West brom attendance (2 Viewers)

COV

Middlesbrough, Southampton, Norwich, Derby, Forest, Cardiff, Leicester, Ipswich, West Brom, Birmingham, Brighton would all have more than 20k home fans tomorrow if in our position!

We will never know however I very much doubt it. None of them have had anything like the shit we have, the type of thing which loses you a generation of supporters.

Plus going from your list, up until the club imploded (in a way that none except Brighton could compete with), we had crowds bigger than most of your selection. What you’re saying doesn’t make sense. Look at our away support- right up there, way more than we took even in the top division. The club is growing and we have no idea how many we could attract yet.

We get more home fans now than we did in the Premier League and if we continue to do well then that number will grow. And with football the way it is as a massively well marketed global ‘product’, if we ever got promoted then more often than not we’d sell out.

You are saying that no matter what happens we are limited to an absolute maximum of 20,000 home fans, I’m saying that’s nonsense.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Middlesbrough, Southampton, Norwich, Derby, Forest, Cardiff, Leicester, Ipswich, West Brom, Birmingham, Brighton would all have more than 20k home fans tomorrow if in our position!

Every single one of those clubs has had success in the last 10 years. None have had to ground share twice. None, even Birmingham, Cardiff Derby, have had even remotely close the off field problems we have had.

Gynnsthetonic

We will never know however I very much doubt it. None of them have had anything like the shit we have, the type of thing which loses you a generation of supporters.

Plus going from your list, up until the club imploded (in a way that none except Brighton could compete with), we had crowds bigger than most of your selection. What you’re saying doesn’t make sense.

We get more home fans now than we did in the Premier League and if we continue to do well then that number will grow. And with football the way it is as a massively well marketed global ‘product’, if we ever got promoted then more often than not we’d sell out.

You are saying that no matter what happens we are limited to an absolute maximum of 20,000 home fans, I’m saying that’s nonsense.
All the clubs I've mentioned have been in a dire mess over the years, administration, ground closures, threats of liquidation, when have i said no matter what happens we are limited to an absolute maximum of 20 000, your just making stuff up! 🤣

NortonSkyBlue

Some of the teams being mentioned represent towns and cities where football is the exclusive focus for spectator sports. Coventry has always had numerous sports teams scrapping for local support at various times.
Rugby Union, Rugby League, Speedway, Ice Hockey, Basketball etc. - they don’t all play at the same time of the year, but in a blue collar city, folks don‘t necessarily have the spare cash to follow more than one sport, year round.
Also, Coventry has always been a diverse place where family roots aren’t necessarily as dedicated to the city as you might find in other places. And Coventrians are pretty forgiving of none-sky blue supporting natives whereas some other cities seem to be far more partisan?

Plus going from your list, up until the club imploded (in a way that none except Brighton could compete with), we had crowds bigger than most of your selection. What you’re saying doesn’t make sense.

lol, I thought it was in the second half so I must be wrong, or that was some session you were on 😁
Tap in at the Kop 2-2 draw, Adams got the early goal.

Grendel

All the clubs I've mentioned have been in a dire mess over the years, administration, ground closures, threats of liquidation, when have i said no matter what happens we are limited to an absolute maximum of 20 000, your just making stuff up! 🤣

He frequently does

Gynnsthetonic

We've had success, the last 3 years gave been arguably our most successful in a generation,Brighton got kicked out of their stadium and had to play 50 miles away, Middlesbrough got locked out of there stadium and were minutes from liquidation, all the others been in admin. Tomorrow is going to be a great and emotional day, 4.5k travelling fans, a local derby and a fitting tribute to John Sillett one of our greatest ever managers, where are those missing Wembley fans eh![/QUOTE]

COV

But you did say it?

“I think we've hit our ceiling with around 20k home fans and that's the same from our premiership days”

Gynnsthetonic

But you did say it?

“I think we've hit our ceiling with around 20k home fans and that's the same from our premiership days”
Well historiclly and now it is at 20k, but hopefully it goes up, I wanna see 25k home fans but at the moment its not, maybe around March time and still top 6 it will

COV

Well historiclly and now it is at 20k, but hopefully it goes up, I wanna see 25k home fans but at the moment its not, maybe around March time and still top 6 it will

You’re all over the place.

But I share your hopes for how things might pan out.

Hertsccfc

lol, I thought it was in the second half so I must be wrong, or that was some session you were on 😁
Just remembered that goal now, and also thought it was second half. Maybe he scored more than two as I think he scored against Arsenal too.

Gynnsthetonic

It’s not the area that helps Ipswich as much as their history- Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson, League Champions, won the FA Cup, won a European tournament- that counts for a lot.
You said what happened 40 years ago is irrelevant, why are they getting bigger crowds than us in a league below!
Your all over the place!
Go and pour yourself a shandy!

COV

You said what happened 40 years ago is irrelevant, why are they getting bigger crowds than us in a league below!
Your all over the place!
Go and pour yourself a shandy!

It’s not 40 years ago, Ipswich were more having trips to the Sam Siro when we were busy selling everyone and on the verge of catastrophe

And your point was that we couldn’t ever get more than 20k because we didn’t 40 years ago. That’s irrelevant.

Gynnsthetonic

It’s not 40 years ago, Ipswich we’re more having trips to the Sam Siro when we were busy selling everyone and on the verge of catastrophe
You were talking about Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson and the FA Cup, that's getting on for 50 years!
How's the shandy bass going down!

COV

You were talking about Alf Ramsey, Bobby Robson and the FA Cup, that's getting on for 50 years!
How's the shandy bass going down!

You got caught out telling lies about what you’d claimed, now you’re getting all salty, furthermore you throw exclamation marks around with the same wild abandon you’d expect from a 12 year old.

Your point was wrong, there is no ‘ceiling’.

theferret

Tomorrow will be our biggest crowd of the season, in the top 2 or 3 outside the PL, and probably 2-3K below what it was have been without the early kick off and TV coverage. Why all the angst? Couldn't care what Ipswich are getting, their crowds in the final few championship years were pretty shite tbh.

Anyhow, one thing that is for certain, regardless of the size of the crowd, the quality of the support, they backing we give, pisses all over just about every other club in the league.

clint van damme

Tomorrow will be our biggest crowd of the season, in the top 2 or 3 outside the PL, and probably 2-3K below what it was have been without the early kick off and TV coverage. Why all the angst? Couldn't care what Ipswich are getting, their crowds in the final few championship years were pretty shite tbh.

Anyhow, one thing that is for certain, regardless of the size of the crowd, the quality of the support, they backing we give, pisses all over just about every other club in the league.

Going to be an emotional day as well.

Perryccfc

I went to an Ipswich game as a family member is a ST holder and the atmosphere was honestly dreadful. Give me a half full CBS any day of the week.

pusbccfc

Yeah, they've all had one of those things. We had go deal with all of that put together!

pusbccfc

Still find it baffling that people continue to buy the random tickets in the Tesco stand and not behind the goal. Still plenty left there.

Ash

Still find it baffling that people continue to buy the random tickets in the Tesco stand and not behind the goal. Still plenty left there.

They’ll be the ones planning on chancing it and occupying the stairwells in singers corner. Remember seeing loads of empty seats for the blues game in 21-24 despite those blocks selling out, they were all obviously at the other end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread