What was the WASPS crowd today (1 Viewer)

Moff

It's the reserve side playing in a tin pot trophy.

I dont think the holders Exeter would agree with that sentiment, but then yet again you try to act like you know something you dont.

When there are only three trophys up for grabs and Wasps havent won anything for years I would have thought a bandwagonner like you would be wanting them to win something rather than their recent nothing.

italiahorse

I dont think the holders Exeter would agree with that sentiment, but then yet again you try to act like you know something you dont.

When there are only three trophys up for grabs and Wasps havent won anything for years I would have thought a bandwagonner like you would be wanting them to win something rather than their recent nothing.

It was the reserves today including one little player who has never played before. No big names today.

Moff

It was the reserves today including one little player who has never played before. No big names today.

Dodging the question again.

You dont need to explain it to me, I have been supporting a club longer than five minutes thanks. Dont you want Wasps to win something?

italiahorse

To be fair we haven't been dolling out 3500 freebies for those that attended the previous game and further freebies and discounts on top of that.

How would you possible know this and what does it matter if like me you spend another bundle during the match ?
As always guesswork !!

The Lurker

To be fair we haven't been dolling out 3500 freebies for those that attended the previous game and further freebies and discounts on top of that.

I was under the impression sisu were supposed to be giving free tickets for schools. Either that was bullshit or the offer wasn't taken up. End of the day, 7,000 fans for us is poor and that's down to sisu and their off the field antics

SkyblueBazza

Disagree football fans have loyalty attached to the club first, the sport second, from what I am observing with rugby its the sport first, their club allegiance is less. The Ricoh with less than 15,000 is poor regardless of the sport.
Ahhh yes...football fans are SO much better than rugby ones.

PUSB

italiahorse

Dodging the question again.

You dont need to explain it to me, I have been supporting a club longer than five minutes thanks. Dont you want Wasps to win something?

Just enjoying it at the moment. Obviously if I'm supporting I want them to win something.
It seems a different culture in Rugby though. It seems more about the individual games.

SkyblueBazza

All well and good, but how is anger/guilt/gloating against the interests of ccfc?

The way I see it, most of the gloating comes from those that have attended and like to tell us how much better wasps are than us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Wasps aren't the enemy...those responsible for ruining CCFC are tested enemy. Some are within CCFC...
Wasps are just an easy target because like spoilt children some fans cannot accept that someone else got what we wanted...because they feel their parents have failed them!

PUSB

SkyblueBazza

Exactly, which is why the bandwagon jumping filling wasps coffers, giving them an inflated fan base is detrimental to ccfc.

In fact in terms of supporter base, it's in wasps interests for us to struggle, for fans to turn away, where they will be waiting with open arms for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Except they may be tempted to make an offer for CCFC if they raise the coffers...we already can see they are prepared to speculate to accumulate. A successful Wasps & CCFC in the same stadium would be a mighty fine return on investment.

PUSB

The Lurker

Wasps aren't the enemy...those responsible for ruining CCFC are tested enemy. Some are within CCFC...
Wasps are just an easy target because like spoilt children some fans cannot accept that someone else got what we wanted...because they feel their parents have failed them!

PUSB

My thoughts exactly. Anyone would think our off the field problems started when wasps took the Ricoh over. They are an easy target.

Grendel

How would you possible know this and what does it matter if like me you spend another bundle during the match ?
As always guesswork !!

Enjoyed coming to London Irish and Sale Sharks….. continue the fun and join us for Wasps v Leinster – and
get FREE tickets to the Cardiff Blues game!!
Wasps are one of the most established and famous names in English Club rugby having won the European Cup
twice and numerous league titles over our 147 year history. Previous players who have played for Wasps
include Lawrence Dallaglio, Josh Lewsey, Simon Shaw, Rob Andrew, Simon Melville to name but a few.
By way of this letter we would like to offer you an exciting opportunity to come and watch the team play at the
Ricoh Arena in the European Rugby Champions Cup against three times European Champions – Leinster Rugby.
Our offer gives you the opportunity to buy tickets for this, our first home European Cup game at the Ricoh
Arena on Saturday, 24th
January; Kick Off – 1pm and we will match them with a FREE issue of the equivalent
tickets for the game against Cardiff Blues, in the LV= Cup on the Sunday, 1st
February 2014.

stupot07

Except they may be tempted to make an offer for CCFC if they raise the coffers...we already can see they are prepared to speculate to accumulate. A successful Wasps & CCFC in the same stadium would be a mighty fine return on investment.

PUSB

Wasps wont be buying us, a successful wasps and ccfc at the ricoh would require significant year on year investment, wrack up the losses and debt, and unlikely to attract a buyer to get a return on their investment. Far too much risk, wasps owners havent got enough money to keep bank rolling them, let alone us as well. We really need to drop this idea, it'd not going to happen.

italiahorse

Enjoyed coming to London Irish and Sale Sharks….. continue the fun and join us for Wasps v Leinster – and
get FREE tickets to the Cardiff Blues game!!
Wasps are one of the most established and famous names in English Club rugby having won the European Cup
twice and numerous league titles over our 147 year history. Previous players who have played for Wasps
include Lawrence Dallaglio, Josh Lewsey, Simon Shaw, Rob Andrew, Simon Melville to name but a few.
By way of this letter we would like to offer you an exciting opportunity to come and watch the team play at the
Ricoh Arena in the European Rugby Champions Cup against three times European Champions – Leinster Rugby.
Our offer gives you the opportunity to buy tickets for this, our first home European Cup game at the Ricoh
Arena on Saturday, 24th
January; Kick Off – 1pm and we will match them with a FREE issue of the equivalent
tickets for the game against Cardiff Blues, in the LV= Cup on the Sunday, 1st
February 2014.

Yes I know all that.
It's the guess on numbers that is the question.

Moff

PUSB

Not everyone dislikes Wasps for the aforementioned reason, although if honest I would prefer neither them or SISU to ever own the Ricoh, and would want it in the hands of CCFC under new ownership, not the shits that are SISU.

I dislike Wasps as i dont like the concept of what they did ie) Franchise Club, nor the fact they landed themselves in a city with an alreday etsablished team, and as a Cov Rugby fan as well as a Northampton Saints fan, I loathe the bastards.

SkyblueBazza

Wasps wont be buying us, a successful wasps and ccfc at the ricoh would require significant year on year investment, wrack up the losses and debt, and unlikely to attract a buyer to get a return on their investment. Far too much risk, wasps owners havent got enough money to keep bank rolling them, let alone us as well. We really need to drop this idea, it'd not going to happen.
Yes. Just like lots of things that would never happen. I also don't think successful clubs of any sort require year on year investment. They make money for their investors.

PUSB

Grendel

Yes I know all that.
It's the guess on numbers that is the question.

Different game and same offer;
Coming to the Ricoh….. come along and join in the celebrations for
Wasps v London Irish – and get FREE tickets to the Sale game!!

Wasps are one of the most established and famous names in English Club rugby having won
the European Cup twice and numerous league titles over our 147 year history. Previous players
who have played for Wasps include Lawrence Dallaglio, Josh Lewsey, Simon Shaw, Rob
Andrew, Simon Melville to name but a few.
By way of this letter we would like to offer you an exciting opportunity to come and watch the
team play at the Ricoh Arena and be part of this new and exciting journey for the Club.
Our offer gives you the opportunity to buy tickets for our first home game at the Ricoh on 21st

December against London Irish (Kick Off – 2pm) and we will match them with a FREE issue of
the equivalent tickets for the game against the Sale Sharks on the 4th January 2015.

SkyblueBazza

Wasps' Defence Coach Brad Davis "To have nine to ten thousand people come out for an LV=Cup fixture, considering the corresponding fixture last season has an attendance of just over five thousand, was phenomenal."

PUSB

stupot07

Yes. Just like lots of things that would never happen. I also don't think successful clubs of any sort require year on year investment. They make money for their investors.

PUSB

How's that then? There's not a lot of spare revenue in ACL, wasps currently losing £3-4m per annum, we can't compete in the championship without significant investment (clubs allowed to lose £13m pa). Obviously wasps will change their business model, but is there really extra £3-4m pa revenue to fund wasps losses, let along £6-7m pa extra revenue we would need in order that we need to tread water in the championship?

Last edited:

Sick Boy

9 1/2 K for the rugby version of the JPT. 15 reserves fielded and loads of points score seems ok to me.
Wasps are not the problem here they conduct themselves professionally at all times. If they were our tenants I don't think there would be half the bad feeling.
CCFC (sisu) could have bought the Ricoh years ago, instead they tried to steal it from the Coventry public in the same way they stole the club in the first place. Don't blame wasps, if they were to make an offer to buy CCFC I think everyone would be delighted. PUSB COYW #coventryteams

COYW? How's the franchise bandwagon? They aren't a Coventry team.

Moff

They are now. Time will heal.

Until the next move.

Time will heal...how dramatic! are you talking about real life or some dramatic forgiveness from the people of Coventry to your new heroes in town.

People will always remember they are not a Coventry team, apart from sad bandwagoners who come on here to sing their praises. Its cringeworthy.

Lets hope Coventry RFC continue onwards and upwards and get to the top league in the not too distant future, so that people watch the team named after the City it came from leaving Wasps with just a handful of their real fans and a few misplaced locals who couldnt wait to jump into bed with the new franchise in town.

italiahorse

Until the next move.

Time will heal...how dramatic! are you talking about real life or some dramatic forgiveness from the people of Coventry to your new heroes in town.

People will always remember they are not a Coventry team, apart from sad bandwagoners who come on here to sing their praises. Its cringeworthy.

Lets hope Coventry RFC continue onwards and upwards and get to the top league in the not too distant future, so that people watch the team named after the City it came from leaving Wasps with just a handful of their real fans and a few misplaced locals who couldnt wait to jump into bed with the new franchise in town.

That's your opinion.
You could say that people are getting on the Coventry RFC bandwagon if you wanted to be pedantic.
You do know that if you support CCFC you will struggle to support CRFC in person don't you ?

olderskyblue

Like the Blaze or the Crusaders?

Covstu

PUSB

You know what this is right, I am fecking jealous that Wasps have the stadium and with it the rights to change waht they see fit. I still cannot understand why our useless owners didnt progress this earlier than they should have and now it is too late.

I dont hate Wasps but it sticks in my throat when so called City fans are jumping ship to support them and then still quoting how much they love sky blues etc etc.

I am not into Rugby, each to their own and all that so i doubt i would go watch them (couldnt afford to attend both city and Wasps games) but for people using the excuse that our owners are shit so i will go watch Wasps just doesnt stack up. You dont pick your club but you are stuck with em.

Moff

That's your opinion.
You could say that people are getting on the Coventry RFC bandwagon if you wanted to be pedantic.
You do know that if you support CCFC you will struggle to support CRFC in person don't you ?

Yes I do. But I try my best rather than jumping on the latest bandwagon.

Still I could always just flounce off to the franchise team like some.

Moff

Like the Blaze or the Crusaders?

Two teams I have never watched.

Try to keep it current though the Crusaders are no longer going, which is ironic if you were using them as an example oh how well a team did when it moved to the City.

Lets see how and what The Blaze or Wasps do if the fans and cash run out.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Two teams I have never watched.

Try to keep it current though the Crusaders are no longer going, which is ironic if you were using them as an example oh how well a team did when it moved to the City.

Lets see how and what The Blaze or Wasps do if the fans and cash run out.

The point was about being "accepted" as a Coventry team.

I am more worried about CCFC going out of business rather than Blaze or Wasps.

italiahorse

Yes I do. But I try my best rather than jumping on the latest bandwagon.

Still I could always just flounce off to the franchise team like some.

Why is there a problem with me being a CCFC season ticket holder, also attending most away games and then going to watch Wasps because I like top class Rugby ?

Moff

Why is there a problem with me being a CCFC season ticket holder, also attending most away games and then going to watch Wasps because I like top class Rugby ?

If you cant work it out yourself then there is clearly no point. Did you go to watch the team (CCFC) in Northampton?

Users who are viewing this thread