Whiff of Desperation, something happening? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Over the past few days there have been a fair few people calling out all sides to sort it out.

Strangely, there are a few of the people who have banged on and on about "SISU apologists" over the years who seem really really desperate in trying to defend the other sides and say how they have done nothing wrong.

It is getting to the point where it is slowly starting to show a few agendas and more people are noticing it. People seem to be desperate to tell everybody that Wasps and the Council have done nothing wrong at all and are really going into overdrive to the point of re-writing history.

It just seems that more and more people think that SISU, Wasps and CCC should all stop the pissing about and the games and are saying they all should sort it out for CCFC. Something that has been said by a few for months now. Strangely, some people won't have it.

Funnily enough, some of the people getting a bit desperate have links to the council. Make of that what you will.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don’t think there’s any specific agendas I feel like it’s come to a head because deadlines are approaching and it’s radio silence on all counts. People are starting to get jittery with the end of the season coming.

I also think with it looking more and more likely we’re going to be safely mid table with nothing to play for, the football is taking a back seat again.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t think there’s any specific agendas I feel like it’s come to a head because deadlines are approaching and it’s radio silence on all counts. People are starting to get jittery with the end of the season coming.

I also think with it looking more and more likely we’re going to be safely mid table with nothing to play for, the football is taking a back seat again.

Sadly, there are always agendas.

When you have an ex council leader sat making images of bullshit quotes from SISU out of context and refusing to acknowledge any bullshit from the council side or when you have somebody who is heavily involved in the council making multiple social media accounts every other day to push the same sort of nonsense it shines through.

SkyBlueCRJ

I could be wrong but I do think a lot of it is people from each camp are trying to cover their own back and shifting the blame. As we've discussed on here on various threads I do believe people are getting very worried about the prospect of the club going under and the inevitable legal ramifications that will follow. If this were to become a reality SISU would be more relentless than ever in their litigation battle and wouldn't discriminate against any party/person/entity. If SISU believe a relevant party has done them wrong they can expect a lawsuit being filed against them. It may not be the full reason/agenda but it wouldn't shock me if it were a factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The council have been doing this for years though.

Out of interest I had a conversation with a friend who deals with Coventry City Council’s insurance department. I was talking to him the other day and he was complaining about a guy called David Johnson who works for them.

Does anyone know if it’s the same David Johnson who’s in the Jimmy Hill Way

Nick

Administrator
The council have been doing this for years though.

Out of interest I had a conversation with a friend who deals with Coventry City Council’s insurance department. I was talking to him the other day and he was complaining about a guy called David Johnson who works for them.

Does anyone know if it’s the same David Johnson who’s in the Jimmy Hill Way

I'm not sure it is to be fair, I thought he had his own business.

chiefdave

More than a whiff. What is interesting is that multiple people who have, or had, associations with the trust and council are trying desperately to push everything back on to SISU and don't want any pressure or questions for Wasps or the council.

I would have thought that everyone's primary aim should be to ensure we have a club next season but others seem to have that lower on their list of priorities.

Captain Dart

Can't see any change of direction. Just a ratcheting up of pressure as deadlines approach. Break out the tin foil hats.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Can't see any change of direction. Just a ratcheting up of pressure as deadlines approach. Break out the tin foil hats.
Whilst I’d tend to agree with this. It is telling that whenever CJ is questioned on the Trust’s stance towards the council, or on the action against wasps thread (lots of good feedback IMO) he goes mysteriously quiet.

Liquid Gold

Whilst I’d tend to agree with this. It is telling that whenever CJ is questioned on the Trust’s stance towards the council, or on the action against wasps thread (lots of good feedback IMO) he goes mysteriously quiet.
Yep, I appreciate they might be busy at the moment but there has been no action against either party yet after weeks of suggestions and they managed to put together the Luton protest quickly enough.

rob9872

Why is Gilbert so defensive of the council at present? He's always been hopeless, but that wasn't his position before and yet a couple of cosy up chats with Lucas and he's all for them. Does he see them as the future to keep on side with on the basis the club wont allow the CT in with the present owners? All rather odd.

Captain Dart

Whatever the reality is he would be a fool to say anything. Nick is more than likely just fishing for dirt or contradictions in what he says and SBT public statements. I have no idea why CJ suffers his interrogation.

SkyBlueCRJ

More than a whiff. What is interesting is that multiple people who have, or had, associations with the trust and council are trying desperately to push everything back on to SISU and don't want any pressure or questions for Wasps or the council.

I would have thought that everyone's primary aim should be to ensure we have a club next season but others seem to have that lower on their list of priorities.

You'd think whilst the "European City of Sport" and "City of Culture" was happening they'd stay impartial if anything rather than point fingers.

Nick

Administrator
Whatever the reality is he would be a fool to say anything. Nick is more than likely just fishing for dirt or contradictions in what he says and SBT public statements. I have no idea why CJ suffers his interrogation.

A fool to say what?

I don't think contradictions really need to be fished for.

The issue with that is that the Trust think people are thick with no memories. People can predict exactly what they will do.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I gather that, but like Nick I’m grateful for him to coming on here.

I’ve asked multiple questions of the council and wasps - and they get ignored. My Main one has always been, “Why doesn’t The Trust - which are rightfully against Franchising, condemn Wasps move to Coventry, and why are they not attacking previous council statements?”

He’s quick to discuss football matters, and even protest matters

Nick

Administrator
I gather that, but like Nick I’m grateful for him to coming on here.

I’ve asked multiple questions of the council and wasps - and they get ignored. My Main one has always been, “Why doesn’t The Trust - which are rightfully against Franchising, condemn Wasps move to Coventry, and why are they not attacking previous council statements?”

He’s quick to discuss football matters, and even protest matters

That's the thing, there is radio silence about it. It doesn't take 5 minutes to discuss things or even say "we thought about this but we decided against it because...." or "this is a good idea, we will use it but we might need to change this or that because of legal reasons"

Just saying "we have taken it on board" and then just announcing the next SISU protest to hold a bit of paper up time after time is something that people can see a mile off.

There is clearly no interest at all in the Wasps Action thread, it was started just so it could be said "but we asked about Wasps and nobody was interested".

Sometimes the silence is more telling than what is said.

chiefdave

You can actually see who is viewing threads so we can all CJ has been looking at the thread since people have been asking for an update but no response has been given.

Even a 'we haven't had chance to discuss them yet' would be better than complete silence.

Mcbean

I cant believe the lack of action - its not as if Brexit is more important - have tweeted Laura Kuenssberg - we need her rasping rapier like questioning and comment to the main players - they should melt at the prospect - she surely has nothing else to do

Captain Dart

You can actually see who is viewing threads so we can all CJ has been looking at the thread since people have been asking for an update but no response has been given.

Even a 'we haven't had chance to discuss them yet' would be better than complete silence.
Could just be at work and left a device logged in on that page.

Nick

Administrator
One of the issues is that for months if not years if anybody has said that Wasps or the Council should be pressured they have just been a "SISU Apologist" and people have just reeled that corker off.

Now it is getting closer, people are saying that SISU, WASPS, CCC or whoever at all has any sort of say or any sort of blame should be pressured and sorting it out. In turn, the people who have been sat behind the "SISU Apologist" line for years are now desperate to say that the other parties have done nothing wrong, the irony of it.

chiefdave

I cant believe the lack of action - its not as if Brexit is more important - have tweeted Laura Kuenssberg - we need her rasping rapier like questioning and comment to the main players - they should melt at the prospect - she surely has nothing else to do
Didn't realise the Trust, council and Wasps were also in charge of sorting Brexit. No wonder they all seem a bit stressed :emoji_joy:

chiefdave

Former council leader and trust chairman John Fletcher is currently stating on twitter that SISU should drop the legal action as if they win Wasps will have to pay more.

If they win that means the council have done something they shouldn't.

Nick

Administrator
Former council leader and trust chairman John Fletcher is currently stating on twitter that SISU should drop the legal action as if they win Wasps will have to pay more.

Not that I think SISU will win but the whole idea that if they did it would be SISU in the wrong still is a bit strange. SISU would only win if others have done something wrong, therefore if SISU do win and Wasps have to pay the Council. It is between those 2 at fault.

JimmyHillsbeard

Over the past few days there have been a fair few people calling out all sides to sort it out.

Strangely, there are a few of the people who have banged on and on about "SISU apologists" over the years who seem really really desperate in trying to defend the other sides and say how they have done nothing wrong.

It is getting to the point where it is slowly starting to show a few agendas and more people are noticing it. People seem to be desperate to tell everybody that Wasps and the Council have done nothing wrong at all and are really going into overdrive to the point of re-writing history.

It just seems that more and more people think that SISU, Wasps and CCC should all stop the pissing about and the games and are saying they all should sort it out for CCFC. Something that has been said by a few for months now. Strangely, some people won't have it.

Funnily enough, some of the people getting a bit desperate have links to the council. Make of that what you will.

Yep. I put the Ann Lucas quote image from @Joy Division image on Twitter. V predictable response from certain places.

rob9872

I think they'll win. I also think Wasps and the CCC are concerned they'll win which is why they're putting pressure on. If they do win, it will exonerate SISU and Wasps will pay more, but then to compensate they'll put the rent up and it will snowball.

Basically if SISU win, then nobody wins especially not the club, only their investors will benefit. The other parties will have been proven wrong though, but it wont help us, just more parties to blame.

Is therefore not an amicable solution where SISU drop the legal action and a binding without prejudice disclaimer signed to pass over eg a 20% stake in the ground/holdings. It could be put in CCFC name only and cement our position whilst at the same time ending this saga.

I'd be happy to mediate if we could get them all round the table, but I suspect that's far too simplified and nobody wants to offer any concessions on either side and we're stuck homeless in the middle of this mess.

Ashdown

As I've said before if the council has really done things out of spite and wronged it's tax payers and stakeholders then they should be brought to heel. However nobody wants it at the expense of CCFC. We are just being held to ransom whilst this shit is exhausted but sadly some hostages never make it out !!

Ashdown

I think they'll win. I also think Wasps and the CCC are concerned they'll win which is why they're putting pressure on. If they do win, it will exonerate SISU and Wasps will pay more, but then to compensate they'll put the rent up and it will snowball.

Basically if SISU win, then nobody wins especially not the club, only their investors will benefit. The other parties will have been proven wrong though, but it wont help us, just more parties to blame.

Is therefore not an amicable solution where SISU drop the legal action and a binding without prejudice disclaimer signed to pass over eg a 20% stake in the ground/holdings. It could be put in CCFC name only and cement our position whilst at the same time ending this saga.

I'd be happy to mediate if we could get them all round the table, but I suspect that's far too simplified and nobody wants to offer any concessions on either side and we're stuck homeless in the middle of this mess.
Sounds lovely that.......except SISU would want to make a profit out of it themselves somehow and that would inevitably lead to a whole raft of further court cases. It's never ending !

Esoterica

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
As I've said before if the council has really done things out of spite and wronged it's tax payers and stakeholders then they should be brought to heel. However nobody wants it at the expense of CCFC. We are just being held to ransom whilst this shit is exhausted but sadly some hostages never make it out !!

They won't make it out while there is only one side being pressured or held to account.

Grendel

Lol what a suprise

Users who are viewing this thread