Wembley boycott (1 Viewer)

NTFC

Hate to piss on your parade and if there is ever a group of fans that deserve a day out at Wembley it's you guys.

BUT there is still a boycott of the Checkatrade Trophy going on. Still don't know if B-teams will be in the competition or not next year and shedloads of Cov fans going to Wembley could be used for propaganda that the competition works with Premier League involvement.

Many of you are carrying out your own boycott against SISU so surely have to have solidarity for the wider B-Team boycott should you get there?

Just a thought.

Nick

Administrator
Who says whether there is a boycott of something or not? Who decides?

"have solidarity" by not watching your team play?

I'm not really sure I would listen to a fan of another team coming on telling me which games I should and shouldn't go to.

NTFC

There is a highly successful boycott of the Checkatrade Trophy going under under the #BTeamBoycott hashtag on social media. That is a fact.

Obviously It's an individual choice, no rights or wrongs.

Nick

Administrator
There is a highly successful boycott of the Checkatrade Trophy going under under the #BTeamBoycott hashtag on social media. That is a fact.

Does everybody really make decisions on whether to go and watch their team because of a hashtag on social media?

Corrado

Hate to piss on your parade and if there is ever a group of fans that deserve a day out at Wembley it's you guys.

BUT there is still a boycott of the Checkatrade Trophy going on. Still don't know if B-teams will be in the competition or not next year and shedloads of Cov fans going to Wembley could be used for propaganda that the competition works with Premier League involvement.

Many of you are carrying out your own boycott against SISU so surely have to have solidarity for the wider B-Team boycott should you get there?

Just a thought.
FUCK OFF!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

If you can guarantee me that my club will get to Wembley again in my lifetime I may consider.

1st time in my lifetime at Wembley 22 years since my first game bar a couple of alright seasons, a lot of dross and to be honest who says I will have a club to support in a couple of years.

I'm afraid SHOULD we get to Wembley I will be attending.

NTFC

If you can guarantee me that my club will get to Wembley again in my lifetime I may consider.

1st time in my lifetime at Wembley 22 years since my first game bar a couple of alright seasons, a lot of dross and to be honest who says I will have a club to support in a couple of years.

I'm afraid SHOULD we get to Wembley I will be attending.

Fair play, like I said it's an individual choice.

ajsccfc

Why? They're two very different issues linked by a single word.

letsallsingtogether

Just a thought.
Funny I don't see much solidarity for our cause.
Take it you'll be at the game in Saturday while some of us stand on the hill.
Why not all join us?

Terry Gibson's perm

Obviously you boycotted your team when they allowed our side to lodge at your ground for a season?

If and it's a huge if we get to Wembley I will hope to go as this may be our last chance as I think the fa trophy final is played elsewhere.

Our side have done more than many others against the under 23's we have knocked them out and our attendances are well down for the games.

jabharty

Or alternatively, each club could pack out every game and say it's because there are no longer any U21 sides left in the competition. That'd be a statement.
I'm sure the idea will be scrapped, so what happens from here on in won't be that important.

Skybluefaz

giphy.gif

Just a thought.

NTFC

Funny I don't see much solidarity for our cause.
Take it you'll be at the game in Saturday while some of us stand on the hill.
Why not all join us?

Plenty of solidarity for your cause and good relations between the more activist fans thanks to your trust helping with our bucket shake at the Ricoh. There will be some of our fans on the hill but a few don't see the need because of the actions of our former chairman who has been completely discredited. No-one wanted you at Sixfields bar him and SISU.

NTFC

Or alternatively, each club could pack out every game and say it's because there are no longer any U21 sides left in the competition. That'd be a statement.
I'm sure the idea will be scrapped, so what happens from here on in won't be that important.

Until it has been announced that B-teams will be pulled out and the Premier League involvement in a FL competition ended no-one can be sure.

SlowerThanPlatt

Until it has been announced that B-teams will be pulled out and the Premier League involvement in a FL competition ended no-one can be sure.

I still don't understand how if we get to Wembley and take a lot of fans it's supporting the idea of B teams?

Monners

If we were to play a B team in the final then I probably wouldn't go as it would feel a bit odd (if not silly). If we get there, we won't be so I would go.

I got some rubbish from Cobblers fans when we took 7k to MK, as they felt it was supporting a franchise by giving them money. And yet the Cobblers took 7k in the FA Cup last season and 3k last weekend!
so, it's personal choice if people want to support their team.

Stick to suggesting pubs for Saturday's game mate, you seem quite good at that.

Otis

My understanding is that the U21/23 teams WILL be included next season. Already been decided upon and commitment made.

That's not to say that some Premier clubs might decide to pull out.

I am totally against their inclusion and it is an idea that has totally failed, but let us win it this year and then I will gladly join the boycott for next season.

Unless of course we get to the final of that too.

smileycov

Facebook User
In every generation there is a Chosen One. They alone will stand against the u-23s, the B teams, and the forces of darkness. They are the Slayers. They are Coventry City F.C
Actually first time you made me lol

skybluetony176

If we get there I think we've earned it. FA to celebrate in 30 years so the fans deserve it and we played a hand in knocking out two of the U21 sides so the players deserve our support.

As for solidarity when we were at Sixfields I ain't being funny fella but your trust went missing in our hour of need and I seen little sympathy on line from your fans especially on the hotel end save for a poster called lift tower who seemed to take abuse for showing solidarity.

Also what happened to the bucket money? Because someone came in and saved you does that mean I can have my tenner back ;)

Monners

If we get there I think we've earned it. FA to celebrate in 30 years so the fans deserve it and we played a hand in knocking out two of the U21 sides so the players deserve our support.

As for solidarity when we were at Sixfields I ain't being funny fella but your trust went missing in our hour of need and I seen little sympathy on line from your fans especially on the hotel end save for a poster called lift tower who seemed to take abuse for showing solidarity.

Also what happened to the bucket money? Because someone came in and saved you does that mean I can have my tenner back ;)

Some valid points Tony (I think Lift Tower's wife is a Cov fan). Their Trust did seem to take a back seat as it were, but they had bigger fish to fry with Cardoza. Also, in regard to the money raised at the Ricoh - it was £4k and their Trust gave it all back (to our Trust I believe) when Kelvin Thomas bought them and saved them not long after the FA Cup game. I am sure CJ can clarify this. .

However, forums are only a very small element of supporters and views. I live in the town and no-one I spoke to thought it was a good thing for either club to have us at Sixfields. They didn't always understand the off the pitch stuff, which is fair enough.

no_loyalty

Just a thought.

Fuck off, we haven't been to Wembley since 1987 so our younger fans deserve a day out regardless of the competition

Users who are viewing this thread