What are you currently listening to? (3 Viewers)

wingy

Just been back to Autumn of 76 and Night moves by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band.
What a great rocker voice and slight Country influence coming through his Bluesy Rock .
Hammond organ and piano in evidence lends it something more.
He's 73 now and has recently released a new album "I Knew You When ".
As I listened it occured to me that British band Smokey tried to immitate his style on this track but that would be an insult, didn't get close .

Gazolba

"Little Girl" - Syndicate of Sound (Live 2014 with go-go dancers):

Nick

Administrator

Get the windows down, blast this out, dancing in the car.

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just giving the blues brothers soundtrack a listen, love it.
And the soundtrack to the sequel is good too, the film on the other hand is criminal

W

westcountry_skyblue

Chilling this morning after a few to many last night,Got Mr Mister-Welcome to the real world on from 85.
Not everyones cup of tea but and great album!!

Gazolba

This one is for Houchen's Head. Hope he likes a little Harpsichord.
The video features the Isle of Wight.

mechaishida

Suicide Squad OST - bought it cos it was reduced in Tesco and it's actually pretty good. It's a very broad variety of genres, from classic Rock to pre-Hip Hop Electro (possibly, if such a genre exists.).

Quirky, most definitely.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Listening to Planet Rock on the radio. Danny Bowes lead singer of Thunder has his own show. He's just played Jailbreak/Thin Lizzy, Burlesque/ Family and Moth Into Flame/Metallica. Three awesome tracks !

Sky_Blue_Daz

Papa was a rolling stone-The Temptations

And a britpop playlist on Spotify

bringbackrattles

What a voice Roger Chapman has/had, like Fergal Sharkey on roids.
We had an English teacher called Mr Day at Cally in the late 60's. He was well into his music and often he'd bring in some vinyl, and his favourite band was Family,and I've liked them since listening to them in the classroom all those years ago. Not sure if they're still going ?

Johnnythespider

We had an English teacher called Mr Day at Cally in the late 60's. He was well into his music and often he'd bring in some vinyl, and his favourite band was Family,and I've liked them since listening to them in the classroom all those years ago. Not sure if they're still going ?
I read somewhere that they still do bits and pieces, wonder if he still belts it out.

bringbackrattles

On Planet Rock they played a couple of tracks by Boz Scaggs. Hadn't heard of him for years, he had a hit with Lido Shuffle. Never knew he was in the Steve Miller Band, he's still touring at 74 years of age. They said Mick Jagger ain't the only one who's still rockin !

wingy

On Planet Rock they played a couple of tracks by Boz Scaggs. Hadn't heard of him for years, he had a hit with Lido Shuffle. Never knew he was in the Steve Miller Band, he's still touring at 74 years of age. They said Mick Jagger ain't the only one who's still rockin !
Yeah he was ,I had the album Silk Degrees which it was from.

bringbackrattles

Been listening to the best of Lenny Kravitz. Some cracking tracks: Are You Gonna Go My Way. Fly Away. American Woman. And many more, I had American Woman by a band called Guess Who in the 70's, a great song.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think their slower more melancholy songs are fantastic in comparison to songs Like night boat to Cairo or one step beyond

RedSalmon

Have just discovered Radio 6 music. Some really good bands on there. Well worth a listen.

Right now am listening to Snow Patrol 'Wildness'
Need to check out 'Warmduscher' and 'The KVB'.

Johnnythespider

Just listened to the Gorillas new album The Now Now live from Tokyo. Particularly like a track i think is called Idaho, it's got a bit of a country feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread