What are you currently listening to? (5 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

Listened earlier to the Rockblock on Planet Rock. A bloke picked some good tracks, and haven't heard Mama by Genesis for years. What a song that is and got me thinking I need to hear more Genesis !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Listened earlier to the Rockblock on Planet Rock. A bloke picked some good tracks, and haven't heard Mama by Genesis for years. What a song that is and got me thinking I need to hear more Genesis !
Have you heard the full length version from the 12" vinyl? 7½ minutes............

bringbackrattles

Just back in. Great fight Parker was a tough guy but AJ just about edged it. My son gutted as he lost a lot of money. But I reckon AJ can be beaten as he hasn't got a killer instinct.

Gazolba

Dave Dee (R.I.P.):

Gazolba

He was a top bloke. I had a good chat with him when I met him at a Nordoff-Robbins charity concert at Knebworth in 1990. It is a charity he co-founded and helped run for 30 odd years. Such a nice guy. Greatly missed by his friends and family.
Here's an interesting interview with him:

wingy

Oh btw a 2.5hr special on the enigmatic Peter Green to follow this from 9-11.30 set the record !!
Genious.
Fook me that's some mind bending stuff he took in Munich.
Like some Aristocratic Cult took him over.
Listening to the road Manager who went along to an aftershow party with him was funny.
We've all been there in one way or another ,but without the permanent damage.

bringbackrattles

Heard a record on the radio the other day but couldn't recall who it was by ? I was humming it for hours and I've just looked it up. It was by a group called Fiction Factory : Feels Like Heaven was the song. Cracking track !

clint van damme

Listening to this at work wishing I was in a field somewhere absolutely buckled and then remembering I'm too old for that carry on.

torchomatic

torchomatic

My RSD purchases.
sparks.jpg
hl.jpg GC.png

download.jpg

Does anyone else here remember the Changes TV series on kids tele? It was on in 1975 and I vaguely remember watching it. A dystopian thing about people in Britain suddenly becoming violently angry over any man made machine from bicycles to trains. I got the soundtrack at the weekend, which is ace, just need to buy the DVD.

torchomatic

Teenage fanclub. Bandwagonesque......

....omg.....forget just what a belter of an album this is.

Turn it up

Good news is that the first five albums are being re-released in August. I'll finally get Songs From Northern Britain on vinyl. One of my greatest regrets is going into Fopp in Leamington, umming and arring and then going, "ah, I'll get the CD version". Did the same with Richard Hawley's "Truelove's Gutter" and that now goes for £250.

bringbackrattles

Great Album BBR
Split up now unfortunately.
The last broadcast jacked up great track.
Cedar Rooms is great as is Catch The Sun, but not a bad track on it. Not usually my sort of music, but great chilled out sound. They were from Manchester and shame they split.

oscillatewildly

Beta band. One that at the time just got casual attention from me. Actually saw them on the bill of 'Move festival' OT cricket ground 2004.
Couple of stand out songs on 6 recently provoked me to purchase a couple of CD's. Great band. Shame they are no longer together.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread