Whiff of Desperation, something happening? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

They can't. It is to mislead people and get them worked up for when somebody's takeover attempt is announced.

It is all part of a PR plan ;)

What's getting people worked up going to do though?

SkyBlueCRJ

Get people singing only one Gary Hoffman when it's said that he can save the club and give them a home and the club should be handed to him, for example ;)

Don't people realise that it's the most pointless exercise though considering SISU aren't bothered what the fans think or say? This whole campaign is a complete waste of time as it's just not how business works. Gary Hoffman isn't an idiot (obviously), he knows this as well. It's just clear to me that his 'bid' is just self-publicity and I'd actually go as far to say that he enjoys this. He's created an image of himself that he's a knight in shining armour saving the club from the abyss and fans are falling for it.

Besides SISU doing something illegal, no entity/governing body or individual has the power to remove SISU apart from SISU. It's baffling how people fail to understand this.

Nick

Administrator
Don't people realise that it's the most pointless exercise though considering SISU aren't bothered what the fans think or say? This whole campaign is a complete waste of time as it's just not how business works. Gary Hoffman isn't an idiot (obviously), he knows this as well. It's just clear to me that his 'bid' is just self-publicity and I'd actually go as far to say that he enjoys this. He's created an image of himself that he's a knight in shining armour saving the club from the abyss and fans are falling for it.

Besides SISU doing something illegal, no entity/governing body or individual has the power to remove SISU apart from SISU. It's baffling how people fail to understand this.

Because the local press and fans group mislead them into thinking it.

It has been obvious for weeks.

SkyBlueCRJ

Because the local press and fans group mislead them into thinking it.

It has been obvious for weeks.

It's sad that the CT and others create this illusion. This IMO is where the Sky Blue Trust has failed its supporters especially, as its failed to educate the majority.

Nick

Administrator
Where is Gary Hoffman?
Fans have been asking where Gary Hoffman is.

Our article here might help to explain...

The former vice-chairman of Coventry City FC, led a consortium of businessmen which attempted to take over the Sky Blues four times.

Speaking to the Telegraph in November 2017 - after the last bid to buy the club from owners Sisu failed - Mr Hoffman indicated he had no intention of giving up his quest, though there have been no further takeover updates since then.

giphy.gif

Gibbo

Without the golden share would not SISU have to mark down the value of the asset on their books. So much so the asset would be worthless. SISU need CCFC (or Otium - not sure which) to be trading to a certain level. Was that a message from the Northampton experiment?

SBAndy

Without the golden share would not SISU have to mark down the value of the asset on their books. So much so the asset would be worthless. SISU need CCFC (or Otium - not sure which) to be trading to a certain level. Was that a message from the Northampton experiment?

Potential to write down intangible assets but I haven’t looked at the accounts. Won’t make a difference to the P&L performance of the business on asset base alone, though the reduction in turnover from being expelled would impact hugely.

On an asset basis the club is as good as worthless anyway, that’s why only fruitcakes get involved in football.

Colin Steins Smile

Potential to write down intangible assets but I haven’t looked at the accounts. Won’t make a difference to the P&L performance of the business on asset base alone, though the reduction in turnover from being expelled would impact hugely.

On an asset basis the club is as good as worthless anyway, that’s why only fruitcakes get involved in football.
Exactly - how do you become a millionaire? Start off as a Billionaire and buy a football club!

Gibbo

Their P&L would improve, as CCFC lose money. In terms of SISU won't there "turnover" just be the profit or loss from each investment, not the sales of the investment itself?
As a hedge fund, doesn't the asset value matter as it is a measure of the size of the fund, and that is important to attracting new clients?
Your last point begs an obvious "why" question. But obviously at the top, Glaziers & Liverpool's owners it is commercially successful by their own lights
"It's a Mystery to Me" - great song by The Tubes from 1978 comes into my head

SBAndy

Their P&L would improve, as CCFC lose money. In terms of SISU won't there "turnover" just be the profit or loss from each investment, not the sales of the investment itself?
As a hedge fund, doesn't the asset value matter as it is a measure of the size of the fund, and that is important to attracting new clients?
Your last point begs an obvious "why" question. But obviously at the top, Glaziers & Liverpool's owners it is commercially successful by their own lights
"It's a Mystery to Me" - great song by The Tubes from 1978 comes into my head

I misunderstood your point it seems. They’d be looking at it from a return-on-investment basis if indeed they are still interested in the financial performance at all. For the outlay they make there’s nothing that they take back in, so ROI is non-existent on a short-term basis. That’s why you have people making the argument about SISU wanting to get the club to a point where they own a stadium (or a long lease), have good working relationships, etc as this is the only way to give a realistic long-term ROI strategy.

Others think that we are a loss-maker to write down their tax liabilities. I’m not so sure on that, but can see that angle as well.

Anyway, to answer your question, if the right to play in the EFL was removed (following natural assumptions):
- assets decrease if there’s any intangibles relating to league status
- liabilities remain
- turnover falls
- costs fall
Whether the turnover decrease outweighs the cost decrease I wouldn’t have a clue, but likelihood is this would lead us to being even more unlikely to generate a ROI either short-term or long-term.

Nick

Administrator

Hahaha

Remember when it was said the trust should distance from this clown and it was ignored?

D

Deleted member 2477

So the alternative is we do nothing and accept whats happening, roll over and take it.
The Blackpool fans never gave up and they finally got their club back from shit owners. I do wonder sometimes if our city and our fan base have a lie down and die attitude when it comes to standing up against the powers to be making poor decisions

Nick

Administrator
So the alternative is we do nothing and accept whats happening, roll over and take it.
The Blackpool fans never gave us and they finally got their club back from shit owners. I do wonder sometimes if our city and our fan base have a lie down and die attitude when it comes to standing up against the powers to be making poor decisions

Blackpool was nothing to do with their fans.

Another bit of misinformation so people can pat backs.

Paul Anthony

Good to see that not one single reply to that tweet supports him. People are starting to see through him.

Not the reaction he was hoping for at all. Just sounds so up himself posting that kind of crap.

Nick

Administrator
'Fisherbaiter' is supportive surprisingly, and I assume his selection of thick parody counts will follow if required
This shows the desperation even more. He will support him as they are mates from their cov ladies days ;)

We now have both him and the telegraph trying to get people worked up at robins.

The sooner they all get seen for what they are, the better!

ajsccfc

Robins has a badge of honour now though, he joins exalted company with John Sillett who was also accused of being a sisu apologist stooge yes man for going on the radio and not just snarling about them.

Nick

Administrator
Robins has a badge of honour now though, he joins exalted company with John Sillett who was also accused of being a sisu apologist stooge yes man for going on the radio and not just snarling about them.
Exactly.

That clown is working his way through people to alienate and agendas are shining through. I'm sure it will all come out over time.

They are desperate because more people are saying others are to blame as well as sisu.

SkyBlueCRJ

The Blackpool fans never gave up and they finally got their club back from shit owners. I do wonder sometimes if our city and our fan base have a lie down and die attitude when it comes to standing up against the powers to be making poor decisions

Absolute drivel. The Blackpool scenario had nothing to do with the fans.

Nick

Administrator
They have lost it!

Maybe they can fuck off to their phoenix club sooner rather than later

Grendel

Ah yes a SISU puppet who is senile and drunk. A fine episode in this forums history

Users who are viewing this thread