Well done in advance (1 Viewer)

Real shame this half the gate thing. It was hard enough to miss Barnsley. NOPM means NOPM though.

Gold Star Super Fan

Lorksalordy

There appears to be a monotonous, never ending echo on this board at the moment. Some people are staying away from Sixfields and are not doing so as part of any allegiance to a slogan. A lot of those people are going to as many away games as possible and have been all season. What is hard to understand and why are some bleating on endlessly about it ??? It's almost as if they don't want people to attend matches and support the team. The smug self satisfied high and mighty attitude of some is incredible.

wingy

There appears to be a monotonous, never ending echo on this board at the moment. Some people are staying away from Sixfields and are not doing so as part of any allegiance to a slogan. A lot of those people are going to as many away games as possible and have been all season. What is hard to understand and why are some bleating on endlessly about it ??? It's almost as if they don't want people to attend matches and support the team. The smug self satisfied high and mighty attitude of some is incredible.

With Incredibly thin Skins.

Last edited:
The day out at Arsenal will probably get them more money than all of the Sixfields games put together though so who will it be supporting the club?

Unfortunately you're right. For me, this is a bad day.

Gold Star Super Fan

Longford

This thread reminds me of a Monty Python Sketch. Peoples Frount of Judea anyone ?

bigfatronssba

Ahh but NOPM doesn't have any rules to say what you can and can't do. So keep shouting NOPM and frothing at the mouth while giving SISU your money.

The whole NOPM does seem to have died out, I can totally understand people not going to Sixfields. I am just talking about the rants about not "lining pockets" or "giving the devil money". The day out at Arsenal will probably get them more money than all of the Sixfields games put together though so who will it be supporting the club?

You do realise though that the actual cash value to sisu of city fans attending is not much more than a normal game at sixfields?

9000 city fans, less share of match day costs, less 10% for the FA, less Arsenals 45%.

So in answer to your question "Who will be supporting the club?" (I'm assuming you mean financially), then the answer is Arsenal fans.

sky blue john

I don't go to sixfields. I do not buy from the club shop. i will not go to Arsenal. All the away matches i have been to this season i have purchased tickets direct with opposing club. This i believe to be the only nopm way and still support the team.

wince

Sudden change in stance for a lot of people, NOPM is now NOPM (but only at sixfields). I don't begrudge anyone going but slight hypocrisy here folks, half of your cash will be going to the organisation you said you wouldn't give a penny too.

I seem to remember a similar discussion around MK Dons and the hypothetical thread on if we got to the playoff finals...
ILL be going to arsenal, im fully behind nopm. sisu wont be getting there 60 million back from me , sisu had a bond with me and thousands of others ,where by we gave them money upfront every year o watch football ,they broke that bond with me and thousands of others probably forever ,so if they have turned there £400 plus money into 30 or 40 quid a season that counts as not a penny more from me

Last edited:

Covstu

No I think a lot of people are just being pedantic. NOPM is a bit like shouting sack the board. It is a call for change as much as it is to be taken literally. Most people used it to say they weren't supporting the move to Northampton, hoping a boycott and loss of revenue would Force SISU either to sell or at least negotiate to get us back playing in Coventry.

People's stubbornness over a throw away slogan like NOPM would be like me suggesting those that go Sixfields and claim to be fighting to keep the club going financially, are hypocrites for taking advantage of reduced ticket prices?

As for inflammatory comments. These actually come from just a few on both sides...and often do neither sides arguments any favours.

or using to meet people's needs?

Just think there are lots of people on here who hammer people who attend home games as its financially supporting the club, this is no different in my opinion. This is all going into SISU's coffers (well 45% of the revenue is).

Travs

NOPM (but we don't really mean it when it suits us)

No wonder this message board is viewed as 'mong hq' by level headed city fans...

ecky

Arsenal ticket prices?

Hi all, this cant be right surely can it?

How much will they charge us?

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
Saturday 4 January 2014
Kick Off 5.15pm
Ticket Allocation: 5,186
Prices: Adult - £62, Over 65 - £26.50, Under 16 - £23.50
:censored:

shmmeee

or using to meet people's needs?

Just think there are lots of people on here who hammer people who attend home games as its financially supporting the club, this is no different in my opinion. This is all going into SISU's coffers (well 45% of the revenue is).

I hammer people because I see it as giving consent to a move I think is morally wrong and damaging to the club.

I don't think £0.5m either way will sway them (difference between a full Sixfields and current situation).

Can I go to Arsenal?

Longford

No wonder this message board is viewed as 'mong hq' by level headed city fans...

"Level headed city fans" yet they call other city fans "mongs"?!?!?

Have a look at yourself eh ?

wince

OH so 95% of city fans are mongs and 5% are level headed ,enough said

Specs WT-R75

Saturday 4 January 2014
Kick Off 5.15pm

Arsenal fan signed up in another thread and gave some very helpful info... we were nice enough to give him some lovely insults.... in any case it is likely to be a category B game at approx £35 a ticket, less for kids oaps etc ... (unless both clubs agree on further concessions)

Anyone remember how much it was a ticket last time round?

I don't go to sixfields. I do not buy from the club shop. i will not go to Arsenal. All the away matches i have been to this season i have purchased tickets direct with opposing club. This i believe to be the only nopm way and still support the team.

Saturday 4 January 2014
Kick Off 5.15pm

Way to make a bad day worse. Let's hope this was a one off because of the opposition!

Combine these prices with a large gate (the fact they're at the top of the league won't help, even if they field weakened team) and you'd have a big cash windfall for SueSue wouldn't you? Certainly in comparison to Sixfields attendances.

Arsenal fan signed up in another thread and gave some very helpful info... we were nice enough to give him some lovely insults.... in any case it is likely to be a category B game at approx £35 a ticket, less for kids oaps etc ... (unless both clubs agree on further concessions)

Anyone remember how much it was a ticket last time round?

Well that's some good news, thanks.

letsallsingtogether

NOPM,

Just another reason for people against any protest but who do nothing to bang and shout and accuse others of not being City Fans.

I don't go inside sixfields but have a season ticket on the hill. wouldn't go in if it was free, unlike others who then come on here preaching?

Go to away games think I have missed 2.

Will go to Arsenal as it won't make much difference what we don't sell will go to their fans.

If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it. also went to MK Dons so no turning back now.

I love this club if I stop going away I might as well, stop supporting Fullstop.

Nick

Administrator
There will still be more people that don't go, than those that will, maybe not all supporters post their views on here.

I know not all supporters post on here, I have never claimed that. How many fans that would have been there 100% 5 years ago won't be going for the reason that SISU will get some of the money?

Covstu

I hammer people because I see it as giving consent to a move I think is morally wrong and damaging to the club.

I don't think £0.5m either way will sway them (difference between a full Sixfields and current situation).

Can I go to Arsenal?

so 1/2m is okay then? Ah so it should Only 1/2M more (OHMM). See you there!

Covstu

NOPM,

Just another reason for people against any protest but who do nothing to bang and shout and accuse others of not being City Fans.

I don't go inside sixfields but have a season ticket on the hill. wouldn't go in if it was free, unlike others who then come on here preaching?

Will go to Arsenal as it won't make much difference what we don't sell will go to their fans.

If that makes me a hypocrite then so be it. also went to MK Dons so no turning back now.

I love this club if I stop going away I might as well, stop supporting Fullstop.

isn't this what 6fields attendees are saying? They love the club and just want to support the boys?

Sky Blue Pete

Whether we go or not makes no difference to sisu. Can't go as home games are not in Coventry. Just me and I miss it like mad

Nick

Administrator
NOPM,

Why put that in bold, nice little dig? You carry on giving SISU your money and supporting them fella and then trying to say why people who go into Sixfields are wrong. ;)

You justify it by saying "it won't make much difference" and "you love supporting the boys" which is what the same as most Sixfields attendees say.

The only people that preach are people trying to tell people they shouldn't go to Sixfields and a WUM who says it is better than the San Siro.

I just hope everybody who does go sees a great game and hopefully a city win. Maybe it will cheer some people up and make them smile for 10 minutes before they find something else to whinge about :)

Users who are viewing this thread