What are you currently listening to? (5 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

Charity shop visit last week picked up 3 CDs for 79p each, and a varied mix. Days Of Speed by Paul Weller.
Jordan The Comeback by Prefab Sprout.And The Best Of Steppenwolf. Now that is what you call an eclectic assortment of music !

bringbackrattles

Last time I looked in a charity shop at the cds the best on offer was Daniel O’Donnell, little mix and the best of James last.
I don’t have your luck rattles or I don’t dig deep enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I am lucky in charity shops as I always come away with a bargain. There is a lot of dross and those you mention always seem to be there. But the two I go in regularly seem to have some decent music. By me in Bell Green is Extra Care Retail in Riley Square,and in the city centre is the British Heart Foundation in Hertford Street. My ex missus and my sister were always in these shops and I used to have a dig at them for being thrifty etc, but as CDs are losing out to downloads etc, people are giving them to charity and I still enjoy collecting them. In fact after I finish the round tomorrow I'm picking up some football stuff that a shop has kept back for me. Get in !

Gazolba

Charity shop visit last week picked up 3 CDs for 79p each, and a varied mix. Days Of Speed by Paul Weller.
Jordan The Comeback by Prefab Sprout.And The Best Of Steppenwolf. Now that is what you call an eclectic assortment of music !
Best of Steppenwolf - that's quite a find. Fantastic band!
I saw them live at the Bottom Line in New York City many years ago.

bringbackrattles

Best of Steppenwolf - that's quite a find. Fantastic band!
I saw them live at the Bottom Line in New York City many years ago.
I saw them at the Bath festival in 1970 I was sixteen. Led Zeppelin were headliners also Canned Heat performed there too.
Always liked Steppenwolf since Born To Be Wild and The Pusher tracks. A week ago on planet rock they played Magic Carpet Ride another great song. So to get the CD I was well chuffed !

Captain Dart

A Bowie album I've never bought, I do like it!

ovduk78

I have been going through my vinyl collection and today I got to Holy Diver by Dio, I forgot how good they were and what a brilliant album it is. I've got 3 more Dio albums to listen to after this but reckon I'll listen to it a couple more times before I move on. Saw them for the first time at Monster of Rock in 1983 and they were the best band by miles and went to see them at the De Montfort Hall a couple of months later. Ronnie James Dio is still for me the best male rock singer ever.

bringbackrattles

I have been going through my vinyl collection and today I got to Holy Diver by Dio, I forgot how good they were and what a brilliant album it is. I've got 3 more Dio albums to listen to after this but reckon I'll listen to it a couple more times before I move on. Saw them for the first time at Monster of Rock in 1983 and they were the best band by miles and went to see them at the De Montfort Hall a couple of months later. Ronnie James Dio is still for me the best male rock singer ever.
Holy Diver has to be one of the most played tracks on Planet Rock. And is often chosen by listeners when selecting a Rockblock.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I was sat in my car waiting for the missus to come out of Sainsbury's. Simon Mayo's "Drive Time" was on the radio and he played a track from Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds". I'd forgotten how good that album was. I used to have it on vinyl, but now I only have it on CD but still great to hear again. It's been bloody years since I last played it! Rediscovered happiness!

bringbackrattles

Another good charity shop trip on the CD hunt. 2cds quid each. Supernatural by Santana and a double CD called : Radio 1 Established 1967 with bands and artists doing cover versions of hits from the past 40 years.Some good versions on it like The Foo Fighters doing Band On The Run by Wings, Stereophonics doing Hot Chocolates You Sexy Thing, The Streets covering Elton Johns Your Song, and many more.

wingy

Another good charity shop trip on the CD hunt. 2cds quid each. Supernatural by Santana and a double CD called : Radio 1 Established 1967 with bands and artists doing cover versions of hits from the past 40 years.Some good versions on it like The Foo Fighters doing Band On The Run by Wings, Stereophonics doing Hot Chocolates You Sexy Thing, The Streets covering Elton Johns Your Song, and many more.
Sounds interesting always enjoy a good cover !!

bringbackrattles

Sounds interesting always enjoy a good cover !!
When I saw it I thought that and it has some good cover versions. Kaiser Chiefs do Flowers In The Rain by The Move, first record played on Radio 1 ?
But as with these type of albums you get one or two naff covers, I don't like Franz Ferdinand and they destroy Bowie's Sound and Vision,and The Fratellis should never have tried to do their version of All Along The Watchtower, one of the best rock tracks ever.
But other than that for a quid it's great !

wingy

When I saw it I thought that and it has some good cover versions. Kaiser Chiefs do Flowers In The Rain by The Move, first record played on Radio 1 ?
But as with these type of albums you get one or two naff covers, I don't like Franz Ferdinand and they destroy Bowie's Sound and Vision,and The Fratellis should never have tried to do their version of All Along The Watchtower, one of the best rock tracks ever.
But other than that for a quid it's great !
One that hasn't been done but I'd love to hear would be Richard Ashcroft doing a version of the Moody Blues (Denny Laine vocalled) Go Now from 1964.
Truely stunning song and vocal for me and hugely significant to memories of my Father and childhood.
Maybe when he's run out of Material of his own, sure he'd do a Sterling version .

bringbackrattles

One that hasn't been done but I'd love to hear would be Richard Ashcroft doing a version of the Moody Blues (Denny Laine vocalled) Go Now from 1964.
Truely stunning song and vocal for me and hugely significant to memories of my Father and childhood.
Maybe when he's run out of Material of his own, sure he'd do a Sterling version .
Two stand out tracks are Teenage Kicks by The Raconteurs, John Peels favourite ever song by the way, and The Enemy do a great cover of Cat Stevens Father and Son.

bringbackrattles

Good day on the windows and when I got home put the Radio One cover versions on again. So glad I got it as there are some cracking songs on it and as its a double CD it keeps on giving. Can't stop playing Teenage Kicks by The Raconteurs what a cover !

lifeskyblue

Not as good as rattles but I did take my mum shopping yesterday. She wanted to go into charity shop for a jigsaw. I bought Susan boyle (for the wife...but I do like ‘I dreamed a dream) and ‘very best of supertramp’. Got most of songs elsewhere on vinyl and iPod but quite pleased.

Grendel

Not as good as rattles but I did take my mum shopping yesterday. She wanted to go into charity shop for a jigsaw. I bought Susan boyle (for the wife...but I do like ‘I dreamed a dream) and ‘very best of supertramp’. Got most of songs elsewhere on vinyl and iPod but quite pleased.

Take the long way home.

Houchens Head

Just going on from "cover versions".......... My all-time most HATED fuckin' cover version was that vile version of Comfortably Numb by the poxy Scissor Sisters. I hated it then and still cringe if ever it's played on the radio. They absolutely ruined and killed that song! Who told them they could do a decent version? Whoever it was, needs shafting - big time!

bringbackrattles

Just going on from "cover versions".......... My all-time most HATED fuckin' cover version was that vile version of Comfortably Numb by the poxy Scissor Sisters. I hated it then and still cringe if ever it's played on the radio. They absolutely ruined and killed that song! Who told them they could do a decent version? Whoever it was, needs shafting - big time!
There was a track on the radio 1 cover versions CD that came on and it was of Love Is The Drug by Roxy Music,and I thought that sounds good. To my surprise it was covered by Kylie Minogue ! And Mcfly do a great version of A Town Called Malice by The Jam. But don't tell anybody I said I like these covers !

bringbackrattles

Happy Paddys Day Houch. Get Thin Lizzy on,open a few cans of Guinness, and watch England beat Ireland in the rugger. Oops !

Houchens Head

Happy Paddys Day Houch. Get Thin Lizzy on,open a few cans of Guinness, and watch England beat Ireland in the rugger. Oops !
Been waiting all week for this one BBR! Already got the Guinness in along with a bottle of Jamesons! I've got my Irish rebel CD on in the background!

bringbackrattles

Been waiting all week for this one BBR! Already got the Guinness in along with a bottle of Jamesons! I've got my Irish rebel CD on in the background!
Just been on the news a loud noise has been heard in the Isle of Wight just after the end of the England v Ireland rugby match. It appears to be somebody nicknamed Houchens Head celebrating wildly the Irish beating the English, police say no arrest has been made but his Guinness has been taken off him !

Houchens Head

Just been on the news a loud noise has been heard in the Isle of Wight just after the end of the England v Ireland rugby match. It appears to be somebody nicknamed Houchens Head celebrating wildly the Irish beating the English, police say no arrest has been made but his Guinness has been taken off him !
Ha ha! You got that about right, BBR! My poor wee dog kept leaping up from his sleep every time Ireland had the ball! I was shrieking at the top of my voice! My missus just sat there saying to the dog, "It's alright. Ireland are winning. Daddy will be fine soon!" She's Polish/Lithuanian and just doesn't get the passion! :emoji_smile:

bringbackrattles

Ha ha! You got that about right, BBR! My poor wee dog kept leaping up from his sleep every time Ireland had the ball! I was shrieking at the top of my voice! My missus just sat there saying to the dog, "It's alright. Ireland are winning. Daddy will be fine soon!" She's Polish/Lithuanian and just doesn't get the passion! :emoji_smile:
Talking about not getting things. I pop in my local charity shop often as you know I like buying CDs and football stuff. Yesterday morning as I went in a woman assistant who must have recognised me said "There's some books just come in that you will like ." She came out with the autobiography's of Alex Ferguson and Gary Neville,I hate Man United ! She didn't understand my dislike. But my mood was improved when some new CDs were in so I picked up a couple of decent albums. I felt sorry for her as she looked bemused,so I said I'll take the Fergie book for 50pence, which she said okay !

Users who are viewing this thread