Wembley boycott (1 Viewer)

rejected

You did it. One very respected poster even liked the op.

Ok how do I buy the E book?

The eBook is on Amazon - I'll try the link to the book but for some reason this site doesn't go straight to book. From Amazon type in Rejected Peter Richardson!!

And thank you - only get it if you actually fancy reading it though!! It's all good banter!!

KG7

Hate to piss on your parade and if there is ever a group of fans that deserve a day out at Wembley it's you guys.

BUT there is still a boycott of the Checkatrade Trophy going on. Still don't know if B-teams will be in the competition or not next year and shedloads of Cov fans going to Wembley could be used for propaganda that the competition works with Premier League involvement.

Many of you are carrying out your own boycott against SISU so surely have to have solidarity for the wider B-Team boycott should you get there?

Just a thought.

It's easier for you to boycott a cup when you're out of it mate. Plus we've done it the world of good by dumping out three under 23 teams. Ultimately the boycott was protesting against u23 teams taking away a first teams right to play at Wembley, so if two first teams turn up in the final, which is now the case, then perhaps a big crowd compared with the earlier rounds will underline the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monners

I read the forum page via the link given. They are worse than I thought - complete and utter pricks, the lot of them.

Apart from Fugazi - Our very own Grendel, who did his best to get them going

The Reverend Skyblue

Yea just read their site, they really need to let go, and they are so thick that they think you get relegated for not winning your last game. The other 41 in the eighties and 37 in the nineties didn't count whatsoever.

Tossers

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've seen quite a few comments on one of the Facebook pages with people saying stuff like: 'It's hard, but NOPM is NOPM. I won't be going.'

I honestly think anyone that boycotts this game needs their head checking. I don't care what your stance is on funding SISU or whatever, this club has been to Wembley once, and should we get through against Wycombe, it'll probably be the last time most of us get to see them there, if they do ever make it there again. As it looks at the moment we are about to be swallowed up by the lower league's at best.

Sitting at home in your bedroom whilst this all goes on is beyond pathetic.

Monners

Fugazi actually is Grendel - check out the Avatar (and when he posted Michael CCFC's petition back in the Sixfields days)

The Reverend Skyblue

Wembley boycott are you fucking joking, life really is too short for all that crap.
Yes I hate the owners/council/Higgs but fuck that for the day, my morals I'm afraid go straight out the window and I'm grabbing the only chance of a happy day supporting this shower of shit.
You got to grab the good times by the balls at every chance and hell would have to freeze over for me to miss the mighty skyblues at Wembley again, thirty fucking years I've waited to to see them there again

The Reverend Skyblue

Sorry about swearing Nick et all, but passion took over again. Like most on here ive sat on terraces in soulless stadiums like Colchester, Peterborough and all the rest, on cold and wet Tuesday nights in the middle of winter ,and I think I, and us, deserve a little payback.
On another point totally off topic, why have Man City starting calling themselves the skyblues, there's only one skyblues you ignorant northerners, concentrate on your pidgeon's and ferrets and stop it now.

Last edited:

skyblueinBaku

Sorry about swearing Nick et all, but passion took over again. Like most on here ive sat on terraces in soulless stadiums like Colchester, Peterborough and all the rest on cold and wet Tuesday nights in the middle of winter ,and I think I, and us, deserve a little payback.
On another point totally off topic, why have Man City starting calling themselves the skyblues, there's only one skyblues you ignorant northerners, concentrate on your pidgeon's and ferrets and stop doing it.
Rev, do Man City call themselves the Sky Blues, or is it the ignorant media that do it?

The Reverend Skyblue

Rev, do Man City call themselves the Sky Blues, or is it the ignorant media that do it?
This season when I have nothing better to do I do watch the Prem and when Man City are on every game they refer to them as the Skyblues at some point.
So its the media but they must be getting it from somewhere.
It drives me bonkers, I scream at the tele,"your not the bloody Skyblues for gods sake".
Cheeky buggers them Northern folk, give them a yard and they will take a mile. They need to realise civilisation stops just north of Cov, so stop insulting us southerners you inbreds.

Last edited:

Steve.B50

No hassle or negative comments from me.
Hope everyone gets on the band waggon and gets us to the final.
Coventry City fans deserve any bit of luck and excitement they can get.

Covstu

I think our fans did all the boycotting at the start of the tournament when we did play u23 sides. Not anymore!

Gazolba

If we lose the semi-final, I'm definitely boycotting Wembley.

AVWskyblue

If we lose the semi-final, I'm definitely boycotting Wembley.
I can't see us losing the semi to be honest, I can see our lads really up for this and giving Wycombe a right trouncing. It could also be the catalyst they need to then kick on and just scrape enough points to keep us in this hell hole of a division

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

I can't see us losing the semi to be honest, I can see our lads really up for this and giving Wycombe a right trouncing. It could also be the catalyst they need to then kick on and just scrape enough points to keep us in this hell hole of a division

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk
You had to say it didnt you:(

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Wembley boycott are you fucking joking, life really is too short for all that crap.
Yes I hate the owners/council/Higgs but fuck that for the day, my morals I'm afraid go straight out the window and I'm grabbing the only chance of a happy day supporting this shower of shit.
You got to grab the good times by the balls at every chance and hell would have to freeze over for me to miss the mighty skyblues at Wembley again, thirty fucking years I've waited to to see them there again
Come on guy's , let's get to Wembley first !!!
Then we can debate the pros and cons .
After all haven't we been here before !!!
This is Cov City your talking about . :emoji_fearful:

tigersb

I'll be there no matter
Probably the last time I'll see the boys there
Hope not though!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Boycott. Do you like me get fed up of all these judgemental protectors of your morals and principles? It would seem that by going to football matches means you lose those morals or principles and intelligence leaving you open to abuse from keyboard warriors who know better apparently.

NOPM fine if that is what you want to do that's your choice. Doesn't give you the right to impose your opinion on others or to sit in judgement or hurl abuse. If I go to a match it isn't to fund Sisu or for the great level of play (if only!) It is to spend time with family & friends sharing time together. The pleasure is from the people we are with not what is there to be watched, but Ccfc (the team) is important to us. No doubt there will be lectures about the financial impact of that etc but I think I might just understand the finances better than most. If I do not go it is because there is no enjoyment in it provided by the team not because of some moral principle against the owners.

Wembley. Choice between two things for me really.

- a "principle" that U21 teams should not be involved because it devalues what has been a largely low level competition and allows bigger teams to develop their players. Yet supporters are more than happy to have these youngsters in their team or play against every week in the league, developing bigger teams players and keeping their own youngsters out of their team. I don't like having the U21 teams in it but they are.
Or

- I can if we get there spend quality time with my lad watching our team at football's hallowed ground. He has never seen success with Ccfc I would love the chance to see him at Wembley. But that is what football is all about for me. Yes I love my city but it is the quality time with people I love or care about and value that is important.

So here is my over riding principle ...... family first. I don't have to justify or explain my morals or principles to others they are clear to those who matter to me and I am very happy, comfortable with that.

The decision to go to Wembley with my lad would take a nano second..... of course I would go

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Better get there booked the hotel already, just need tickets now with Coventry City on them........

Users who are viewing this thread