What was the WASPS crowd today (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

If you cant work it out yourself then there is clearly no point. Did you go to watch the team (CCFC) in Northampton?

I never went to Northampton because that would have supported Sisu plan to get the Ricoh freehold for themselves.
I really can't see what that's got to do with Wasps !!

Moff

I never went to Northampton because that would have supported Sisu plan to get the Ricoh freehold for themselves.

So I take it you didnt attend the Gillingham game, and bought your season ticket after Wasps had bought the stadium did you, as not to fund and support SISU's plan?

Moff

I have not got a clue what you are rambling on about !!

You know damn well what I am on about, the fact you are one huge flouncing, bandwagoning hypocrite.

You claim you wouldn't go to watch CCFC in Northampton as they were moved from their home, but jump at the chance to watch another team who were subjected to the same. Hypocrite.

You now change your tune as it suits your point of view and say you didn't attend Northampton because you didn't want to fund SISU's attempt to distress ACL. Sadly that argument also shows you are a hypocrite as you jumped at the chance at going to the Gillingham game and getting your season ticket, which shows that actually you were happy to fund SISU, all before finding out about Wasps bid, so you were lying about the facts and are again a hypocrite.

If that's what you want to do fair enough, but your complete lying bollocks just ties you up in knots. If you are going to constantly lie then at least be consistent in the tales you tell.

Brighton Sky Blue

You know damn well what I am on about, the fact you are one huge flouncing, bandwagoning hypocrite.

You claim you wouldn't go to watch CCFC in Northampton as they were moved from their home, but jump at the chance to watch another team who were subjected to the same. Hypocrite.

You now change your tune as it suits your point of view and say you didn't attend Northampton because you didn't want to fund SISU's attempt to distress ACL. Sadly that argument also shows you are a hypocrite as you jumped at the chance at going to the Gillingham game and getting your season ticket, which shows that actually you were happy to fund SISU, all before finding out about Wasps bid, so you were lying about the facts and are again a hypocrite.

If that's what you want to do fair enough, but your complete lying bollocks just ties you up in knots. If you are going to constantly lie then at least be consistent in the tales you tell.

All it took was a flame-grilled steak ciabatta at the Wasps' Nest to turn Italia's head. Actually that's making me hungry and he may have had a point.

wingy

Has he forgotten about 'bloodgate'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

All it took was a flame-grilled steak ciabatta at the Wasps' Nest to turn Italia's head. Actually that's making me hungry and he may have had a point.

This weekend should help to settle this feud, temporarily at least when both teams of the Oval scene face up to one another @Franklin Gardens I think

SkyblueBazza

There is a big difference though in fairness...Wasps didn't have a "Home".
Ours was purpose built for us & we walked away from it of our own accord.

If a bloke walks out on his woman - it's no good him moaning when he finds out she's moved some other guy in a year down the line.

PUSB

Moff

If a bloke walks out on his woman - it's no good him moaning when he finds out she's moved some other guy in a year down the line.

PUSB

Its his hypocricy that bugs me, and the fact he seems to mention wasps in every post like a Wasps Parrott

SkyBlue_Bear83

PUSB

Yea but then that bloke wouldn't go and be best chums with the other guy and say fair play to him and kissing his ass like our fans do to Wasps.

lordsummerisle

They did, but sold it for housing and ended up having to rent somewhere and couldn't survive apparently by renting and not getting year round revenue.

You're right actually, absolutely nothing like our situation.

If only we could find something like a 32,000 seat stadium with a 250 year lease for £5.5 million where the previous tenant had paid around £9million in rent for it, we could maybe rent it to them when we didn't want it, but still keep the majority of the revenues earned ourselves.

Do you know of anywhere like that? Might have to travel a bit for it, but all for the greater good.

SkyblueBazza

They did, but sold it for housing and ended up having to rent somewhere and couldn't survive apparently by renting and not getting year round revenue.

If only we could find something like a 32,000 seat stadium with a 250 year lease for £5.5 million where the previous tenant had paid around £9million in rent for it, we could maybe rent it to them when we didn't want it, but still keep the majority of the revenues earned ourselves.

Do you know of anywhere like that? Might have to travel a bit for it, but all for the greater good.
We are like young children in all this though. Our parents have made us feel like shit because of where & how they got us to this state...but powerless to change it to exactly how we want it to be.
So I can understand the the bitter taste some have...but blaming, resenting, sneering at or wishing ill of Wasps is not healthy.
In truth neither is it healthy to sneer etc at those rhat do feel bitter.

PUSB

SkyblueBazza

Yea but then that bloke wouldn't go and be best chums with the other guy and say fair play to him and kissing his ass like our fans do to Wasps.
Conversely were he a sensible, rational thinking bloke - he would not go stalking, beating up, bad mouthing him either. He would just leave well alone as to do otherwise sends the message of "I wish I never left her - I still love her". Even if that IS what the sensible, rational bloke thought...maybe quiet reflection would be better to maintain respect & dignity.

PUSB

stupot07

Conversely were he a sensible, rational thinking bloke - he would not go stalking, beating up, bad mouthing him either. He would just leave well alone as to do otherwise sends the message of "I wish I never left her - I still love her". Even if that IS what the sensible, rational bloke thought...maybe quiet reflection would be better to maintain respect & dignity.

PUSB

But you wouldn't go want to lodge in the blokes gaff, having to witness their PDA's (badges, banners, memorabilia, eventually seat colour change, etc) rubbing your face in it every other week.....

A sensible person would move out and find somewhere else to live.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

I think we tried to buy just what you are talking about. But we tried to piss off the owners and drive down the value of it.
I think we thought there was nobody else but us. Risky gamble really when the alternative is costs far far far more and probably would reap anywhere near the same rewards :(

SkyblueBazza

But you wouldn't go want to lodge in the blokes gaff, having to witness their PDA's (badges, banners, memorabilia, eventually seat colour change, etc) rubbing your face in it every other week.....

A sensible person would move out and find somewhere else to live.........

That is true too.
Depending on how open minded you are though...Some blokes would move back in & share the woman

PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

PUSB

I agree with you on both counts, all our 'fans' should be leaving Wasps alone, that would be perfect actually unfortunately there are those who wish to support and defend them and I also agree we should try and distance ourselves from the Wasps and the first step in that is getting our own stadium.

Continuing with your analogy, it would only be mentally impaired who would go around supporting the new relationship and seem ecstatic about it like a few on here do.

J

Jack Griffin

The anticipated collapse in attendance at the egg chasing games has still to happen. There was a 16K crowd today.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Shame they can't turn out for Coventry teams, part of the problem.

Didn't look that populated on the videos and pictures, suspect they bumped it up by a few k to make it sound better (or do we only throw that accusation around for the football?)

SkyBlue_Bear83

In all seriousness, the big test will come when Wasps can no longer afford to give out cheap/freebie and they jack up there prices and if the results start to go south for them.

skybluejelly

Loads of free tickets at work for these again although they are now limiting them to 4 per person .. A few people who have gone have said the food queues are horrendous ... So I told them to come to the footy there's hardly any queues nowadays

italiahorse

In all seriousness, the big test will come when Wasps can no longer afford to give out cheap/freebie and they jack up there prices and if the results start to go south for them.

We really need to work with them.
They are far more professional than our management.

Pitch ? ..... no problem they will provide a new one in a month and a top class one in the summer.
Bar Queues ? ..... no problem they fill the outside wall of the stadium with portable bars, multiple food outlets and entertainment.
Entertainment ? ..... In the Jaguar hall, in the bar areas and on the pitch where even Sky Blue Sam raced the Harlequins and Wasps mascots.

Sisu just sit and do absolutely nothing on the pitch, in the superstore, with our long term home and the usual few fans on here blame Wasps and people who are just enjoying life.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Pitch ? ..... no problem they will provide a new one in a month and a top class one in the summer.
Bar Queues ? ..... no problem they fill the outside wall of the stadium with portable bars, multiple food outlets and entertainment.
Entertainment ? ..... In the Jaguar hall, in the bar areas and on the pitch where even Sky Blue Sam raced the Harlequins and Wasps mascots.

Sisu just sit and do absolutely nothing on the pitch, in the superstore, with our long term home and the usual few fans on here blame Wasps and people who are just enjoying life.
We get it, Wasps are amazing, we've heard it before.

Wait what? Sky Blue Sam was at the Wasps match? :eek: Always hated that fat, treacherous elephant anyways.

stupot07

You do realise they are in all probability doing all this at a loss in order dupe people like yourself into being to a new fan.

italiahorse

We get it, Wasps are amazing, we've heard it before.

Wait what? Sky Blue Sam was at the Wasps match? :eek: Always hated that fat, treacherous elephant anyways.

So it's now treachery to go and watch Wasps?
You really need to get over it.
We need to get the best long term deal we can with Wasps, while they are uncertain of the future and before time runs out.
A few on here along with Sisu would cut off their nose to spite their face :facepalm:

italiahorse

You do realise they are in all probability doing all this at a loss in order dupe people like yourself into being to a new fan.

I'm there to watch rugby and to down some Guiness.
Thoroughly enjoyable and full afternoon.
Did I mention the free chocolates on the way out ? ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

So it's now treachery to go and watch Wasps?
You really need to get over it.
We need to get the best long term deal we can with Wasps, while they are uncertain of the future and before time runs out.
It was a joke about Sky Blue Sam, no need to be so defensive about Wasps mate.

A few on here along with Sisu would cut off their nose to spite their face :facepalm:

Could say something similar about all those who refuse to support the club because of SISU.

Just to add despite what I think of the Wasps move, I've got no problem with partnering with Wasps if it can be shown it will be in the best interest of the club. I'm not yet convinced it would be, yet people like you lap it up and beg for it without even having answers to the relevant questions.

Last edited:

italiahorse

It was a joke about Sky Blue Sam, no need to be so defensive about Wasps mate.

Could say something similar about all those who refuse to support the club because of SISU.

I do both so I'm a CCFC fan first.
Just getting a little pissed off that we don't drop the JR and discuss what we want with Wasps.
If Sisu come back and say we asked for this and got turned down then we can get behind them.
But all they say is they need all the incomes but for nothing invested.

Missed the joke, sorry :(
Sky blue sam could do with a makeover. He looks a bit scruffy :)

martcov

Sems to be working well and long term it will bring in more than the outlay.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I do both so I'm a CCFC fan first.
Just getting a little pissed off that we don't drop the JR and discuss what we want with Wasps.
If Sisu come back and say we asked for this and got turned down then we can get behind them.
But all they say is they need all the incomes but for nothing invested.

Missed the joke, sorry :(
Sky blue sam could do with a makeover. He looks a bit scruffy :)

I know you do both but there are some who have stopped attending because of the owners so they could also have the same criticism leveled at them about cutting their nose, I'm just as pissed as off at SISU and the legal proceeding as everyone else, we all are.

As I added to previous my post, I'd have no problem with partnering with Wasps, despite what I think of there move, if it could be shown that it is in the best interests of the club and the relevant points like rent, revenues, branding around the stadium, seats, club shop, accessibility and others are properly addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread