Transfer Rumour Who’s going down (1 Viewer)

Skybluedownunder

With Reading about to be hit with a 6 point deduction, the relegation battle will be out of the following clubs…

Reading
QPR
Rotherham
Cardiff
Huddersfield
Blackpool
Wigan

Which clubs do you think will get relegated and are there any players you would like to pinch from these clubs?

I don’t know what they are like nowadays as I don’t follow these clubs and how these players are playing but the names that stick out to me from each club or are high valued on Transfermarkt are…

Reading - Scott Dann, Tom Ince, Junior Hoilett, Baba Rahman, Lucas Joao, Tom Holmes, Tom McIntyre

QPR - Jake Clarke-Salter, Jimmy Dunne, Rob Dickie, Kenneth Paal, Ethan Laird (loan from Man Utd), Sam Field, Tim Iroegbunham (loan from Villa), Jamal Lowe, Ilias Chair

Rotherham - Wouldn’t take any of them

Cardiff - Mark McGuinness, Perry Ng, Ryan Wintle, Callum O'Dowda

Huddersfield - Tomas Vaclik, Jack Rudoni, Matthew Lowton (loan from Burnley), Michal Helik

Blackpool - Josh Bowler (loan from Forest), Charlie Patino (loan from Arsenal), Ian Poveda (loan from Leeds), Jerry Yates, Luke Garbutt

Wigan - Wouldn’t take any of them

I think the clubs that will go down are Wigan, Blackpool and Huddersfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

Well done tipping the current bottom 3 but I suspect with recent form and Warnock that Huddersfield escape.

Skybluedownunder

Well done tipping the current bottom 3 but I suspect with recent form and Warnock that Huddersfield escape.

Blackpool and Wigan being 4-5 points off seems a big ask, Blackpool do have some good players though.

Maybe Rotherham might slip in there with their lack of quality players if Huddersfield can carry o. turning it around under Warnock

Other reason picking current bottom 3 is also they’ve played 39 when a lot of the others have played 38.

slowpoke

Just looked at some of the remaining fixtures and QPR & Huddersfield games look horrid I reckon it’s between those two who joins the current bottom two, I’d like Blackpool to survive if only for the away day but can’t see it, Huddersfield have five of the top eight to play so I reckon Mr Warnock has his work cut out but he’s an old war horse who knows how to win football matches and they did thump high flying Middlesbrough the weekend after being a goal down at half time.

Ashdown

With Reading about to be hit with a 6 point deduction, the relegation battle will be out of the following clubs…

Reading
QPR
Rotherham
Cardiff
Huddersfield
Blackpool
Wigan

Which clubs do you think will get relegated and are there any players you would like to pinch from these clubs?

I don’t know what they are like nowadays as I don’t follow these clubs and how these players are playing but the names that stick out to me from each club or are high valued on Transfermarkt are…

Reading - Scott Dann, Tom Ince, Junior Hoilett, Baba Rahman, Lucas Joao, Tom Holmes, Tom McIntyre

QPR - Jake Clarke-Salter, Jimmy Dunne, Rob Dickie, Kenneth Paal, Ethan Laird (loan from Man Utd), Sam Field, Tim Iroegbunham (loan from Villa), Jamal Lowe, Ilias Chair

Rotherham - Wouldn’t take any of them

Cardiff - Mark McGuinness, Perry Ng, Ryan Wintle, Callum O'Dowda

Huddersfield - Tomas Vaclik, Jack Rudoni, Matthew Lowton (loan from Burnley), Michal Helik

Blackpool - Josh Bowler (loan from Forest), Charlie Patino (loan from Arsenal), Ian Poveda (loan from Leeds), Jerry Yates, Luke Garbutt

Wigan - Wouldn’t take any of them

I think the clubs that will go down are Wigan, Blackpool and Huddersfield

Let’s take Jerry Yates, always scores against us and I know his Sister !

Evo1883

I think there's every chance qpr end up going , they've won 1 match in about 15

Grendel

There is clearly some issues behind the scenes there

rexo87

They've had a lot of injurys and managed to get a few back in their last game. Think they will be ok in the end but agree they've got some pretty big issues

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Grendel

KenilworthSkyBlue

Reading fans must be worried. Their form is actually worse than Huddersfield's and Wigan's and their pending 6 point deduction, if it indeed comes to fruition, will put them within a point of 22nd.

They've also got to play both Huddersfield and Wigan as well as Preston, us, Burnley and Luton.

Skybluedownunder

Let’s take Jerry Yates, always scores against us and I know his Sister !

He’s got a history of managing to score goals at Blackpool & Swindon but seemed to fail at Rotherham, he’s not the tallest (5ft 9) but seems to do alright in this league, if he was cheap enough I wouldn’t mind him to replace what we will lose in Walker & Waghorn

Some of the other players I listed are some pretty darn decent players I wouldn’t mind us signing, would be interested to hear peoples thoughts of who they’d like from either that list of players or those clubs

If Barnsley don’t go up it might be worth having a look again at Callum Styles who’s currently on loan at Millwall

Jason Knight of Derby is another who I think could do a job for us. Plays both RWB, DM & CM

Last edited:

ptr

Think QPR will stay up as long as they change their manager soonish. Just hope it isn’t before we play them.

I like Ainsworth but he’s too used to being the underdog. No pressure. If you lost at Wycombe it was expected and if you win it was overachieving - in league one and the championship. Different at QPR.

He’s not prolific but I would take Dykes if they go down. Proper number 9.

Grendel

Think QPR will stay up as long as they change their manager soonish. Just hope it isn’t before we play them.

I like Ainsworth but he’s too used to being the underdog. No pressure. If you lost at Wycombe it was expected and if you win it was overachieving - in league one and the championship. Different at QPR.

He’s not prolific but I would take Dykes if they go down. Proper number 9.

Ainsworth has been in charge only a few games

SBT

The QPR situation is truly mental - they were top of the league in late October! Beale leaving seems to have completely broken them. To think that some on here wanted Neil Critchley to replace Robins last season as well….

skybluepm2

Would personally like QPR to go down, one of the so called big hitters out of the way next season. If they escape, they’ll only throw money at it and replace the manager once again. I think they’ll be ok.

I think Wigan are doomed but have a sneaky suspicion that Huddersfield under Warnock will escape. Can’t help feel that Reading will go. 6 point penalty now confirmed, I can’t see how it will galvanize them in any way given their current form.

Blackpool will go as I feel they’ve got too big a gal to bridge.

Wigan, Blackpool, Reading are my predictions.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Reading and QPR are in some trouble certainly. The latter can't seem to buy a win. Their loss at Wigan over the weekend just about says it all.

I've stuck to my guns on Warnock and consider him a 12th man for Huddersfield. As long as he is there I think they have a chance to stay up. The result against 'boro was certainly a statement too. Let's see if they can carry on from that.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I assumed this thread was about going down from top league.

Despite relegation in 2001 , old habits of studying permutations and what-if's for 30 years just doesn't go away for me

I would love to see Leicester go down but they have a reasonable run-in unfortunately.

Skybluedownunder

I assumed this thread was about going down from top league.

Despite relegation in 2001 , old habits of studying permutations and what-if's for 30 years just doesn't go away for me

I would love to see Leicester go down but they have a reasonable run-in unfortunately.

If you read the post it’s about who’s going down from our league and what players are worth pinching from their squads

fatso

Reading are struggling, 6 points deducted and bottom of the current form table (last 6 games) their fans aren't happy, and there's serious financial issues. I think they are doomed along with Wigan and Blackpool.

Warnock will get Huddersfield out of it, and QPR have some key players back in full training so should be OK.
Cardiff are the only team I think that could get overtaken by Blackpool.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would love to see Reading QPR and Huddersfield go but it think it will be Wigan Blackpool and one other.

I would like that Jake Clarke Salter guy always fit to play never misses a game😉

Users who are viewing this thread