Wembley boycott (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

Boycott. Do you like me get fed up of all these judgemental protectors of your morals and principles? It would seem that by going to football matches means you lose those morals or principles and intelligence leaving you open to abuse from keyboard warriors who know better apparently.

NOPM fine if that is what you want to do that's your choice. Doesn't give you the right to impose your opinion on others or to sit in judgement or hurl abuse. If I go to a match it isn't to fund Sisu or for the great level of play (if only!) It is to spend time with family & friends sharing time together. The pleasure is from the people we are with not what is there to be watched, but Ccfc (the team) is important to us. No doubt there will be lectures about the financial impact of that etc but I think I might just understand the finances better than most. If I do not go it is because there is no enjoyment in it provided by the team not because of some moral principle against the owners.

Wembley. Choice between two things for me really.

- a "principle" that U21 teams should not be involved because it devalues what has been a largely low level competition and allows bigger teams to develop their players. Yet supporters are more than happy to have these youngsters in their team or play against every week in the league, developing bigger teams players and keeping their own youngsters out of their team. I don't like having the U21 teams in it but they are.
Or

- I can if we get there spend quality time with my lad watching our team at football's hallowed ground. He has never seen success with Ccfc I would love the chance to see him at Wembley. But that is what football is all about for me. Yes I love my city but it is the quality time with people I love or care about and value that is important.

So here is my over riding principle ...... family first. I don't have to justify or explain my morals or principles to others they are clear to those who matter to me and I am very happy, comfortable with that.

The decision to go to Wembley with my lad would take a nano second..... of course I would go
even by your own high standards OSB58, that is an exceptional post.

Sky Blue Kid

Boycott. Do you like me get fed up of all these judgemental protectors of your morals and principles? It would seem that by going to football matches means you lose those morals or principles and intelligence leaving you open to abuse from keyboard warriors who know better apparently.

NOPM fine if that is what you want to do that's your choice. Doesn't give you the right to impose your opinion on others or to sit in judgement or hurl abuse. If I go to a match it isn't to fund Sisu or for the great level of play (if only!) It is to spend time with family & friends sharing time together. The pleasure is from the people we are with not what is there to be watched, but Ccfc (the team) is important to us. No doubt there will be lectures about the financial impact of that etc but I think I might just understand the finances better than most. If I do not go it is because there is no enjoyment in it provided by the team not because of some moral principle against the owners.

- a "principle" that U21 teams should not be involved because it devalues what has been a largely low level competition and allows bigger teams to develop their players. Yet supporters are more than happy to have these youngsters in their team or play against every week in the league, developing bigger teams players and keeping their own youngsters out of their team. I don't like having the U21 teams in it but they are.
Or

- I can if we get there spend quality time with my lad watching our team at football's hallowed ground. He has never seen success with Ccfc I would love the chance to see him at Wembley. But that is what football is all about for me. Yes I love my city but it is the quality time with people I love or care about and value that is important.

So here is my over riding principle ...... family first. I don't have to justify or explain my morals or principles to others they are clear to those who matter to me and I am very happy, comfortable with that.

The decision to go to Wembley with my lad would take a nano second..... of course I would go

Apparently by having morals and principals and deciding NOT to go to Wembley attracts Keyboard Warriors too. Does that give those that choose to go a greater creedence? Calling out those that went to Sixfields is "Apparently" a No, No. Yet seems perfectly ok to "Slag off" NOPM'ers leaving them, to quote you.."open to abuse from keyboard warriors who know better apparently." I use your quote as a reversal to show it's a two way street that we walk down.
My post btw does not alter my respect I have for you as a poster.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
no greater credence at all. The point of the whole post is that be it to go or not go to NOPM or not NOPM it is a personal choice, and as such accusing either side of lacking morals principles on this forum or others is frankly something I find counter productive, childish and pretty pathetic. There are all sorts of claims made by both sides on both debates (Wembley & NOPM), mostly unsubstantiated and fanciful. I am fed up of people who I don't know, will probably never know or want to, being so damned judgemental.

Lets be clear what is put here is largely anonymous pixels on a screen. What is posted boils down to those who justify as some badge of loyalty attending to support the team , those that say NOPM and that is another badge of honour ........ and the vast majority of people who don't like the situation, want a solution, whose attendance is less and less guaranteed who because of the product are gradually fading away in terms of active support of anything to do with CCFC but are desperate to reignite something with a bit of success for the thing they actually support, the Team. Strangely all sides love their team. In all that there are a few who have, do and will continue to actually do something to try to change things other than sit on their bums, or type pixels on a forum.

What you have is people on both sides of the attend/NOPM actually dividing the fan base because of their vitriol. Dividing a fan base when the one thing needed is unity. I have never been one for name calling and abuse whatever direction it comes from. I hope to try to be balanced and do my best not to be judgemental

The OP came on here saying we should boycott Wembley - I gave my opinion on that.

Other threads have argued for days about NOPM - I gave my opinion on that, its a choice but not one I think about much, I don't go often because I get no pleasure from it.

There are more important things in life than CCFC but if I can combine CCFC with those things then that's a win for me and mine. I am tempted to ask individuals on both sides of the NOPM debate what have you actually done other than sit there to resolve or get rid of SISU, what action have you taken or plan to take/organise, what is the plan forward what action are you prepared to take other than sit there. But I wont. You I see a lot of shouting but very little else

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

no greater credence at all. The point of the whole post is that be it to go or not go to NOPM or not NOPM it is a personal choice, and as such accusing either side of lacking morals principles on this forum or others is frankly something I find counter productive, childish and pretty pathetic. There are all sorts of claims made by both sides on both debates (Wembley & NOPM), mostly unsubstantiated and fanciful. I am fed up of people who I don't know, will probably never know or want to, being so damned judgemental.
Lets be clear what is put here is largely anonymous pixels on a screen. What is posted boils down to those who justify as some badge of loyalty attending to support the team , those that say NOPM and that is another badge of honour ........ and the vast majority of people who don't like the situation, want a solution, whose attendance is less and less guaranteed who because of the product are gradually fading away in terms of active support of anything to do with CCFC but are desperate to reignite something with a bit of success for the thing they actually , the Team. Strangely all sides love their team. In all that there are a few who have, do and will continue to actually do something to try to change things other than sit on their bums, or type pixels on a forum.

What you have is people on both sides of the attend/NOPM actually dividing the fan base because of their vitriol. Dividing a fan base when the one thing needed is unity. I have never been one for name calling and abuse whatever direction it comes from. I hope to try to be balanced and do my best not to be judgemental

The OP came on here saying we should boycott Wembley - I gave my opinion on that.

Other threads have argued for days about NOPM - I gave my opinion on that, its a choice but not one I think about much, I don't go often because I get no pleasure from it.

There are more important things in life than CCFC but if I can combine CCFC with those things then that's a win for me and mine. I am tempted to ask individuals on both sides of the NOPM debate what have you actually done other than sit there to resolve or get rid of SISU, what action have you taken or plan to take/organise, what is the plan forward. You I see a lot of shouting but very little else

When your post states the situation as you eloquently have in this one, I totally agree.

peeler

Or

Who pissed on your porridge?

One of the beautiful things about living in the United Kingdom is that you are free to make your own choices, have your own thoughts & do what you like (within reason of course)

I choose not to give SISU any of my money, I think that giving them money prolongs there stay here, I'm not going to watch my team again until they are gone.

I was 28 in 87 when we had our wonderful day in the sun, a perfect age to appreciate it and enjoy it to the full.
I wouldn't want a trip to Wembley to see them in a tin pot trophy diminish that glorious memory.

clint van damme

TE="peeler, post: 1253056, member: 8770"]Who pissed on your porridge?

One of the beautiful things about living in the United Kingdom is that you are free to make your own choices, have your own thoughts & do what you like (within reason of course)

I choose not to give SISU any of my money, I think that giving them money prolongs there stay here, I'm not going to watch my team again until they are gone.

I was 28 in 87 when we had our wonderful day in the sun, a perfect age to appreciate it and enjoy it to the full.
I wouldn't want a trip to Wembley to see them in a tin pot trophy diminish that glorious memory.[/QUOTE]
That's fair enough. But why come on here telling everyone. Go tell your rugger bugger mates. I'm sure they'll be impressed.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
kind of makes my point

glad you agree we are free to make a personal choice. You have explained yours and I honestly have no issue with that at all. I assume from that you would respect the choice of others who see it differently

peeler

kind of makes my point

glad you agree we are free to make a personal choice. You have explained yours and I honestly have no issue with that at all. I assume from that you would respect the choice of others who see it differently

Certainly, if they are lucky enough to get to Wembley and you wish to go. Enjoy the day.

Grendel

peeler

"They" - says it all

The choice of the word wasn't a mistake. I'm disengaged with the football club while SISU are the owners.

Sure I follow them on the radio & I'll read what people are saying, but emotionally there's nothing left in the tank.

Nick

Administrator
The choice of the word wasn't a mistake. I'm disengaged with the football club while SISU are the owners.

Sure I follow them on the radio & I'll read what people are saying, but emotionally there's nothing left in the tank.

Until we start winning again like last time.

It always seem that those who want to tell the world about their morals and principles are also the first ones to go against them. Simple thing to do is not prance about like some sort of martyr to then look silly when going against it.

lifeskyblue

Fair enough...a lot of us have had a few wobbles recently. But if we get there nothing will stop me wanting to see my team at Wembley again...no matter the circumstances and no matter the competition.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covman

No because he is talking about the people going to Wembley of which he is not. So 'we' would be completely inappropriate. Basically it's just Grendel on the wind up again. Yawn.

Nick

Administrator
No because he is talking about the people going to Wembley of which he is not. So 'we' would be completely inappropriate. Basically it's just Grendel on the wind up again. Yawn.

No, he is talking about CCFC.

if they are lucky enough to get to Wembley

Are you going to be posting on the match thread about the football this afternoon or just on here for the wind up again? yawn.

Sadly, you and Peeler seem to have missed that thread?

covman

Any reason why I haven't been able to post for weeks and why the website keeps coming up with errors when I log in Nick? Or is it all because you disagree with what I say?

peeler

Fair enough...a lot of us have had a few wobbles recently. But if we get there nothing will stop me wanting to see my team at Wembley again...no matter the circumstances and no matter the competition.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue, were you around 87? Personally a trip to Wembley in the tin pot trophy would only serve to remind me of how far we have sunk. I'd prefer not to tarnish that memory.

But I have no issue with people who want to go, enjoy the day

Nick

Administrator
Any reason why I haven't been able to post for weeks and why the website keeps coming up with errors when I log in Nick? Or is it all because you disagree with what I say?

No issues with the site, what browser are you using? Try running ccleaner and trying it with Google Chrome.

peeler

No, he is talking about CCFC.

Are you going to be posting on the match thread about the football this afternoon or just on here for the wind up again? yawn.

Sadly, you and Peeler seem to have missed that thread?

I'm listening to the game right now. Well I was, but the commentary has just gone awol...........

covman

No issues with the site, what browser are you using? Try running ccleaner and trying it with Google Chrome.

It's only when I log in. It's fine when viewing. If only I could get on the match thread! Takes 10 mins to post a comment!

Nick

Administrator
It's only when I log in. It's fine when viewing. If only I could get on the match thread! Takes 10 mins to post a comment!

What browser are you using? Try and clear all cookies / cache etc or try a different browser.

NortonSkyBlue

A personal story;
When we moved Northampton I was working in Russia and was unlikely to attend more than 5 games that year so NOPM was not so much a statement from me but I sure did wobble.
How the fuck was my club taken from my city and plonked in a town(any town except Nuneaton maybe) and our fans by and large couldn't muster more than a few ripples of protest or just staying away? I seriously couldn't grasp that.
When in Coventry I went to watch Cov rugby even if CCFC. It was fine but it wasn't where my heart lay.
I had to rekindle any affection I had for the club because for the best part of 50 years my club defined me and still does.
I always bought books by ex players, spent money on memorabilia and talked about the results but felt detached not by the miles but my connection. That was broken and like a man whose wife has cheated on him but he forgives her, he never for a moment forgets.
I go to more games now despite living in Riyadh and I feel it is up to me to forgive if I want to connect with something that for 50 years has been in my life.
If we get to Wembley I will be there, if we don't I will be at the fixture that weekend, not because of anything other than I would rather watch my team than do anything else.
Those that don't go will be the losers, win or lose.

Users who are viewing this thread