Whiff of Desperation, something happening? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
With regards to how they can have the resources to have "journalists" man a live blog all day spinning whatever they can, clickbaiting and misleading but none of them can do anything constructive?

olderskyblue

If people read the article rather than just the headline it looks worse on the council as it basically translates to the club saying it needs stadium ownership to survive and the council then selling it to Wasps.

Or.....SISU needs stadium ownership, had the chance to get it, signed a heads of agreement, then pulled out...

SkyBlueCRJ

With regards to how they can have the resources to have "journalists" man a live blog all day spinning whatever they can, clickbaiting and misleading but none of them can do anything constructive?

But they don't have the resources do they? Which is one of the reasons why the majority of what is reported isn't constructive?

Nick

Administrator
But they don't have the resources do they? Which is one of the reasons why the majority of what is reported isn't constructive?

They obviously do, hence they have somebody to man a live chat every day to try and get everybody worked up.

Why not get that "journalist" to do constructive things?

Strange how they have the resources for particular things ;)

SkyBlueCRJ

They obviously do, hence they have somebody to man a live chat every day to try and get everybody worked up.

Why not get that "journalist" to do constructive things?

Strange how they have the resources for particular things ;)

I'm not in charge of who gets assigned to what so I don't know why you're asking meaningless questions to prove a point? They don't have the resources, as they've cut staff dramatically which is a fact. What they prioritise or don't prioritise is not up to me.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not in charge of who gets assigned to what so I don't know why you're asking meaningless questions to prove a point? They don't have the resources, as they've cut staff dramatically which is a fact. What they prioritise or don't prioritise is not up to me.

It's not meaningless if it's relevant to the topic is it?

I can't remember saying it was up to you, you have jumped in trying to defend their nonsense which didn't quite work out.

SkyBlueCRJ

It's not meaningless if it's relevant to the topic is it?

I can't remember saying it was up to you, you have jumped in trying to defend their nonsense which didn't quite work out.

I haven't defended their nonsense I've explained reasoning for why they've created the Save the Sky Blues campaign, and why they rarely target Wasps/CCC. You're just not accepting it and trying to ask meaningless questions in an attempt to catch me out. Someone disagrees with you and you yet again try and move the goalposts so you can get one over. Embarrassing.

Nick

Administrator
I haven't defended their nonsense I've explained reasoning for why they've created the Save the Sky Blues campaign, and why they rarely target Wasps/CCC. You're just not accepting it and trying to ask meaningless questions in an attempt to catch me out. Someone disagrees with you and you yet again try and move the goalposts so you can get one over. Embarrassing.

So what is the reason for them doing it at that exact time? Did they just suddenly decide they needed a few more clicks or is that another one of those co-incidences that keep occurring?

What goalposts have I moved? They have been the same all along, CET and our situation here. It is you who keeps trying to take it elsewhere.

They aren't meaningless questions if they are related to what is being discussed. It's very relevant if you are saying they have no resources if they are having a live blog manned all day isn't it? Must be important to them ;)

SkyBlueCRJ

So what is the reason for them doing it at that exact time?

What goalposts have I moved? They have been the same all along, CET and our situation here. It is you who keeps trying to take it elsewhere.

They aren't meaningless questions if they are related to what is being discussed. It's very relevant if you are saying they have no resources if they are having a live blog manned all day isn't it? Must be important to them ;)

Yet again not reading posts and conjuring random questions to suit your arguement. I’ve reiterated the reasoning to why they perhaps have done it, I’m not explaining again. If your view differs please do explain?

How do I take it somewhere else? I was responding to your view that the CT is completely made up of content writers? If you want the debate to remain on topic don’t speak utter bollocks?

Yet again blatantly ignoring vital bits of a post. They don’t have a great deal of resources. Their staff have been cut hugely over the last decade, which is the reasoning behind why the number CT journalists go out chasing stories is decreasing rapidly. Setting someone up on Save our Sky Blues churning out 3/4 stories a day is hardly sweat off their back when it’s probably one of if not their main feature?

Nick

Administrator
Again, so why all of a sudden is this their main feature? Just a co-incidence? They don't have resources to actually do any journalism but they can have somebody sat about all day to push that?

Where have I said that it is completely content writers? It is the majority of them as they keep hiring for them and the actual journalists are pretty minimal which is why their stories are mostly copy and pasted SEO articles from their main bank.

As the thread states, there is some sort of desperation and the telegraph suddenly going all in adds to that a bit. They have obviously had the call from somewhere again ;)

SkyBlueCRJ

Again, so why all of a sudden is this their main feature? Just a co-incidence?

Where have I said that it is completely content writers? It is the majority of them as they keep hiring for them and the actual journalists are pretty minimal which is why their stories are mostly copy and pasted SEO articles from their main bank.

As the thread states, there is some sort of desperation and the telegraph suddenly going all in adds to that a bit. They have obviously had the call from somewhere again ;)

Of course not. Their campaign has coincided with the run up to the announcement of the vote hasn't it?

You tried to claim there was only a handful of journalists at the CT? Then were claiming on that the rest were content writers?

That's fine, but just because the thread states it doesn't mean I have to automatically agree. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the CT were working alongside the club to generate publicity. The club would be stupid not to reach out. But I can assure you that the CT will not sever ties with Wasps/CCC by running a campaign against them. If I'm wrong and they do then they either know something significant that could topple both parties or they're idiots, to put it bluntly. The campaign works very well for the CT, hence why you're seeing the number of stories published per day. They wouldn't have agreed to it if there wasn't an incentive involved. E.g. engagement/clicks. It works well for both parties, as i've stated.

Nick

Administrator
Of course not. Their campaign has coincided with the run up to the announcement of the vote hasn't it?

You tried to claim there was only a handful of journalists at the CT? Then were claiming on that the rest were content writers?

That's fine, but just because the thread states it doesn't mean I have to automatically agree. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the CT were working alongside the club to generate publicity. The club would be stupid not to reach out. But I can assure you that the CT will not sever ties with Wasps/CCC by running a campaign against them. If I'm wrong and they do then they either know something significant that could topple both parties or they're idiots, to put it bluntly. The campaign works very well for the CT, hence why you're seeing the number of stories published per day. They wouldn't have agreed to it if there wasn't an incentive involved. E.g. engagement/clicks. It works well for both parties, as i've stated.

I doubt the CET are working alongside the club. Their campaign has coincided with the other desperation, hence this thread.

Why would they have to agree to it? Surely this is a campaign they have thought up solely to help save CCFC?

Captain Dart

Another conspiracy ehhh..

SkyBlueCRJ

I doubt the CET are working alongside the club. Their campaign has coincided with the other desperation, hence this thread.

Why would they have to agree to it? Surely this is a campaign they have thought up solely to help save CCFC?

Maybe, maybe not. I'd be surprised if they weren't working alongside each other in some form or another given the seriousness of our situation. Like you said this is a campaign to help save CCFC. There's no reason for the two parties not to work together. 'Save our Sky Blues', works well for both parties. In the long run the CT will want CCFC to remain in Coventry and see them do well as its great coverage for them and always has been. So like I said, why wouldn't they be working together? It's great for the CT as people are clearly going onto their website every day and engaging with their feed for updates and it gives the club an avenue to express its messages through.

Sorry I mean KP wouldn't have signed off on it, regardless who they are working with or who came up with the idea, as he's obviously not going to dedicate limited resources on a daily feed out of the goodness of his heart. Also, he'd have to agree to it because their campaign involves multiple parties who have a direct relationship with the CT so there needs to be limitations in their content. Which relates to my original point regarding why they're reluctant to publicly speak out against CCC and Wasps.

slyblue57

Nick: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

JamesCCFC t: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

Man: No, I haven't, this is my first time.

Receptionist: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

Man: Well, what is the cost?

Receptionist: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

Man: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.

Receptionist: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment.

(Pause)

Receptionist: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory. Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.

Man: Thank you.

(Walks down the hall. Opens door.)

Mr. Barnard: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Man: Well, I was told outside that...

Mr. Barnard: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!

Man: What?

Mr. Barnard: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, malodorous, pervert!!!

Man: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!

Mr. Barnard: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.

Nick

Administrator
It's great coverage for the club?

"This is how you can join in the protest"
"how to get involved with the protest"

As you work in the industry, are you being a bit naive on who they would be working with on this "campaign"?

SkyBlueCRJ

It's great coverage for the club?

"This is how you can join in the protest"
"how to get involved with the protest"

As you work in the industry, are you being a bit naive on who they would be working with on this "campaign"?

How am I being naive? I said they could be working with each other in some form or another. I never said the club had a say on every single article did I? Neither did I say they wouldn't be working with other parties or that it would be 'great coverage for the club'. It just gives the club an avenue to express its messages through. It's only speculation but if I were acting on behalf of the club I'd be at least feeding bits over to the CT to convey messages across. I think it's a bit naive on your behalf that you don't think they're not working with the club whatsoever.

Nick

Administrator
How am I being naive? I said they could be working with each other in some form or another. I never said the club had a say on every single article did I? Neither did I say they wouldn't be working with other parties or that it would be 'great coverage for the club'. It just gives the club an avenue to express its messages through. It's only speculation but if I were acting on behalf of the club I'd be at least feeding bits over to the CT to convey messages across. I think it's a bit naive on your behalf that you don't think they're not working with the club whatsoever.

Where have I said they don't work together or talk at all? I am talking about this "campaign" they are running that you tried to make out they were working with the club on.

You don't seem to want the obvious pointed out, hence you say stuff like this about their campaign.

Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the CT were working alongside the club to generate publicity.

'Save our Sky Blues', works well for both parties

Judging on it so far, it works much better for other parties. Funny that.

Who is it trying to move the goalposts?

chiefdave

I do like how its left to the parody accounts to defend that nonsense.
Just catching up after a weekend away. What a shambles form JHW, finally the penny has dropped for many. Hopefully the press and the trust now ignore him as well.

The worst part is having been called out on it he doesn't back down, doesn't apologise, doesn't even have the courage to defend himself. Gets the other accounts to defend him instead.

Nick

Administrator
Just catching up after a weekend away. What a shambles form JHW, finally the penny has dropped for many. Hopefully the press and the trust now ignore him as well.

The worst part is having been called out on it he doesn't back down, doesn't apologise, doesn't even have the courage to defend himself. Gets the other accounts to defend him instead.

Oh no, he just lets the Parody ones from the bloke at the trust / council say that everybody works for SISU if they disagree with him.

I wonder if anybody from the Trust will dare to mention it or if it would just be ignored.

SkyBlueCRJ

Where have I said they don't work together or talk at all? I am talking about this "campaign" they are running that you tried to make out they were working with the club on.

You don't seem to want the obvious pointed out, hence you say stuff like this about their campaign.

Judging on it so far, it works much better for other parties. Funny that.

Who is it trying to move the goalposts?

Okay nick you're the overlord and you win. So fucking pathetic.

chiefdave

As far as the Telegraph is concerned they can't hide behind staffing levels or decreasing sales when they can dedicate resources to going after SISU but won't have a word said against the council or Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Case looks to be explained now with a perfect explanation for the desperation. ;)

ajsccfc

Is LapdogLes another one of Fisherbaiter/AintnoBoddy/Skybluebolloxlol's roster of witless Twitter aliases?

CDK

What with the council,wasps,dodgy bastards all of them on top of sisu the club has lost the goodwill of a lot of people and local business just when the progress made by the team from last season,just when does all this end as it's a blight on the team yand robins are and his staff.the supporters as we are get shit on again.

Users who are viewing this thread