What are you currently listening to? (4 Viewers)

torchomatic

I'm going through a 7" singles phase at the moment. Haven't really played them for years but been digging through crates in the garage (have around 3000 singles) and have been having a whale of a time just lately.

torchomatic

Surely one of the greatest albums of all time? Surely! Dgt1AcZXUAAHNjO.jpg

lifeskyblue

424cc8d51ab901ab0b7c188dc1cf4d2f.jpg

Just purchased 2cds from local charity shop. Uriah Heep double cd anthology. One of my fav bands from my teenage years. Got or once had most of these but really pleased I picked this up. Lady in Black one of my all time top10 songs.
First Peatbog Fairies album although have listened to some of their stuff before. A Celtic instrumental band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

On the round yesterday a customer was playing some nice tunes, sounded like hits of the 60's. She said it was 5 CDs of records from the 60's/70's/80's/90/s
She has ordered it me off Amazon only a fiver ! Pick it up on Friday, happy days.

bringbackrattles

424cc8d51ab901ab0b7c188dc1cf4d2f.jpg

Just purchased 2cds from local charity shop. Uriah Heep double cd anthology. One of my fav bands from my teenage years. Got or once had most of these but really pleased I picked this up. Lady in Black one of my all time top10 songs.
First Peatbog Fairies album although have listened to some of their stuff before. A Celtic instrumental band.

Easy Livin is one of my favourite songs by them. It's always being played on Planet Rock. When I hear it I'm humming it for hours, it's that catchy !

lifeskyblue

Easy Livin is one of my favourite songs by them. It's always being played on Planet Rock. When I hear it I'm humming it for hours, it's that catchy !

Yes great song from the ‘demons and wizards’ album. One of their biggest. ‘Traveller in time’ and ‘the wizard’ also on that album.

bringbackrattles

Yes great song from the ‘demons and wizards’ album. One of their biggest. ‘Traveller in time’ and ‘the wizard’ also on that album.

Great choice of music there. Where Rock is concerned the bands from the late 60's through the 70's are without doubt the best. From the Troggs,Small Faces,Kinks,and Stones and Beatles. Then you got Deep Purple, Sabbath, Hawkwind,Uriah Heep, Zeppelin,and many more. There's some good bands today,but they're all inspired by those mentioned.

lifeskyblue

Absolutely agree. Brother in law’s fav were Wishbone Ash. I also liked Jethro Tull...but interestingly I especially like some of their later (well Late 80s stuff) as well as the 70s material.
You mention Deep Purple; have you heard any of Ritchie Blackmore stuff with his wife ‘Blackmore Night’. Mixture of pseudo medieval type songs with Ritchie often on mandolin. Not to everyone’s taste. Different.

bringbackrattles

Absolutely agree. Brother in law’s fav were Wishbone Ash. I also liked Jethro Tull...but interestingly I especially like some of their later (well Late 80s stuff) as well as the 70s material.
You mention Deep Purple; have you heard any of Ritchie Blackmore stuff with his wife ‘Blackmore Night’. Mixture of pseudo medieval type songs with Ritchie often on mandolin. Not to everyone’s taste. Different.

Was listening to the best of Jethro Tull the other night, great band. I haven't heard any of Blackmore and his wife stuff, sounds different. I do like to listen to Clannard now and then, I like that haunting sound.

bringbackrattles

On Planet Rock tonight it said does anybody know what Rolling Stones record has been played at every concert since they recorded it, and still is played today at gigs,their most played song ?
I got it wrong.

lifeskyblue

On Planet Rock tonight it said does anybody know what Rolling Stones record has been played at every concert since they recorded it, and still is played today at gigs,their most played song ?
I got it wrong.

Don’t know but would guess at ‘I can’t get no satisfaction’ or ‘jumping jack flash’ but probably neither

lifeskyblue

Was listening to the best of Jethro Tull the other night, great band. I haven't heard any of Blackmore and his wife stuff, sounds different. I do like to listen to Clannard now and then, I like that haunting sound.

It is different. Sometimes feel Blackmore is just messing and not taking it seriously at all (just wanting to try out different instruments and how to get the best out of them). Other times I feel he is just doing it as a vehicle for his wife’s voice and to please her. Then at others they rise above all that and produce a great track.

clint van damme

Gorillaz new album. How does Damon Albarn do it? He comes across as such a cock but musically he manages to nail it nearly every time! Hope they tour it, the Humanz tour last year was fantastic.

wingy

There's an ad popping up at the head of the page Wishbone Ash must be on the road this Autumn as they're on at Leamington Assembly Rooms Nov 2

bringbackrattles

Thanks for heads up. Will contact brother in law and get tickets.

On the compilation CDs Im currently playing, there's a great track on it by Wishbone Ash: Blowin Free. Haven't heard it before. You know when you hear a track just before you go out,and it stays in your head ? Well I've just come back from the shop humming : Cherry Bomb by The Runaways !

Johnnythespider

Culture in West Orchards yesterday, concert later at the cathedral. Missed both, at least one person in this thread will appreciate this.

wingy

Spent a couple of hours picking out some oldies I hadn't listened to for a while...The Association, Unit 4+2, The Applejacks, Marmalade, Manfred Mann to name but a few.
Softly whispering I love you?
I pull that up on Youtube every now and again ,what an extraordinary voice Bryan *****has.
I've trawled allsorts to find an Italian artist from around the same time who was on TOTP a couple of times and had a similar feel to his track.
Don't know his name or the title of the song, so pretty futile but I'll keep looking.
Love a bit of Nostalgia. B-)

Johnnythespider

I pull that up on Youtube every now and again ,what an extraordinary voice Bryan *****has.
I've trawled allsorts to find an Italian artist from around the same time who was on TOTP a couple of times and had a similar feel to his track.
Don't know his name or the title of the song, so pretty futile but I'll keep looking.
Joe Dolce ?

wingy

Joe Dolce ?
No way back
Guy with Fuzzy big hair
I think we're talking late 60's early 70's ,but might be out by five yrs.
Thought it might Zuccharro who did that track with Paul Young maybe just fits the timeline.
Have checked his back catologue best I can but not there .
All I can remember It had a fairly destinctive hummed hook. :p

Ranjit Bhurpa

Afraid I don't recall that one Wingy.
Not too hot either on Italian artists from that time so can't even suggest anyone.

Gazolba

The Go: "Don't take her away"

Last edited:

Gazolba

Moody Blues: "Boulevard de La Madeleine"

Users who are viewing this thread