Match Thread West Brom Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Was that shot we had when there was a handball shout an actual handball? Couldn't see from where I was.

Ref said it was knee.
It didn’t look it at the time and seeing it again I’m still not convinced. Probably correct not to award it

kg82

Was that shot we had when there was a handball shout an actual handball? Couldn't see from where I was.

Ref said it was knee.
Couldn’t see even on the replay. If it was, it would’ve been really hard for the ref to see it. I think only one of our players kind of half called for it too, it was mostly the crowd.

Old Warwickshire lad

Sheaf was again so important. He wins so many balls in midfield, and managed to get some great blocks in.
We should forgive him on the odd occasions he gives the ball away, they all do it. That’s why they are here and not in prem.
The kids are still laughing about their grandad jumping up and down hugging two people at the same time.
These last minute wins will be the death of me.😂😂😂

Ashdown

Am I imagining it but these match threads have become shorter……is that just because more of our old regular posters are attending the games now ?🤔

RegTheDonk

That freak draw past us, onwards and upwards hopefully. A couple of scares from them, but thought we looked a lot better. So pleased for Vic, he just keeps going. I'm eating humble pie on him getting his head down and not passing, he had about 4 of their lot trying to stop him before the pen. Great result and isn't it fantastic when we get a win, the joy and team spirit when they take their bows, it really does feel like we're the 12th man.

covcity4life

Really good performance. Still rely on gyokres magic to break teams down alot though.

Still we beat the championships in form team. We are good enough to get promoted this year. It's exciting!

Hamer panzo and Burroughs excellent.

Sky Blue Harry H

That freak draw past us, onwards and upwards hopefully. A couple of scares from them, but thought we looked a lot better. So pleased for Vic, he just keeps going. I'm eating humble pie on him getting his head down and not passing, he had about 4 of their lot trying to stop him before the pen. Great result and isn't it fantastic when we get a win, the joy and team spirit when they take their bows, it really does feel like we're the 12th man.
Yep - when you watch Vik's run for the penalty, the odds of him getting anything must have been about 100 to1, with the amount of covering players. That rebound off the defender when he pushes the ball slightly too far, was crucial. Fantastic end to the game, and deserved.

Tommo1993

Can’t believe I was in doubt for the penalty. Looked unclear from Block 16, the box was very congested too. Yep, stone wall.

shepardo01

You’re not in the dog house today are you Shep?
I take victory and defeat graciously... unlike the other half/inlaws...
I have been quite reserved despite the first chance of a gloat in over 10 years!!
Good thing is, everyone, pundits, stats etc back up that we were the better side, pen was a stone-waller too, so no arguments from the other side!!!
Was a good opportunity to wear my CCFC Christmas jumper at the family Santa's breakfast this morning too!! 👍😉

alexccfc99

On the whole I’m a very content CCFC fan at the minute - Even if we’d have drew last night I’d have been entertained, I mentioned I wasn’t that annoyed on Saturday and that is because I was on the whole entertained

We may well get beat Boxing Day but I’m going into games knowing that we are a match for any side in the league - the only game this season we have been outclassed was Norwich for me

We’re not the finished article but we’ve got a great squad who give their all and are on the whole a great watch - Going to matches is an absolute pleasure at the moment

slowpoke

Not sure about that, I think we genuinely just played very well again. Their squad is stacked with quality and they looked well drilled.

Will be in some difficulty if they don’t go up this year
Think they are financially very much so talk of their academy being scrapped Certainly hope not not fair on youngsters trying to make their way in a tough enough world as it is.

wingy

Can we get to understand Why players previously with good engines appear to have suffered from a month's rest, it's leaving me befuddled ?

slowpoke

That months break hasn’t done a lot of good to players just about fine tuned and got to start again, will be interesting how the prem teams get on.

robbiethemole

I thought they looked poor, considering they’d won the last 5 games.
The build up was slow and laboured and they didn’t look very confident playing out from the back.
So glad we beat them with the last kick of the game really, but some around me left on 89 minutes, will they ever learn?
On to the blunts now, we should give them something to think about too. PUSB

Sky Blue Pete

The build up was slow and laboured and they didn’t look very confident playing out from the back.
So glad we beat them with the last kick of the game really, but some around me left on 89 minutes, will they ever learn?
They came for a draw and failed

wingy

Have to be honest , expected them to be swift out the blocks here.
I guess we could say our excellent response to Saturday didn't allow it and it was us took that initiative.

Happy_Martian

That months break hasn’t done a lot of good to players just about fine tuned and got to start again, will be interesting how the prem teams get on.

Agreed. We've struggled to maintain performances in the previous 2 games but things seemed to connect on Wednesday. WBA forum saying their players looked "leggy" on the night.

Users who are viewing this thread