Who and Why ? (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Hamer is our only player who is premier league standard technically right now.

He will be the one to go.

Incredible business. Enjoy him for one more home game.

We wont see anything like him for years.

pusbccfc

long way home

I've heard similar that Hamer is the one Robins is most happy to let go.

Although the figure I've told will piss off fans

The fee is a clause in his contract that was put in the new deal he signed. The fee activated is big and will give MR room to improve the squad. Until he signed the new deal clubs were trying to pick up a bargain. Those clubs are not mentioned now as the fee is dictated by the clause.

rexo87

The fee is a clause in his contract that was put in the new deal he signed. The fee activated is big and will give MR room to improve the squad. Until he signed the new deal clubs were trying to pick up a bargain. Those clubs are not mentioned now as the fee is dictated by the clause.
Surely more than 5M?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

SeaSeeEffCee

There was a rumour going round on Saturday that Hamer has a release clause in his new contract and that he’s going to Celtic in the summer. Could be bollocks though.

Gyokeres is the one I think we’d miss the most. O’Hare is also very important to how we play, but I think he’s the least likely of the 3 to get a Premier League move. Not convinced he’s technically good enough, despite being good creatively and a very hard worker. Think he will probably be a very good Championship player for most of his career.

long way home

I think MR knows 1 has to go if we are to improve squad in its quality of depth. He has spoken about the way the club has to do it for a while now and seems ok with the process. It's hard watching a really good player go but if it allows 3 really good signings to come in, it certainly softens any blow of losing a good player.

We still have to hope some of the younger ones step up and still will have to look at a couple of younger players untested at this level to try to develop for that same purpose. But I trust in MR to know who and what is needed to keep us moving forward and sometimes decisions are made for the greater good of the group.

SIR ERNIE

Hamer is our only player who is premier league standard technically right now.

He will be the one to go.

Incredible business. Enjoy him for one more home game.

We wont see anything like him for years.

He's decent at this level but would struggle to get a start in any PL side.

slowpoke

Celtic and Rangers?
I hope we keep all three but yesterday bit of talk doing the rounds that Rangers are very interested managed by Dutchman Giovanni van Bronckhorst.
Rangers or Celtic would give him Champions League football which would be an attraction I suppose, but just rumours at the moment that do the rounds this time of year, as said I hope we keep all three and can add better players to them, we can be a real force in this division if we can do that.

rob9872

I hope we keep all three but yesterday bit of talk doing the rounds that Rangers are very interested managed by Dutchman Giovanni van Bronckhorst.
Rangers or Celtic would give him Champions League football which would be an attraction I suppose, but just rumours at the moment that do the rounds this time of year, as said I hope we keep all three and can add better players to them, we can be a real force in this division if we can do that.
That was doing the rounds 6 months ago not yesterday even on here. DVB not only Dutch but gave him his debut at Feyenoord.

Greggs

Rangers or Celtic would be perfect for the petulant one, only has to perform when he can be bothered. 9 million, yes please!

CDK

It's not reported, it's a little whisper going round. It may have no substance but clubs were named that were in. Let's see it's just what I was told but let's face it would be hardly be a shock if it comes right. He is the one most would see going and the one that would generate the highest fee.
Has Better days said anything as he seems to have a source?

saveitforthewombles

I could see Hamer going to Brighton if Bissouma is sold. Would be a big step up but development potential for them for sure.

And I can see Smith at Norwich coming in for O'Hare (and Davis from Villa).

Have to hope that a decent % of any fee received is reinvested in both transfer fees (younger players with potential) and wages (the out of contract market will be decent this summer)

Deity

That was doing the rounds 6 months ago not yesterday even on here. DVB not only Dutch but gave him his debut at Feyenoord.
Rangers are in financial trouble again. Neither club will be spending £9m on a midfielder anytime soon.

shmmeee

1 out 3 in would be OK.

Sell 1: replace and 2 CBs
Sell 2: replace and 2CBs, LWB, AM
Sell 3: replace and 3CBs, LWB, AM, ST

9 new signings would be by far the most we’ve had to integrate in a summer though.

stevefloyd

Most money is to be made from selling Vik . Don't think we can afford to lose Hamer or O'Hare personally .
Get a premier loanee striker in and another established striker in and hopefully that fills the loss of Vik.
Let's face it whoever goes will leave a huge hole in the side
We all know how the premier league loanees end

ccfcricoh

Hamer i imagine will be in the most demand and i think is the "best" player of the 3, but then i think he has the highest ambitions and would be the most likely to be "happy" to leave.

I'm not sure we'd find another 15 goal a season striker in the first window

I'd let go of O'Hare if i had to decide between the 3, but think Hamer is the more likely to get a move with a bigger price tag.

Grendel

Hamer i imagine will be in the most demand and i think is the "best" player of the 3, but then i think he has the highest ambitions and would be the most likely to be "happy" to leave.

I'm not sure we'd find another 15 goal a season striker in the first window

I'd let go of O'Hare if i had to decide between the 3, but think Hamer is the more likely to get a move with a bigger price tag.

Robins I suspect thinks the opposite and would miss hamer the least

ccfcricoh

Robins I suspect thinks the opposite and would miss hamer the least
i wont pretend to know what Robins thinks...

He wont want to lose any of them, but it'll come down to money, if its 7m for Hamer or 5m for O'Hare, Hamer is gone, if its the other way, O'Hare is gone. none of them are irreplaceable.

If they are both getting similar offers i imagine it will partly come down to who else is available in the market to replace the gap

better days

Has Better days said anything as he seems to have a source?
I just heard that COH and Hamer's new deals are unaffordable long term so one will have to be sold
Tbh it makes sense
99% of clubs are in the same position as us
Players capable of playing at a much better level will eventually be sold to clubs higher up the pyramid
The trick is to use at least some of the fee on players in the same position at lesser clubs than us
The circle of life............

Users who are viewing this thread