What are you currently listening to? (7 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
He was the name behing the Cafe Del Mar Ibiza sound.
Here is one you have probably heard:-

My usuals are Zep, Floyd, Sabbath etc but there are times when this is just so great to chill to.

Really liked this track! I shall be downloading stuff of his now!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone listened to the latest Top Flight Time Machine pod ? If so who do you think is the premier league manager they were on about

Sbarcher

The greatest ever keyboard player. So sad he took his own life when age caught up with him and he could no longer peform to his high standards.

lordy_87

British Sea Power have dropped 'British' from their name. Now named simply as 'Sea Power'. A shame IMO, was one of my favorite band names.

clint van damme

British Sea Power have dropped 'British' from their name. Now named simply as 'Sea Power'. A shame IMO, was one of my favorite band names.

What nonsense!

Grendel

Defeat next two games and I think I’ll start getting Vanessa Paradis out

ovduk78

Then he came back for Dehumanizer - money talks! Tends not to be rated by many, but I love it as an album.

Then he came back for a couple of songs on their box set of Dio era stuff, and that led to...

I never knew he went back. Was that between Gillan leaving and Ozzy returning?

NorthernWisdom

I never knew he went back. Was that between Gillan leaving and Ozzy returning?
Yeah, although you had Tony Martin in between with three albums, and also a Glenn Hughes one!

The Glenn Hughes one (Seventh Star) is utterly diabolical, the Tony Martin ones not bad, as long as you get around Sabbath '80s style - but Cozy Powell drums on a couple of them - was supposed to be on Dehumanizer, but fell off his horse so Vinny Appice came back.

Then Dio got pissed off that Sabbath agreed to support Ozzy on his last ever shows so left... and Rob Halford of all people, stepped in at short notice for those gigs, before Tony Martin came back (again!) for a couple of albums.

ovduk78

Yeah, although you had Tony Martin in between with three albums, and also a Glenn Hughes one!

The Glenn Hughes one (Seventh Star) is utterly diabolical, the Tony Martin ones not bad, as long as you get around Sabbath '80s style - but Cozy Powell drums on a couple of them - was supposed to be on Dehumanizer, but fell off his horse so Vinny Appice came back.

Then Dio got pissed off that Sabbath agreed to support Ozzy on his last ever shows so left... and Rob Halford of all people, stepped in at short notice for those gigs, before Tony Martin came back (again!) for a couple of albums.
I didn't know any of that. I thought Dio carried on with his own band, last I heard about Glenn Hughes was that he was involved with KLF & before that he appeared on Garry Moore's Run for Cover. I remember reading when he was in Deep Purple he even managed to piss off Jon Lord and Lord pinned him against the wall by his throat.

JAM See

Another one that calms my mood whenever I put it on

Like it. Never really explored them, apart from what I've heard on the wireless. I will follow up. Cheers.

For some reason, their name always remind me of Aidan Moffat. I've absolutely no idea why.

Sbarcher

Did

Anyone else see Sabbath play the Jephson Garden Pavillion in Leamington? I think Blodwyn Pig were the support.

wingy

Picked this band up off of hillz fm yesterday .
The presenter kieth Fabrique Lol is a bit of legend for playing late 60's-70's and an absolute font of all knowledge with a great laid back presenting style ,he is not a fixed schedule though and can pop up randomly here and there.
You can get it online and the era he selects from is full of stardust.
Anyhow.
TREES.

Users who are viewing this thread