West brom attendance (3 Viewers)

Bugsy

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Think it will be less than last night. 20,500 I'm going for. Been an expensive period for Cov fans and last night seemed to disappoint some.

Londonccfcfan

Think it will be less than last night. 20,500 I'm going for. Been an expensive period for Cov fans and last night seemed to disappoint some.
Well theres no game for most cov fans this weekend.

Cant see there being 2500 less Coventry fans than last night.

Will be another 22-23 k game.

pusbccfc

Well theres no game for most cov fans this weekend.

Cant see there being 2500 less Coventry fans than last night.

Will be another 22-23 k game.

Yeah 23k is not far off what I think. Surely there won't be more Cov fans there against West Brom than last night?

pusbccfc

Why would there be more Cov fans for Blues on a Tuesday night than for Albion on a Saturday afternoon?
Both on Sky.
More kids, elderly and disabled come to afternoon games also.

Birmingham is a much more appealing game than West Brom surely? Not sure anyone would consider West Brom as any sort of derby match.

If we lose Saturday and drop out of the top 6, there will be a steep drop for the West Brom game. Maybe 16-17k Coventry there.

It's still a fair crowd.

pusbccfc

Not a derby match? 28 miles away from Coventry

Not sure I've ever heard West Brom considered any sort of rivalry. Villa, Leicester, Birmingham and Wolves ahead of it. Even Sunderland (meh) is a greater rivalry than with West Brom.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Not sure I've ever heard West Brom considered any sort of rivalry. Villa, Leicester, Birmingham and Wolves ahead of it. Even Sunderland (meh) is a greater rivalry than with West Brom.

I would agree with you. On paper I’m more excited for the game versus Stoke City on the 18th December.

West Brom are a bit like Walsall for me. Travel in fairly good numbers for local games but can’t think of any non-generic songs they sing and they just sit down quietly until they score.

It might be that it’s a 12:30 kick off again that’s subdued my excitement.

wantageskyblue

Birmingham is a much more appealing game than West Brom surely? Not sure anyone would consider West Brom as any sort of derby match.

If we lose Saturday and drop out of the top 6, there will be a steep drop for the West Brom game. Maybe 16-17k Coventry there.

It's still a fair crowd.
I’d disagree with you. Maybe they’ve never been big rivals but West Brom are far more appealing to watch than Blues, who for as long as I can remember, going back to the 70s when Donal Murphy kicked Kenny Burns in the balls, have always been a non footballing, shithouse team, with thugs masquerading as footballers.

West Brom have always had better footballers than Birmingham, have traveled in numbers and always seemed to be a bogey team of ours, certainly from the late 70s. When I was started watching us it was a derby match and to my mind it still is.

Liquid Gold

It's still a fair crowd.
We can't drop out of the playoffs at the weekend

pusbccfc

All of those factors existed for the Blues game plus some possible worries from some quarters about trouble. The gate v WBA should be bigger, probably the biggest of the season to date.

I'll be impressed if it is.

Back to back £30 games is a lot for the non-season ticket/match package holder.

Granted Saturday is a better day for some, but Birmingham is a bigger game for many.

500 extra away fans will help the number but I'll be shocked if there are more home fans against West Brom than against Peterborough or Derby.

Gynnsthetonic

We can't drop out of the playoffs at the weekend
We are going into December in the top 6, who would of thought that in August, if we can stay there until after the Luton game on New Year's day I really think we'll kick even more as under Robins we've always improved second half of the season, a couple of signings or loans to strengthen the squad here and there and then shift a few players on.

NortonSkyBlue

The baggies are a fine club, with a great history and the knack of bouncing back from their low periods with apparent ease. They were our ultimate bogey side and we took some absolute thrashings from them over the years.

Sky Blue Harry H

I would agree with you. On paper I’m more excited for the game versus Stoke City on the 18th December.

West Brom are a bit like Walsall for me. Travel in fairly good numbers for local games but can’t think of any non-generic songs they sing and they just sit down quietly until they score.

It might be that it’s a 12:30 kick off again that’s subdued my excitement.
The Lord's my Shepherd is a non generic song

AOM

The baggies are a fine club, with a great history and the knack of bouncing back from their low periods with apparent ease. They were our ultimate bogey side and we took some absolute thrashings from them over the years.

Never seen us not lose less than 3 goals against West Brom.
Didn't they smash us at home in the following round after the win at Old Trafford too?

pusbccfc

Didn't they smash us at home in the following round after the win at Old Trafford too?

We lost to West Ham in the next round. Very unlucky. We went 1-0 up.

skyblue1991

Yep you're right! Just looked and it was the FA Cup the same season
Lost 5-0...
We had Dowie's assistants taking charge of that game that had a rugby background and will never forget the defenders flagging for offside from the WBA throw in!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Hate West Brom just for the 0-4 and 0-5 hammerings they gave us at the Ricoh in 2007 and 2008 when I was a kid.
I was at both of those too. We did win the away fixture 4-2 that season, I wasn't at that one

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

It was a league game on sky but think they win 4-0 and then 5-0 in the cup later that season. This was a year or two after we lost 5-0 at the Hawthorns. Our record against them is abysmal

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread