Westworld (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nope, I can't.

Was crossing my fingers it wasn't Glen or Daryl, but now I am rather meh about it all.

Latest word is .......

And this is from a source who are very, very accurate usually, is that both Glen and Abraham get the baseball bat. And to add fuel to the flames, neither have been seen on set of the new series.
I was hoping it was Carl. Boring little shit!

RegTheDonk

Yes, really good. Will be interesting to see how the "good" guest turns out...he's getting into it now, there's going to be a showdown at some point with his mate. My only criticism is there really doesn't need to be so much swearing, it doesn't have to try and be "cool". They're leaving us dangling with the black guy's backstory, I'm going to take a punt and say his lad was killed somehow by a host.

Believe this has something to do with JJ Abrams production company, who made Lost? If so, hope they don't spin it out over multiple seasons, just to make more money at the expense of the story. They need to take a tip from the remake of the Prisoner, once he understood what was going on (like the guests eventually will in Westworld), bring it to a head and give it a conclusion.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Still haven't got round to watching this
I'm off Saturday and Sunday so will try and catch up

Otis

Yes, really good. Will be interesting to see how the "good" guest turns out...he's getting into it now, there's going to be a showdown at some point with his mate. My only criticism is there really doesn't need to be so much swearing, it doesn't have to try and be "cool". They're leaving us dangling with the black guy's backstory, I'm going to take a punt and say his lad was killed somehow by a host.

Believe this has something to do with JJ Abrams production company, who made Lost? If so, hope they don't spin it out over multiple seasons, just to make more money at the expense of the story. They need to take a tip from the remake of the Prisoner, once he understood what was going on (like the guests eventually will in Westworld), bring it to a head and give it a conclusion.
Planning five seasons. Not sure it has that kind of longevity at all to be honest.

Pipehitterz

They've invested heavily in jj to produce something epic, seeing as he changed the way series are made, the guy is a genius whether you like him or not.
Expect 5 seasons at least

Otis

I wish they'd change the theme tune, it's bloody awful. I thought at first it was just because it was unfamiliar but it sounds worse and worse every week. :arghh:
I just skip it.

I watch the programme at 9.30, rather than 9 (my daughter goes to bed at 9.30) and then I simply skip the opening titles every week.

I don't mind it that much to be honest. I don't care for it greatly, but then don't for GOT's theme either and I always skip that too.

In fact I skip every theme tune to everything unless I really like the music.

Why not just try that?

Otis

The other great thing about doing it this way is that at 9.30 I can just watch the whole show and there are no adverts. The whole episode plays out uninterrupted.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just watched the first episode will catch up with a few more tonight

RegTheDonk

Yeah I think that's the best way these days, just watch something on your PVR when its part taped. In fact, with iPlayer and Kodi and Sky+ and everything else these days, I'm surprised the advertisers bother. I suspect its only sport that you really need to see live. Wife insisted we had Amazon prime for a while last year to see Ripper Street, that was good as there were no ads. Maybe thats the way things will go in the future, you'll subscribe to on demand TV for the very latest content, assuming you want to watch things legally.

Back onto Westworld - agree, can't see the longevity but I'd be happy for a run of 5 seasons IF it the story and quality is good.

Ian1779

Love the random 90's music playing in the background in the scenes regularly.

Pipehitterz

thought 4th episode tripped over itself, but bang came the 5th, sucker punched me with that one
harris and hopkins scene was amazing
theyve both been brilliant so far, but, i fear theyre only here for the first series, too A list , although i hope im wrong

Otis

Yeah, the episode before last was a bit messy, but it was back bang on for last week.

Otis

Really? I thought the scene where Ford put Cullen in her place was brilliant.
It was great in places, but then some bits were a bit jumbled and lacking potency. Just didn't flow as an episode as others I don't think.

mrtrench

I like the way it's dripping new leads to what is happening at a slow pace. But could they really keep this up for more than a couple of seasons?

chiefdave

I like the way it's dripping new leads to what is happening at a slow pace. But could they really keep this up for more than a couple of seasons?
Is it supposed to be a one off? Hope it doesn't end up like Wayward Pines where it was supposed to be one series and then gets another due to ratings and turns to shit.

Otis

Is it supposed to be a one off? Hope it doesn't end up like Wayward Pines where it was supposed to be one series and then gets another due to ratings and turns to shit.
They are talking of five series. That concerns me.

I haven't read the book, but I wonder if the TV series will go the way of the film and have other worlds (Ancient Rome, Mediaeval).

That would open up a stack of new individual storylines, but would make the main narrative drag to my mind.

Hope they don't go for multiple seasons, but if there is a cash cow you can see it coming from a mile off.

It's proving to be a big success, so you damn well know it isn't finishing anytime soon.

Might well go the same way as Dexter or Lost and just drag on to a limp and wet lettuce conclusion. :(

dutchman

Hope they don't go for multiple seasons, but if there is a cash cow you can see it coming from a mile off.

I suspect they're losing money hand over fist. It's extremely expensive to make and ratings are low but HBO isn't a commercial TV station so if it wins critical acclaim and encourages viewers to subscribe they're happy.

chiefdave

Been renewed for a second season

Westworld 2.0 is officially happening.

HBO has ordered a second season of the sci-fi robopocalypse thriller – along with renewing fellow fall freshman series Divorce and Insecure. All three will have another 10 episodes.

There’s just one catch: Given its epic scope, Westworld probably won’t return until 2018, says HBO’s programming president Casey Bloys. The Westworld pick-up was expected as the show has delivered a mix of critical praise, pop culture buzz, and strong ratings (the series is averaging 11.7 million viewers across all the network’s platforms – more than even Game of Thrones racked up during its first season).

Users who are viewing this thread