Who’s at work/Not at work? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter westcountry_skyblue
  • Start date

ccfcmad1

Work as a drayman delivering beer barrels to pubs clubs football grounds etc, safe to say I'm at home for a good while yet, done four days with Mrs and kids it's going to be a fun few weeks!

christonabike

In the school again tomorrow won’t be long till we shut but I will be in doing my list of jobs given to me as I mentioned before.
On my own heating on do a bit, leave a bit save some for the next day. Radio on internet on and spruce one of my cars up whilst at it! It’s like stealing the money!
Very lucky as er indoors has been sent home on 80% pay if it ever materialises.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just soaking up the rays.

giphy.gif

B-Ban-Boogie

In Florida...
I am one day in work, one day out..(what that's gonna do i don't know).
This week i'm out Mon, Weds, Friday which is nice...

The thing is, there are probably 80 - 100 people in our building and no one out in our manufacturing area is practicing any kind of social distancing or cleaning.
We have one PC with people standing in line clocking in and out each day. Literally 50 people doing it.
It's pathetic really and I've decided to bring my own spray in to clean shit around the high traffic areas..
I've had a word with the leads about this but they don't give damn..
I'm gonna be pissed when someone gets the virus in the building and then we have to close down (meaning we don't get full pay).

Flying Fokker

In Florida...
I am one day in work, one day out..(what that's gonna do i don't know).
This week i'm out Mon, Weds, Friday which is nice...

The thing is, there are probably 80 - 100 people in our building and no one out in our manufacturing area is practicing any kind of social distancing or cleaning.
We have one PC with people standing in line clocking in and out each day. Literally 50 people doing it.
It's pathetic really and I've decided to bring my own spray in to clean shit around the high traffic areas..
I've had a word with the leads about this but they don't give damn..
I'm gonna be pissed when someone gets the virus in the building and then we have to close down (meaning we don't get full pay).

Hokey Cokey Inc.?

fernandopartridge

I've been working from home since last Monday. I'm really busy at the minute trying to get stuff in place for the COVID.

There is going to be provision for GPs that come out of retirement to consult from home supporting the 111 service, and provision for GPs to carry out consultations via video rather than in person. I suspect some of these new ways of working will be adopted in the longer term.

Johnnythespider

Been furloughed today initially until the 6th April but may well be extended, 80% pay so not too bad.

chiefdave

Working from home full time (IT stuff)
Same here. Not a huge difference for me as I'm the only one based in the Midlands. Just saves me sitting in traffic every day to get to the office which for unknown reasons they decided should be in Blythe Valley.

Only real difference is no site visits but they weren't that frequent anyway, usually one day a week.

Hoping when this is all over I can persuade them to stick with working from home.

Greggs

Self employed - fucked - built my business over last 4 years and slowly watching it crash.

Johnnythespider

Wonder how they came up with 80%, seems a bit random. Do they reckon that's the cost of going to work?
It's the Government % to protect jobs, not sure how they worked it out, maybe they figure 20% of a wage is disposable income and as they've shut everything there is nothing to spend that bit on so it's not needed. Random as you say.
Does anybody know how it's going to be paid ? Is it something your company pay and claim back ?

chiefdave

Does anybody know how it's going to be paid ? Is it something your company pay and claim back ?
In short the system isn't set up yet. But it looks like your employer keeps paying you but designates you furloughed so you don't actually work. Reading it sounds like you get all your salary but the employer can claim 80% from the government but I might be misunderstanding that.

Edit: to answer my own question apparently 'Your employer could choose to fund the differences between this payment and your salary, but does not have to'.
How to access the scheme
You will need to:
  • designate affected employees as ‘furloughed workers,’ and notify your employees of this change - changing the status of employees remains subject to existing employment law and, depending on the employment contract, may be subject to negotiation
  • submit information to HMRC about the employees that have been furloughed and their earnings through a new online portal (HMRC will set out further details on the information required)
HMRC will reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month. HMRC are working urgently to set up a system for reimbursement. Existing systems are not set up to facilitate payments to employers.

If your business needs short term cash flow support, you may be eligible for a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan.

Johnnythespider

In short the system isn't set up yet. But it looks like your employer keeps paying you but designates you furloughed so you don't actually work. Reading it sounds like you get all your salary but the employer can claim 80% from the government but I might be misunderstanding that.
Ok, they didn't really explain that side very well, i can see that getting complicated. I'll have to ask HR

TTG

eastwoodsdustman

I work in insurance so I’m still in at present on the orders of the FCA. Only usually do 4 days but as there’s only 2 of us in our office we’ve agreed to split the week from tomorrow so only one of us in. it’s going to be 2 days one week and 3 the next until normality returns. I will do a bit from home if need be.

Brighton Sky Blue

Numbers at school have been low enough to keep teachers off the rota. Good thing too as getting work off students in itself seems to be a full time effort

Liquid Gold

I'm in a one bed flat, partner has turned her dressing table into a desk and I got a little mobile one for the sofa from amazon. Might switch them up later this week to spice things up. Main problem with us both here is the constant snacking as if one gets something the other will too. I'm going for a run round the car park at lunch tomorrow.

The Reverend Skyblue

Work in sub stations and on overhead lines for National Grid, who have closed every site project for this week in the UK.
They are now categorising each project from 1-4 from critical up to projects deemed non urgent, so I will soon know if my projects will be stood down, category 3 & 4 which will be a minimum of 3 weeks, or I go back in from next Monday if they are in cats 1 to 2.
Good company to work for, they've just told me to work from home until I know the sites categories. I have loads to catch up on but like others I'm not great disciplining myself for home working, I get easily distracted.

Astute

Just about to start getting ready for work. My role is to keep production running over our whole plant. I have been informed that I am a key worker so will work all the way through whatever happens unless I get any symptoms. Then it is off for 14 days even if I don't have the virus. Have been self isolating for over a week now.

We have to keep going so those who have been hoarding toilet rolls can continue to do so. Although it should start to get better soon now restrictions have been put in place on how many you can buy. And we will be able to ship them out even faster now there are more available lorries.

It is a bit strange seeing millions of bog rolls at work but not seeing them in shops.

Users who are viewing this thread