Wembley boycott (1 Viewer)

Otis

Are attendances any worse than they usually are in this competition? Or is it a boycott that is similar to the CCFC one which is mostly coincidence
Attendances for the U21 team games were very low for sure. Not sure on the others.

Brylowes

Hate to piss on your parade and if there is ever a group of fans that deserve a day out at Wembley it's you guys.

BUT there is still a boycott of the Checkatrade Trophy going on. Still don't know if B-teams will be in the competition or not next year and shedloads of Cov fans going to Wembley could be used for propaganda that the competition works with Premier League involvement.

Many of you are carrying out your own boycott against SISU so surely have to have solidarity for the wider B-Team boycott should you get there?

Just a thought.
Thing is mate at this club we have very real concerns about the very existence of our club,We live under a permanent dark cloud, so don't bother asking us to turn our backs on the only glimpse of light we've seen
In years.
Also in the grand scheme of things, prem and champ teams being allowed to enter under 21 teams
In a tinpot competition most don't care about, pales into insignificance alongside our plight.

Rest assured should we qualify, we will attend on mass in our thousands and win lose or draw Wembley
Will be ours for the day, after that it's back under the cloud.

Hobo

If we get there? It would make more sense for the fans to go in numbers and enjoy the day. Show potential investors the potential size of the support.

And protest; but no whistles and no pitch invasions. Just lots of singing and banners. Wembley finals have always had banners.

bluesky88

Checkatrade Trophy - nice little earner for SISU

Prize money for the 2016/17 Checkatrade Trophy stands at £1.95 million, an increase of over 300% from 2015/16, making this season’s rejuvenated competition the most lucrative for participating EFL clubs since its inception in the 1983/84 season.

Clubs will benefit from financial prizes as they progress through the competition which includes £10,000 per win and £5,000 per draw during the Group Stage, increasing prizes for following Knockout Stage victories and a £100,000 prize sum for the eventual winner. In addition, invited clubs will donate all or some of their share of gate receipts to a fund that will be shared equally by clubs from Sky Bet League One and Two.

Nick

Administrator
Checkatrade Trophy - nice little earner for SISU

Prize money for the 2016/17 Checkatrade Trophy stands at £1.95 million, an increase of over 300% from 2015/16, making this season’s rejuvenated competition the most lucrative for participating EFL clubs since its inception in the 1983/84 season.

Clubs will benefit from financial prizes as they progress through the competition which includes £10,000 per win and £5,000 per draw during the Group Stage, increasing prizes for following Knockout Stage victories and a £100,000 prize sum for the eventual winner. In addition, invited clubs will donate all or some of their share of gate receipts to a fund that will be shared equally by clubs from Sky Bet League One and Two.

Does the prize money get paid to SISU then?

pusbccfc

All under 23s are out now. I think it shows a big message that this competition in its old format can attract big crowds.

I haven't been to a game in this competition yet but there is no way I'll ever miss a semi final or trip to Wembley.

Cov kid 55

Until it has been announced that B-teams will be pulled out and the Premier League involvement in a FL competition ended no-one can be sure.

I understand your viewpoint, I think everyone understands that the authorities are undermining this competition, as they do every other competition that doesn't have 'Premier League' front of it. However, I think you can see that long suffering Cov fans have no intention of missing this one chance of real enjoyment, and to avoid further unnecessary and pointless bad feeling, it's probably best that you withdraw from the thread. You have made your point.

skybluebeduff

Hate to piss on your parade and if there is ever a group of fans that deserve a day out at Wembley it's you guys.

BUT there is still a boycott of the Checkatrade Trophy going on. Still don't know if B-teams will be in the competition or not next year and shedloads of Cov fans going to Wembley could be used for propaganda that the competition works with Premier League involvement.

Many of you are carrying out your own boycott against SISU so surely have to have solidarity for the wider B-Team boycott should you get there?

Just a thought.
I am boycotting... the game on saturday because I cannot stand your club or ground for bending over and letting SISU insert one into you.

hill83

All under 23s are out now. I think it shows a big message that this competition in its old format can attract big crowds.

I haven't been to a game in this competition yet but there is no way I'll ever miss a semi final or trip to Wembley.

In theory that's great, but I'm not going to pretend I would boycott a trip to Wembley if we played an under 23 team. I'd still be all over it myself.

Nick

Administrator
I saw somebody tweet the other day that they are going to boycott, announcing it to the world. Now they are deffo going against Wycombe. :emoji_thermometer_face:

Mcbean

Surely it would be better to dig out every 87 flag , kit , shirt , etc - every fan who went in 87 who can go and decend on Wembley ( by the way we still have one match to win ) and really show what the Coventry support is like -much better than staying away - if we make it i will be there - went to Northhampton and now back at the Ricoh - my choice

Nick

Administrator
So do I. Bet they would change their mind though.

Course they would, they wouldn't just say they want a day out there would be an alternative reason. Going to show their displeasure or something by clapping their hands 4 times on the 17th minute in protest and thats why they are going.

hill83

I'm comfortable in my hypocrisy. Although I didn't boycott for any specific reason. I just didn't want to go.

Nick

Administrator
I'm comfortable in my hypocrisy. Although I didn't boycott for any specific reason. I just didn't want to go.

Least you are honest about it, not thinking up random reasons to be a martyr.

Might try it with the wife. "yes dear, lads holiday for 2 weeks, I wouldn't usually go but I feel I need to go and show my displeasure at brexit by wearing my union jack budgie smugglers."

hill83

To be honest, I don't think I'll go to the Wycombe game either. Just get a ticket. There's a good chance I'll be working and I'm out of holiday.

skybluebeduff

Course they would, they wouldn't just say they want a day out there would be an alternative reason. Going to show their displeasure or something by clapping their hands 4 times on the 17th minute in protest and thats why they are going.
Nick bothered by fans turning up shocker!! ;)

Nick

Administrator
Hence why that bothers you... ;)

All aboard....!!!

Nah, I just think it's a bit silly when people announce to the world and then go back on it. No anger or hatred but probably a few cheeky posts about it! ;)

I WILL NOT EAT MEAT, IT'S CRUEL TO ANIMALS!!

What? Miller and Carters have cheap steaks? There at 6 mate.

skybluebeduff

Nah, I just think it's a bit silly when people announce to the world and then go back on it. No anger or hatred but probably a few cheeky posts about it! ;)

It's silly supporting CCFC, but shit happens ;)

Two phone calls already today, one off the father-in-law, one off an uncle, both want tickets when they are released. Both not been since Crewe game, I best tell them no because it's silly ;)

hill83

Two phone calls already today, one off the father-in-law, one off an uncle, both want tickets when they are released. Both not been since Crewe game, I best tell them no because it's silly ;)

My initial reaction to that is to be annoyed. But that's essentially me now, so fuck it. All aboard.

no_loyalty

Fuck me, we must be related

Nick

Administrator

Or wind them up a little bit.

"It's ok, they have directions to the Ricoh on the backs of the tickets so should help you".
"You need to show them stubs from 2 league games" ;)

One I have lined up is.

"Sorry mate, Its a CCFC semi final not wasps. Must have read it wrong"

Monners

Could you make that 3 tickets mate - ooh and one more for the wife

Users who are viewing this thread