What was the WASPS crowd today (1 Viewer)

rob9872

i'd happily take a "home record" of P5, W3, D1, L1 for CCFC

I think the fixture backlog to complete by May would kill us, although SP possibly has another 27 loans lined up that could help.

italiahorse

You do realise they are in all probability doing all this at a loss in order dupe people like yourself into being to a new fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Of course they are. That's how you generate business.

Grendel

Certainly seem to making a better fist of "Fortress Ricoh" than we ever have

PUSB

After 6 games back we'd won 3 drew 1 and lost 2 so not really.

SkyblueBazza

After 6 games back we'd won 3 drew 1 and lost 2 so not really.
Why quote after 6 games? What was it after 5? W2 D2 L1 in the league...which our biggest concern on the pitch.
Plus I think I'm right in saying they've won 3 in 3 in the League ours was won 2 lost 1 which is all that we have to compare atm - so I think I won that one.

PUSB

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Why quote after 6 games? What was it after 5? W2 D2 L1 in the league...which our biggest concern on the pitch.
Plus I think I'm right in saying they've won 3 in 3 in the League ours was won 2 lost 1 which is all that we have to compare atm - so I think I won that one.

PUSB

Fuck me.

Grendel

PUSB

I think it's the wasps PR machine that's winning by the look of it.

dongonzalos

Is it 10k they need to survive without CCFC?

I think they need to keep winning or it could end up close to the wire.

bigfatronssba

I think it's the wasps PR machine that's winning by the look of it.

So you admit then that Wasps are doing a good job at winning new fans over?

Therefore isn't it right that we should look to them for ideas about improving CCFC attendances?

Grendel

Therefore isn't it right that we should look to them for ideas about improving CCFC attendances?

No I was referring to the fact that don't so called fans seem desperate to be proved right about statistics and seem oddly keen on defending them.

There were thousands of tickets going free for that game and another buy one get one free has just been circulated.

Nick

Administrator

If ccfc did the same things, people would still try and find ways to have a go.

It would be "why don't we sign a goal scorer instead of hiring merry go round".

Funnily enough no doubt it would probably be the same people who like wasps handing them free chocolate.

bigfatronssba

No I was referring to the fact that don't so called fans seem desperate to be proved right about statistics and seem oddly keen on defending them.

There were thousands of tickets going free for that game and another buy one get one free has just been circulated.

People are only defending them against other people who have an issue with Wasps despite them causing no harm.

Free tickets is a great way to improve your future fanbase, don't you think?

Sick Boy

People are only defending them against other people who have an issue with Wasps despite them causing no harm.

I take it that you wouldn't have had any problem with the suggestions that sisu were handing out free tickets for Northampton? I'm sure you applauded that too?

bigfatronssba

I take it that you wouldn't have had any problem with the suggestions that sisu were handing out free tickets for Northampton? I'm sure you applauded that too?

Well obviously not. I'm a Coventry City fan and didn't want my club playing there.

Thenose

Apparently its easier to Blame WASPS for everything, I heard this morning that the are causing the Greek debt crisis and are conspiring with Merkel to use CCFC signing money to re-issue a debt bond so, CRFC can play in Athens...

WASPS are here, they are doing well, they are growing a fan base which includes a hell of a lot of CCFC fans. Ask the question why CCFC fans are going to WASPS games...

Grendel

Apparently its easier to Blame WASPS for everything, I heard this morning that the are causing the Greek debt crisis and are conspiring with Merkel to use CCFC signing money to re-issue a debt bond so, CRFC can play in Athens...

WASPS are here, they are doing well, they are growing a fan base which includes a hell of a lot of CCFC fans. Ask the question why CCFC fans are going to WASPS games...

I thought their fanbase was declining from the first couple of league games - is that not right?

Nick

Administrator

Who is blaming them for everything?

Apparently it is easier to throw the "they must be to blame for everything" line when in doubt.

Nick

Administrator
Well obviously not. I'm a Coventry City fan and didn't want my club playing there.

giphy.gif

Just proves the point that if the club start spending money on Waltzers and stuff the rules will totally change then.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I said from the moment we came back to the Ricoh, the onus is on the club now is to attract people back to the Ricoh even if that means they take a short term reduction in revenue. I said they should be giving away tickets/slashing ticket prices for the season from the moment they returned.

bigfatronssba

giphy.gif

Just proves the point that if the club start spending money on Waltzers and stuff the rules will totally change then.

Or it proves that I don't want my team playing in Northampton?

italiahorse

Like at sixfields?

That was different.
Sisu did it to con people into thinking that fans were backing them at Sixfields in their short term plan.
Wasps are doing it to get a fan base established for a long term future.
In addition a lot of money was spent during the match. I myself spent over £20 on beer and food.

There is more than one way to produce income and the point of this thread is that Sisu need to engage with Wasps and their ideas.

Last edited:

italiahorse

Is that the same sort of different as us moving to Northampton being completely unacceptable but Wasps moving to Coventry being fine?

It's different.
Wasps moving to Coventry is fine for Coventry but bad for Wycombe.
CCFC moving to Northampton was bad for Coventry and 'good' for Northampton.

If you 'really' don't believe in franchising then you obviously will be against both ........ but like a few on here .......
Did you need to look up franchising like me, or is it your life times work ?

Nick

Administrator
It's different.
Wasps moving to Coventry is fine for Coventry but bad for Wycombe.
CCFC moving to Northampton was bad for Coventry and 'good' for Northampton.

If you 'really' don't believe in franchising then you obviously will be against both ........ but like a few on here .......
Did you need to look up franchising like me, or is it your life times work ?
Ha the old copy and paste stuff.

If Northampton hadnt happened I doubt most would know, we did have the people with the strong spines and morals educating us about it.

italiahorse

Ha the old copy and paste stuff.

If Northampton hadnt happened I doubt most would know, we did have the people with the strong spines and morals educating us about it.

Genuine Question. If SISU had bought 100% of ACL and then Wasps had come in as tenants would that be okay ?
Anyone ?

chiefdave

Genuine Question. If SISU had bought 100% of ACL and then Wasps had come in as tenants would that be okay ?
Anyone ?

First and foremost a major concern of mine about the move as it did occur would still be the case, in that a full consultation should take place with those who could be negatively impacted such as CRFC and the Wasps fans having their say. If valid issues were raised then I would be against us being Wasps landlord. However if there were no objections then I would not have a problem with CCFC benefitting from Wasps tenancy.

Would also want to be assured that the pitch was up to it and that we wouldn't have situations such as at present where you can hardly see the markings of a football pitch as they don't want them showing when they play rugby.

Of course Wasps being a tenant of CCFC removes one of the major issues, the sale of the Ricoh to Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread