities at PL level and know the challenges with it.

Hamer on the other hand, I think would love a shot at the top level. He'll be worth the most too.

All three are difficult to replace, I don't think there's one individual who stands out.

I believe Hamer will be the one to go if Robins is given the choice.
Hamer is nowhere near consistent enough to be signed by a PL club, that goes for all 3 of them though. They'd end up going to a side with more money than us in the Championship.

Martin180

We haven't had a midfielder as gifted as Hamer in a long time , finding his replacement and affording his replacement would be nigh on impossible . Strikers and loanee strikers are.much easier to come by in my humble opinion

rob9872

So 'the easiest to replace' levelled at all pf them, Viktors goals aren't easy to replace or all would have one, Callums industry, effort touch and creating chances far from easy and good luck replacing what Gus offers not only in quality and passing range, but tackling and set piece delivery. They're our best three for a reason. We probably will lose one, who will undoubtedly be replaced by someone initially lesser, let's hope we get lucky.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's really sad we have a thread like this where we are effectively whoring our players out, but I do get it.

Personally for me, Gyökeres is the most important. He is smart and hardworking, has that edge of talent, scores goals, and generally pretty consistent. I don't know what other striker we could get in who could do that job.

Hamer is our best midfielder by a mile, and if he can sort his discipline out, is only going to get better. Surely the best technical player we have.

O'Hare has something that's hard to come by, and as others have said, is very important getting us forward. I love his attitude all round, but his end product is extremely frustrating. I would argue he could go for the most out of all of them. Would I therefore take a massive fee and buy two number 10's with a bit more end product? Probably and reluctantly. The best of all three terrible choices for me.

long way home

Hamer will go 1st, at least 2 clubs have already matched the clubs valuation, and it's a big figure which could end up going higher as more will be interested.

But let's see if that comes true and if it does I hope MR gets a big % of that fee to replace and improve the squad and facilities he has mentioned before.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hamer will go 1st and it's a big figure as at least two clubs have matched the valuation in his clause, it could end up going higher as more are interested.

But let's see if that comes true and if so hope MR gets a big % of that fee to replace and improve the squad and facilities he has mentioned.

Where was this reported?

long way home

It's not reported, it's a little whisper going round. It may have no substance but clubs were named that were in. Let's see it's just what I was told but let's face it would be hardly be a shock if it comes right. He is the one most would see going and the one that would generate the highest fee.

no_loyalty

It's not reported, it's a little whisper going round. It may have no substance but clubs were named that were in. Let's see it's just what I was told but let's face it would be hardly be a shock if it comes right. He is the one most would see going and the one that would generate the highest fee.

Celtic and Rangers?

lord_garrincha

If right, it will, hopefully, be the best thing all round.

Player wants to move on... Check.
We receive way more than his value... Check.
Vik & CoH stay... Check.

I think that gives us a fighting chance next season.

pusbccfc

Hamer will go 1st, at least 2 clubs have already matched the clubs valuation, and it's a big figure which could end up going higher as more will be interested.

But let's see if that comes true and if it does I hope MR gets a big % of that fee to replace and improve the squad and facilities he has mentioned before.

I've heard similar that Hamer is the one Robins is most happy to let go.

Although the figure I've told will piss off fans

Users who are viewing this thread